Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Bugsy posted:

Let me guess, most likely WLS or maybe WGN?

WBBM 780am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Still Piss Kink Proud.

Do they do sparkling piss?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Still Piss Kink Proud.

Do they do sparkling piss?

Sparkling piss is more commonly known as Bud Light.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Len posted:

i work with someone that's around 40 (+/- a year or two) and she won't shop anywhere that doesn't take checks

as of mid-last year she still didn't have a debit card. she was going on vacation in 2019 when she first got together with her current boyfriend and was in a panic about "how will i pay the bills that are due while i'm gone?!" because she refused to enter 1985

Fixed.

My sister is super weird about technology. Won't use certain apps because "they steal your information" while simultaneously having a TikTok. Complains about security things all the time - won't use a password manager or 2FA on anything.

Efforts to talk her out of this dumbness have fallen on deaf ears.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
https://twitter.com/fidlumbenz/status/1413226889796259847?s=21

cool

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The People Who Do Studies. They did one.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Baron von Eevl posted:

Gonna use that when people tell me to cite my sources

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Baron von Eevl posted:

At the University of My rear end

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

AlbieQuirky posted:

At the University of My rear end

Florida State?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh it's the same? Absolutely the same? Interesting!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Max_G_Banks/status/1413300211695329283?s=19

Actually vegetarians are more oppressed than minorities, you will see...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love how people think catching a bit of flak for a choice they freely made is the same as living your entier existence under the weight of systemic racism.

"huh, I got a ticket for parking in a tow-away zone. So this is what discrimination feels like"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Some government seeks to ensure that, I guess. Lots of other government seeks the opposite! Seems like being a visible minority actually sucks since people in power are openly slapfighting over your human rights!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Like, I've had people be an rear end to me because I was an atheist, but I don't get worse home loans and shittier deals on cars, and it's never come up in a job interview and I've never been assaulted by a stranger just for walking down the street because of it.

Also race/ethnicity/minority based quotas for hiring have never, ever been a thing under the EEOA, they were sometimes a thing before the civil rights act but it was more of a "we're trying to expand our business with the black community (not actually the words the guy would use), so you can hire exactly one" (sub Jewish, Asian, Women, etc. as appropriate, though again, not they wouldn't use those exact words).

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 17:23 on Jul 9, 2021

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I know that most minorites get denied jobs or housing or lending or some other very basic human rights, and that's bad. But sometimes vegan options aren't available or aren't clearly marked on restaurant menus, and that's also bad. And if they're both bad, they must be equally bad.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

:same: Dentists always tell me I grind my teeth but I tell them it's because of all the lemons

They chuckle and shake their heads and tell me about night guards but I tell them NO I'M SERIOUS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY LEMONS

recovering alcoholism, bulimia, and an addiction to doctor pepper with lemon, and ketchup. DENTISTS HATE ME :(

Antigravitas posted:

That's indeed a bit weird. You totally can deduct money from someone's account using SEPA, but you need to be accredited and you need to have written permission, and if you don't, well…you committed a criminal offence that leaves a really obvious paper trail against someone who can chargeback months after the fact.

yeah people that freak about this seem to exclusively be people who don't actually bank in the US.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Jul 9, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SpacePig posted:

I know that most minorites get denied jobs or housing or lending or some other very basic human rights, and that's bad. But sometimes vegan options aren't available or aren't clearly marked on restaurant menus, and that's also bad. And if they're both bad, they must be equally bad.

Not having vegetarian options isn't even on the same level as not having halal or kosher options, as those cut out actual minorities, and I have never heard anyone claim that a lack of those options in a Chinese food place is any kind of bad, why should there be an expectation for vegetarians?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Skwirl posted:

Like, I've had people be an rear end to me because I was an atheist, but I don't get worse home loans and shittier deals on cars, and it's never come up in a job interview and I've never been assaulted by a stranger just for walking down the street because of it.
I grew up in Alabama (which is HEAVILY protestant Christian) during the 90s/2000s; I've always been agnostic. Sure, people can/could be irritating about it, but I never felt, like, unsafe or oppressed or anything...at most you had to deal with shutting down someone desperately trying to invite you to their church so they can get their Conversion Points on their holy stampcard or whatever.

After I moved to California, I had an ex who was the epitome of "high school rear end in a top hat atheist", including thinking that being an atheist made him oppressed. I laughed at that, asking what traumatizing experience he could possible have had in California, seeing as how I came from the Bible Belt and didn't feel this way. I know he didn't go to Catholic school (apparently they CAN be dicks, particularly about left-handedness), so what happened? Turns out "When my sister-in-law visits, she tries to convert me sometimes and then gets frustrated, cries, and storms out of the room. It's annoying". Wow! The trauma!

He also did the super-fun "Agnostics are just fence-sitting atheists" thing on me, so you can see why that relationship didn't last. :D

Skwirl posted:

Also race/ethnicity/minority based quotas for hiring have never, ever been a thing under the EEOA, they were sometimes a thing before the civil rights act but it was more of a "we're trying to expand our business with the black community (not actually the words the guy would use), so you can hire exactly one" (sub Jewish, Asian, Women, etc. as appropriate, though again, not they wouldn't use those exact words).

Mad Men had an episode/subplot about this.

Edit: as an apology for rambling, here's some minor content. Wendy Williams was an insensitive rear end, yet again, this time involving a Tiktok kid who was murdered. This tweet had me rolling.
https://twitter.com/mikescollins/status/1413332730159509505

The clip itself:
https://twitter.com/AlexTMcNair/status/1412945070802841607

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Jul 9, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, the only time I've experienced anything that could even be construed as flak for being an atheist/agnostic is when I was an edgelordy teenager at summer camp and I kept poking the deeply religious kid, and we got in a fist fight because of it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

RFC2324 posted:

Not having vegetarian options isn't even on the same level as not having halal or kosher options, as those cut out actual minorities, and I have never heard anyone claim that a lack of those options in a Chinese food place is any kind of bad, why should there be an expectation for vegetarians?

It's nice to try to accommodate and also its a restaurant so you want money from everyone. Just bad business to not have a beet sandwich option imo.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

recovering alcoholism, bulimia, and an addiction to doctor pepper with lemon, and ketchup. DENTISTS HATE ME :(

yeah people that freak about this seem to exclusively be people who don't actually bank in the US.

Hate you? Are you kidding? You've probably bought your dentist a vacation cabin.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah, the only time I've experienced anything that could even be construed as flak for being an atheist/agnostic is when I was an edgelordy teenager at summer camp and I kept poking the deeply religious kid, and we got in a fist fight because of it.

I had a boss ask me when we were closing a store on Saturday night what my plans were for the next day, and when I said we were going to try going down the shore she was kind of shocked and said something like "you're not going to church?" She was always a real rear end in a top hat to me after that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Read After Burning posted:

After I moved to California, I had an ex who was the epitome of "high school rear end in a top hat atheist", including thinking that being an atheist made him oppressed. I laughed at that, asking what traumatizing experience he could possible have had in California, seeing as how I came from the Bible Belt and didn't feel this way. I know he didn't go to Catholic school (apparently they CAN be dicks, particularly about left-handedness), so what happened? Turns out "When my sister-in-law visits, she tries to convert me sometimes and then gets frustrated, cries, and storms out of the room. It's annoying". Wow! The trauma!

He also did the super-fun "Agnostics are just fence-sitting atheists" thing on me, so you can see why that relationship didn't last. :D

Oh that poo poo is annoying, I knew someone who specifically referred to themselves as a nontheist instead of atheist to differentiate themselves from people like that, but that just seems like an extra step of explaining things on the rare occasions it comes up. On the incredibly rare occasions (as an adult just a few times when both of us were drunk or stoned at a party) it comes up and someone wants to talk about it with me I just go with "we're actually both Atheists, I just believe in one less god than you." Because I live in America, so it's only ever Christians who want to actively convert people (and a very small amount of Atheists), no idea how I would deal with someone of the Hindu faith trying to do that, but I also doubt it will ever come up in my lifetime.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RFC2324 posted:

See? It's an existing problem for minority groups already, and since its a shared problem, that means they're also oppressed!

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Edit: as an apology for rambling, here's some minor content. Wendy Williams was an insensitive rear end, yet again, this time involving a Tiktok kid who was murdered. This tweet had me rolling.
https://twitter.com/mikescollins/status/1413332730159509505

The clip itself:
https://twitter.com/AlexTMcNair/status/1412945070802841607

Holy poo poo, that is absolutely horrendous. I know WW can't ever stop saying the worst thing, but the way she drags the audience and everyone else into it is entrapment. It's clear she imagined him as some sort of competitor, I can't see any reason to introduce him like that for any other reason.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Holy poo poo, that is absolutely horrendous. I know WW can't ever stop saying the worst thing, but the way she drags the audience and everyone else into it is entrapment. It's clear she imagined him as some sort of competitor, I can't see any reason to introduce him like that for any other reason.

The way she looks his photo up and down before dropping the fact that he was murdered REALLY rubbed me the wrong way, and I can't put my finger on why. And of course the focus on follower count, which is just the beginning of some dystopian nightmare.

I enjoyed this one:
https://twitter.com/obrienjohnjack/status/1413340396495642629

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who the gently caress is Wendy Williams?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

she's on the tv

how she got there and how she stays there I don't know

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

She killed jfk. Try and keep up.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cocaine Bear posted:

She killed jfk. Try and keep up.

Wendy Williams is Ted Cruz’s father? Big if true.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jeb!, GW, and Ted are siblings??

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Just become a Sun worshiper and all your theological problems are solved.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Byzantine posted:

Just become a Sun worshiper and all your theological problems are solved.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Who the gently caress is Wendy Williams?

Assuming you're being sincere and are blessed enough to not know about that human trash, this sums it up:

Wikipedia posted:

Prior to television, Williams was a radio DJ and host and quickly became known in New York as a shock jockette. She gained notoriety for her on-air spats with celebrities and was the subject of the 2006 VH1 reality television series The Wendy Williams Experience, which broadcast events surrounding her radio show.

She's had a lot of controversies, here are some highlights:

Wikipedia posted:

Media outlets have described Williams' 2003 interview with Whitney Houston as her most infamous. After Williams asked Houston about her marriage and breast implants, they began a shouting match and Houston said she would have fought Williams if she were younger.

Wikipedia posted:

Wu-Tang Clan performer Method Man had a personal and publicized conflict with Williams in 2006 after she revealed details about his wife's cancer diagnosis.

Wikipedia posted:

Williams was accused of victim blaming singer Kesha in 2016 after questioning why she did not film the alleged sexual abuse by record producer Dr. Luke against her. Williams later apologized for the remarks and explained "unfortunately a lot of people lie about rape so I was just being skeptical".

Wikipedia posted:

Actress Alyssa Milano criticized Williams' mentality regarding public breastfeeding after she said it made her uncomfortable because breasts are "more sexual than a feeding thing"

Wikipedia posted:

In one episode of her show, after stating that trans woman can never be assigned women, she told her audience, "Stop wearing our skirts and our heels!" After explicitly stating that to be a woman, one has to menstruate, she apologized for her remarks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Assuming you're being sincere and are blessed enough to not know about that human trash, this sums it up:

I was entirely sincere. Also, :yikeseroo:

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Jul 9, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:catstare:

:commissar:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She seems like a real charmer.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

quote:

In one episode of her show, after stating that trans woman can never be assigned women, she told her audience, "Stop wearing our skirts and our heels!" After explicitly stating that to be a woman, one has to menstruate, she apologized for her remarks.

:thunk:

Hello Mr. Wendy Williams, welcome to manhood!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I just remember her from a clip on twitter where she was either high as a kite or having a stroke live on air (maybe both).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

All I know about her is that reddit doesn't like her. But with them it's always a toss up between the person being actually bad or just mysogny.