Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Crime is great. We need more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

cspam : notorious for enforcing strict debate guidelines where wrongthink is ruthlessly probated

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

this is antisemitism

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If youre from dnd I'm gonna probe you :twisted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Excelzior posted:

cspam : notorious for enforcing strict debate guidelines where wrongthink is ruthlessly probated
:hai:

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is utterly ridiculous to claim that the GOP pushed their base to the right, when the GOP almost imploded after Trump's nomination in 2016 and the rather sizable contingent of never-Trumpers continued to loudly object until most of them were voted out two years later. So it was the other way around: the base pushed the GOP to the right. Just five years ago it was unthinkable for an out-in-the-open conspiracy theorist and nonsense peddler like MTG to get elected.

Ironically, the same RWM outlets that were responsible for pushing the conservative base to the right then started to get criticized for not being extreme enough. It's truly a Frankenstein situation and I'm pretty :ohdear: about where it will lead.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ok, now reverse it with DnD posters as the child and sicc zone posts as the water.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Catpetter1981 posted:

Just five years ago it was unthinkable for an out-in-the-open conspiracy theorist and nonsense peddler like MTG to get elected.

L

O

L

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
[succ] ow fire bad

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

[succ] ow fire bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Uncle Wemus posted:

E: btw most of the replies to our posts today aren’t in this thread, if anybody is looking to go have an incredibly toxic debate somewhere and then get probed (I’m good, thanks)

lol of course it’s from the mentally ill shitstain who yelled at everyone for disrespecting his dead sister by not voting Biden

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Absolutely blows my mind that even when we post in d&d in good faith, we risk a 6er or more (the #metoo thread is a great example of d&d mods coming in and mashing buttons where it's not required) and think nothing of it. Really I think you'd only get hit with buttons here if you're someone exceedingly condescending like how are u

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Radirot posted:

really pathetic to be debating the semantics of that slogan still out of fear of losing voters. reminds me of the time dems still hesitated on gay marriage and went with "civil union".

the reason they keep coming back to the slogan itself is that libs genuinely hate it because they can't weasel their way out of it

with reform they could be like "ah more money for "training", problem solved" but defund is explicit and non-negotiable

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mirthless posted:

Like maybe poo poo like this would be helpful if our government provided more support for small scale farming many years ago but at this point farmers are fuckin extinct

They needed to do that during the land crash in the 80s that wiped out everyone small, it's way too late now

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Dear cowards: :justpost:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lib and let die posted:

Absolutely blows my mind that even when we post in d&d in good faith, we risk a 6er or more (the #metoo thread is a great example of d&d mods coming in and mashing buttons where it's not required) and think nothing of it. Really I think you'd only get hit with buttons here if you're someone exceedingly condescending like how are u

6ers don't matter and should be shrugged off

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

absolutely

if you post a thread about a 6'er in QCS it should automatically permaban you

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Almost correct. They should be worn as a badge of honor.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ok, who had "DnD goes so hard for fascism that they get called out by MPF" on their bingo card?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lib and let die posted:

I promise I won't probate any d&d posters that want to come here and defend their positions

this, but unironically. There's only one exception to this rule because he's chainprobe on sight.

in other words:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Dear cowards: :justpost:

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did I seriously just read a bunch of goons argue that the pro-cop Democrat won the mayoral primary because New York Democratic Primary Voters are MORE CONSERVATIVE THAN THE GENERAL ELECTORATE?

Maybe we should ask Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez what she thinks about that :lol:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ok, who had "DnD goes so hard for fascism that they get called out by MPF" on their bingo card?

someone has to keep the kayfabe up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Lmao, who would have guessed that hating leftists as politics would have lead to fascism?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

these people have a brain disease

imagine being 82 years old, rich as gently caress, married to literal royalty and being able to retire scot free and still hanging on to your dumb job.

that's before you even get to the reprecussions of trying to retire in 2 years if the GOP takes the senate

desperately clutching onto any shred of power at the expense of literally everything else is how they've lived for 80+ years, why would they stop

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao, who would have guessed that hating leftists as politics would have lead to fascism?

strange how this always happens, it must be the fault of the left

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Yinlock posted:

:shuckyes:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yinlock posted:

I guess you could say that they did nazi -

you know what, no. i'm better than that.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Let's avoid insulting mental fitness and instead focus on their tremendous idiocy.

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Jul 9, 2021

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Excelzior posted:

joke's on you, I'm working hard on fixing the problem permanently

Really do wish there were old ones i could devote myself to
Daoloth seems cool

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It is utterly ridiculous to claim that the GOP pushed their base to the right, when the GOP almost imploded after Trump's nomination in 2016 and the rather sizable contingent of never-Trumpers continued to loudly object until most of them were voted out two years later. So it was the other way around: the base pushed the GOP to the right. Just five years ago it was unthinkable for an out-in-the-open conspiracy theorist and nonsense peddler like MTG to get elected.

Ironically, the same RWM outlets that were responsible for pushing the conservative base to the right then started to get criticized for not being extreme enough. It's truly a Frankenstein situation and I'm pretty :ohdear: about where it will lead.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
five years ago I couldn't imagine a conspiracy theorist getting elected in congress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yinlock posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Let's avoid insulting mental fitness and instead focus on their tremendous idiocy.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Right wing media bubble, my man. The democratic base is diverse, and gets info from diverse places. Not remotely the same.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ive got probes if you want to see what it's like when I'm actually being emotional

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Hey Bernie where did the hundreds of millions of dollars people paid you to run for president go?

Likely to random consulting firms employed by the Democrats

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Right wing media bubble, my man. The democratic base is diverse, and gets info from diverse places. Not remotely the same.

nanomachines, my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

five years ago I couldn't imagine a conspiracy theorist getting elected in congress

it is kinda impressive the level of willful ignorance required