Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Citations Needed for sure

evidence-based deconstructions and takedowns of popular tropes that your wife was listening to on the regular with her previous playlist

seriously, breaking down how news and archiving functions is as key as the facts behind and of the natter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The missus is about 1/2 way through crack pinging, but wanting to find some podcasts that deliver "the truth".

Issue is like 3 months ago Pod Save America, DemocracyNow, and the like were all she consumed, thinking they were radical truth & changed oriented (rather then blue funnels). She can't get behind trueanon, wondering if anyone has some good halfway step podcast recommendations.

QAA is normy acceptable content generated by 100 non normies

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

5-4 is a great podcast about how nothing in any other branch of the government matters as long as we have a 6 person tradcath guardian council deciding that women aren't people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The missus is about 1/2 way through crack pinging, but wanting to find some podcasts that deliver "the truth".

Issue is like 3 months ago Pod Save America, DemocracyNow, and the like were all she consumed, thinking they were radical truth & changed oriented (rather then blue funnels). She can't get behind trueanon, wondering if anyone has some good halfway step podcast recommendations.

Introduce them to cum town.

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Jul 9, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Ghost Stories For the End of the World is the manna you want

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

evidence-based deconstructions and takedowns of popular tropes that your wife was listening to on the regular with her previous playlist

seriously, breaking down how news and archiving functions is as key as the facts behind and of the natter

Citations Needed is really effective on people who are already into that style. The whole lay out the entire argument and then bring on a guest to reinforce it gets old if you already have the lens but for people who are suspicious they’re being radicalized or tricked or whatever it’s a very solid presentation.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Sam Seder pisses me off sometimes, but the Majority Report could be a good one. Also Qanon Ananymous is a little lighter, but their new episodes ever since just after the insurrection have been hit or miss with me.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

I would not try and break my partner's brain, personally

lol

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Victory Position posted:

I tried to get her on our fake history which does a great job of that with a western history lens, but she wanted something newer, this sounds like just the thing.

cause yeah, discrete events don't really matter that much outside getting some laughs

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
"i hadn't poo poo my pants in 3 years" lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

V. Illych L. posted:

the what word

this is not a bit i legitimately am not sure which word you're referring to

cum town

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1413543070172422146?s=19

lmao

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Is Vaush the same as Roosh? Are they both pickup artists?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

prefect posted:

vaush too young to be a pua, so he's a online leftist dude

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

prefect posted:

I think Roosh thinks he’s Jesus now?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

citations needed really is the best entry point toward radicalization even if its scope is inadequate for people reading this thread. it's like Sagan's The Demon Haunted World, will really blow many people's minds

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

how can she not get behind pisspiggrandad and liz franczak. wtf.

anyways answer is probably Citations Needed. and Ghost Stories for the End of the World is great. less focused is also Death Is Just Around the Corner but it's a lot of reoccurring themes of deep state/capitalism/ops intertwining over a lot of episodes and not nearly as nicely packaged as CN or TA so probably not a great choice on it's own.

Matt's cushvlogs but also same problem and even more rambling. A lot of the november election episodes were absolutely great, as are some recent ones like ministry for a future and red something for high-tier rambling.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Citations needed has some great eps, but also had some crazy boring ones.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

Citations needed has some great eps, but also had some crazy boring ones.

you'd be surprised; an episode about journalistic procedure may not seem much on its face, but if you have an unwavering faith in the media as truth-seekers, on the other hand...

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Victory Position posted:

you'd be surprised; an episode about journalistic procedure may not seem much on its face, but if you have an unwavering faith in the media as truth-seekers, on the other hand...

You’re probably right but I like to think you deprogram people by making fun of your friend who poo poo in his pants.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

zegermans posted:

gotta say Virgil was the last person of the 5 I expected to be a sex pest

are you insane? if anyone was going to be a sexpest it was going to virgil

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the Beatles were all sexpests so obviously the moptop one is suss

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Have people not heard of PressTV? It's the Iranian government supported news channel.

The US seized a bunch of their websites a few weeks ago.
https://presstv.com/

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'd recommend the new True Anon to anyone who doesn't know enough about the Native schools controversy in Canada. Contextualizing it in terms of the fact that the mass graves are only being discovered now, decades after Canada already ended its "Truth & Reconciliation" initiative was a real eye opener.

Red Nation is good too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gripweed posted:

Will would be the least surprising because he's the nicest and least-threatening sounding Chapo, and those are always the ones you need to watch out for.

will and his gf swing

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Will would be the least surprising because he's the nicest and least-threatening sounding Chapo, and those are always the ones you need to watch out for.

Often Abbreviated posted:

Matt's less "sex pest" than "beat someone to death with a rock in a fit of drunken rage fifteen years ago, everyone in town knows about it but are too scared to say anything, so now he lives by himself and occasionally sells jars of homemade pickle to tourists at the town market" imo

:hai:

also wrt virgil i recall someone in c-spam or on twitter met him once and said he had "hot girl energy" and was super dismissive. lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Centrist Committee posted:

Red Nation is good too

Nick Estes rules, he's usually posting on twitter about stuff going on in the American indigenous community.

https://twitter.com/nickwestes

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Nick Estes rules

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

will and his gf swing

need an elf third for our giantess/dwarf pairing

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

tmfc posted:

:hai:

also wrt virgil i recall someone in c-spam or on twitter met him once and said he had "hot girl energy" and was super dismissive. lol

I always assumed he was fat when he was younger then lost a bunch of weight and got that attitude

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah, here's the account of the person who wrote the medium post.

https://twitter.com/alocalidiot/status/1412564585010196484?s=20

if you share it, share this one.

Yeah the "Sadie Farrell" account is Peter Soeller, a real lunatic. Giving them oxygen is never a good idea.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
ahahaha he's still online roleplaying as being a lady revolutionary???

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

vanishedimam posted:

Yeah the "Sadie Farrell" account is Peter Soeller, a real lunatic. Giving them oxygen is never a good idea.

lmfao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

will and his gf swing

they go to the parties with the complementary buffets

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

vanishedimam posted:

oh holy poo poo, it's that freak?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vanishedimam posted:

Lmfao, I didn't realize that. My bad.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ah Hell, a new Radio War Nerd on Afghanistan? Cancel all my appointments.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ive been to two chapo shows and talked to felix after the show and ran into matt after at a bar and both were incredibly kind and engaging and felix added me as a playstation friend but i was too afraid to ever invite himt o anything.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Dr. Killjoy posted:

ahahaha he's still online roleplaying as being a lady revolutionary???

hey now, that's a lot of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
even though they are the same functional person wrt intensity, bearded matt puts me at ease, but smooth matt would make me unnerved