Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
please stop posting these lunatics, we have enough of them ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

I always had a worry one of these mentally unwell wrestling fans on Twitter would do something dangerous. Because there are seriously a ton of them out there, its quite the rabbit hole you can go down with those types of accounts on social media.

you don't even have to leave the board to find one, I've had complete meltdowns over this poo poo but never want to hurt anyone but myself. Something about wrestling attracts mentally ill people.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly this guy is a perfect encapsulation of the Cornette chud. He spent his own money to go to a show he hated, had a huge plan, jumped a barrier and got immediately owned, and now thinks that being publicly embarrassed makes him a hero.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Wonder how this guy imagined it would go down that night. Though it does seem like he's still sticking to having owned AEW despite getting decked by Jericho and dragged out by security, so maybe he really intended to look like a bitch on live TV.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

In the new outside the ring Darius is right when he says Krave is a great cereal no one talks about. He's my best friend now.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Eat My Fuc posted:

you don't even have to leave the board to find one, I've had complete meltdowns over this poo poo but never want to hurt anyone but myself. Something about wrestling attracts mentally ill people.

Well I'm more talking about people with delusions like this guy who think they are part of the business, part of storylines, in relationship with the wrestlers. There are a lot of very strange people posting about wrestling on Twitter. You can usually find a lot of them in the replies to wrestlers tweets.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

when I was 20 something, I wanted to throw an arena beer at John Cena. Because it'd be funny, and other than wasting $15, no real harm would come of it. I still want to do that, but it'd be weird going to a movie debut of FF or whatever and doing that. Esp since I don't drink anymore.

I still chuckle at the time Seth Rollins got bonked with a fan's MITB case. Because that fuckin snitch deserves it.

Anyway, don't rush the wrestlers. They do physical poo poo all the time, you do not. And the security guards are all bluelivespilled weirdos that absolutely want to curbstomp you.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

In the new outside the ring Darius is right when he says Krave is a great cereal no one talks about. He's my best friend now.

is this a minnesota thing?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

coconono posted:

when I was 20 something, I wanted to throw an arena beer at John Cena. Because it'd be funny,

no it wouldnt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please respect the wrestlers' physical privacy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

please respect the wrestlers' physical privacy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Disgusting.

The pop-tarts cereal was the best take on that concept, and the cookies and cream version was S+ Tier cereal. We need to bring it back.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

coconono posted:

when I was 20 something, I wanted to throw an arena beer at John Cena. Because it'd be funny, and other than wasting $15, no real harm would come of it. I still want to do that, but it'd be weird going to a movie debut of FF or whatever and doing that. Esp since I don't drink anymore.

I still chuckle at the time Seth Rollins got bonked with a fan's MITB case. Because that fuckin snitch deserves it.

Anyway, don't rush the wrestlers. They do physical poo poo all the time, you do not. And the security guards are all bluelivespilled weirdos that absolutely want to curbstomp you.

I was at Bash at the Beach in 1996 and may or may not have thrown trash toward the ring (no way in hell I made it from where we were) and it was awesome at the time. Bottlegate 1+2 in Cleveland were probably where I turned since they put up the field goal nets and people kept getting loaded trays of nachos hit them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

since we're talking about this hosed up moron from hell who is one of the most hateable people ever i thought it would be a good time to discuss how i compare with them. as you can see it's rather favorable but not entirely!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

karmicknight posted:

I assume you can buy Krave anywhere since it's a general mills product

I like it a lot but it's less of a cereal and more of a snack

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oil! posted:

I was at Bash at the Beach in 1996 and may or may not have thrown trash toward the ring (no way in hell I made it from where we were) and it was awesome at the time. Bottlegate 1+2 in Cleveland were probably where I turned since they put up the field goal nets and people kept getting loaded trays of nachos hit them.

more than one Indianapolis Ice game has been delayed due to beer cups thrown on the ice.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

since we're talking about this hosed up moron from hell who is one of the most hateable people ever i thought it would be a good time to discuss how i compare with them. as you can see it's rather favorable but not entirely!

lmao

that freak should be on a watchlist cause he's probably gonna hurt somebody

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Le Saboteur posted:

Well I'm more talking about people with delusions like this guy who think they are part of the business, part of storylines, in relationship with the wrestlers.

I am in a storyline with Cody Rhodes, though. Everyone thinks he should put me over but he refuses to job

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
jabronie rear end marks working themselves into a shoot restraining order

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

F4Wonline posted:

Malakai Black took to his wife Thea Trinidad's Twitch channel on Thursday to discuss his AEW debut, offering details on his ideas for his character, ring music and future plans.

Black said that only a handful of people knew that he was set to debut at the Road Rager episode of Dynamite, a fact only made possible due to a WWE clerical error that left him free to sign with another company.

"Once I found out that my contract was a tad different than the usual, I just came up with this idea," said Black. "We made it a thing to make it available to as limited people as possible because that's how you keep it under wraps. Security, Cody Rhodes, and a few others. It may have been five or six total people."

"It was all very last second. I feel like, in modern day wrestling, there are few moments to make a genuine surprise and get people to look your way. For me to sneak in, not be seen, dip and dive so they wouldn't see me, that took some skill."

Black said that his creative vision for his character involves playing a heel, an idea he had wanted to use since debuting in NXT. He said that Triple H envisioned him as a babyface in NXT, so the character was shelved. Black said that he has new entrance music and ring gear set to debut as well.

Regarding the blackouts that teased his eventual debut during Road Rager, Black said that they were his idea.

"I pitched that idea and said, 'What if we do multiple blackouts throughout the show and insinuated the technical difficulties?' Commentary did a great job getting that over and it came off great," said Black.

"It feels good where I'm in a place where my creative mind can be utilized instead of stopped and controlled and knowing that things weren't going to work."

Black stated that his decision to go to AEW was made for a combination of reasons, and that his debut was one of the highlights of his career.

"It was the right move for me to make for me, my family, my career, the state of mind I'm in. It's just a really good company. I can't say enough good things about it. They have a bright future."

"Last night was top three one of my favorite moments of my career... It was the cumulation of months and months and months and having this big payoff was worth the pain, chaos, and perseverance," said Black.

Black also spoke of AEW owner Tony Khan in glowing terms in response to a fan question on the Twitch stream.

"My first impression of Tony is great. What a f---ing wonderful dude. Really nice guy. Loves his company, loves wrestling."

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also can I just point out that pathetic-rear end tweet from Russo the guy was responding to?

It's almost sad that Cornette and Russo hate each other so much considering they're basically the same person with the same garbage takes but with different accents at this point.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

xbilkis posted:

I am in a storyline with Cody Rhodes, though. Everyone thinks he should put me over but he refuses to job

you're still a jobber though so cody definitely should go over in that one

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

It's Kellogg not general Mills who are located here, so I think it must be at least regional if not national!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I never followed Malakai much. He happened to be tagging with Ricochet when I got back into WWE for a like half year (must've been the royal rumble into the wrestlemania that had "Kofimania", and then the time after pushed me away and into AEW starting) but I really liked what I saw from him. With that said, how the gently caress did he never play a heel?? He's got the striker moveset to back it up and his character so ready to be a heel anyway.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I can't believe this motherfucker is ACTUALLY going to do director's commentary after his every appearance.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's Kellogg not general Mills who are located here, so I think it must be at least regional if not national!

That makes more sense!

Drakkel posted:

Also can I just point out that pathetic-rear end tweet from Russo the guy was responding to?

Actually I would prefer you don't, or just take it to the cornette quarantine thread tbqh.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

karmicknight posted:

I can't believe this motherfucker is ACTUALLY going to do director's commentary after his every appearance.

hes such a fuckin dork

him and cody will be perfect together, i'm so excited

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drakkel posted:

It's almost sad that Cornette and Russo hate each other so much considering they're basically the same person with the same garbage takes but with different accents at this point.

That's probably why they hate each other, too much alike in all the ways they would prefer to not be reminded of. Both obstinate men who think their version of wrestling is the correct one, both blackballed unofficially, both middle aged white guys who think woke poo poo is dumb.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Last word on Krave cereal: the cookie dough version specifically is the best. Don't get the double chocolate, it's way too much.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Honestly, as Sammy's Vlog and BTE have further and further evolved into longterm storytelling comedies that happen to take place backstage, I think there's a strong need for a Malakai Vlog where he just talks about the minutia of whatever he's doing.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'm glad Tommy End is happy :)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MorningMoon posted:

I never followed Malakai much. He happened to be tagging with Ricochet when I got back into WWE for a like half year (must've been the royal rumble into the wrestlemania that had "Kofimania", and then the time after pushed me away and into AEW starting) but I really liked what I saw from him. With that said, how the gently caress did he never play a heel?? He's got the striker moveset to back it up and his character so ready to be a heel anyway.

He was just about to start his heel run, and then was released out of nowhere.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MorningMoon posted:

Honestly, as Sammy's Vlog and BTE have further and further evolved into longterm storytelling comedies that happen to take place backstage, I think there's a strong need for a Malakai Vlog where he just talks about the minutia of whatever he's doing.

yeah he needs to quit stream squatting.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm so glad Rosita's dead twitch channel is being used for such a public good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chuckling at HHH defaulting to “spooky metal satan guy is a natural face”. Wonder what he thinks a natural heel is? Lemme go check out NXT’s newest heel stable...

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chuckling at HHH defaulting to “spooky metal satan guy is a natural face”. Wonder what he thinks a natural heel is? Lemme go check out NXT’s newest heel stable...

oh god it's the new swerve stable, isn't it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chuckling at HHH defaulting to “spooky metal satan guy is a natural face”.

This is one of the only things he's right about.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tiny paul voice: black people are sc-sc--sc-scwary

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

coconono posted:

tiny paul voice: black people are sc-sc--sc-scwary

Now come on, be fair. There's also asian people doing endless 1950s inscrutable backstabber gimmicks.

(Yes I am still legit upset that they took Kairi Sane, an insanely over face, and made her into a stereotypical cowardly backstabber, like Vince still working through some bizarre loving Pearl Harbor trauma)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now come on, be fair. There's also asian people doing endless 1950s inscrutable backstabber gimmicks.

and kicks.