Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

coconono posted:

and kicks.

As long as they're not slapping their legs while doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

As long as they're not slapping their legs while doing it.

I think Mercedes Martinez would have appreciated the warning.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is one of the only things he's right about.

I want to see a character like that do some despicable stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope post-pandemic dark is still basically the TAZ and Ex podcast because Heel Malakai means TAZ likes him, means we get TAZ's loving opinions on dark poetry and metal.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ex and the McElroy brothers is going to be AEW Dark: Factory.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This is why Ministry of Darkness Undertaker is best Undertaker. He was sacrificing motherfuckers and what not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Unrealistic. Satanists are just metal head stoners. All heels should be super religious right wingers just like in real life.

Le Saboteur posted:

This is why Ministry of Darkness Undertaker is best Undertaker. He was sacrificing motherfuckers and what not.

The ministry of Darkness did nothing wrong until they joined with the corporation. Then they were good heels, per my previous point, minus the religious part.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Unrealistic. Satanists are just metal head stoners. All heels should be super religious right wingers just like in real life.

The ministry of Darkness did nothing wrong until they joined with the corporation. Then they were good heels, per my previous point, minus the religious part.

This kick rear end theme made me love the Undertaker and anything he did in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZJrCZzJdYM

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dark order needs their own YouTube show, malakai needs his own vlog

Get on it, bbt/two paychecks cutler

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now come on, be fair. There's also asian people doing endless 1950s inscrutable backstabber gimmicks.

(Yes I am still legit upset that they took Kairi Sane, an insanely over face, and made her into a stereotypical cowardly backstabber, like Vince still working through some bizarre loving Pearl Harbor trauma)

im personally conflicted on kairi sane bc her outfits and makeup as a heel were like, off-the-wall totally incredible, just 10/10 looks every single week

i am a bitch of aesthetics, especially in wrestling, and heel kairi sane really brought it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kairi could rock denim overalls and it'd be smokin. That's her secondary superpower.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh for sure, and I'm not saying Kairi needed to stay a face. She could have been a fun heel, but instead she got turned into a stereotype because Vince literally can't understand any other characters for Asian people (not just Japanese people, any Asians).

(like basically imagine a bald guy stroking a very long fu manchu moustache with an inscrutable expression while also secretly holding a poisoned dagger behind his back, and that's all Asian characters if you ask Vince)

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 9, 2021

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
the problem with making your black metal guy a heel is when those dudes break bad it’s usually in a very specific way that you might not want on your show! just saying I wouldn’t want to be his tag team “bandmate”

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh for sure, and I'm not saying Kairi needed to stay a face. She could have been a fun heel, but instead she got turned into a stereotype because Vince literally can't understand any other characters for Asian people (not just Japanese people, any Asians).

i will not comment on the actual content of her heel character at all bc i have not watched the show in years (why would i watch the show, paul)

but yea nah that sounds about par for the course for wwe and yea... nakamura getting basically the same treatment a few years back and that terrible feud with aj was pretty much my last straw a few years ago.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I'm so glad Rosita's dead twitch channel is being used for such a public good.

Imagine what he's using her OnlyFans for!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

the increasingly detailed storyboards, the character sketches. The LORE.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am not All Out, im instead All Sad.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dango Bango posted:

His main roster run was Only Plans

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i am not All Out, im instead All Sad.

:smith::hf::smith:

I might keep an eye on the secondary market but the prices are insulting and getting to the arena is a nightmare so maybe I'll just watch at home and sulk about it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tommy Milkers posted:

"It was all very last second. I feel like, in modern day wrestling, there are few moments to make a genuine surprise and get people to look your way. For me to sneak in, not be seen, dip and dive so they wouldn't see me, that took some skill."

At first I was thinking Warlock, but this reads more like an Arcane Trickster Rogue to me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

At first I was thinking Warlock, but this reads more like an Arcane Trickster Rogue to me.

I hope Tommy starts playing D&D with the AEW roster and his character in the game is just his character on screen

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's Kellogg not general Mills who are located here, so I think it must be at least regional if not national!

This is backwards. GMs hq is off 394 on General Mills avenue or some poo poo in like GV.

Ex is the most important talent in the company and the Mexicans are the best dressed by a country mile.

Give the goblins their gold

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Deathlove posted:

oh god it's the new swerve stable, isn't it

it is !

also it sucks thomas is losing his old theme cuz it loving whipped and had the only good live band intro ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go-aQxz1lJ4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

also it sucks thomas is losing his old theme cuz it loving whipped and had the only good live band intro ever

excuse me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcJaJy7fjY&t=81s

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

King Of Coons posted:

This is backwards. GMs hq is off 394 on General Mills avenue or some poo poo in like GV.

Ex is the most important talent in the company and the Mexicans are the best dressed by a country mile.

Give the goblins their gold

General Mills is located in Minneapolis (at least the factories but I think corporate too?) and they do not make Krave cereal, so I don't think it's local.

Kellogg isn't based here and do make Krave cereal, so it is at least regional, but probably national.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

no lol

was a hosed up weirdo who invented cereal in an effort to keep kids from masturbating

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Malakai Black v. Miro someday would be hilarious for the promos it would generate. God's chosen boy against a demonic minister.

I am really looking forward to whenever the Big Four recent WWE guys in Miro/PAC/Andrade/Black actually bump into each other in AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

no lol

was a hosed up weirdo who invented cereal in an effort to keep kids from masturbating

I demand a history lesson from you this instant

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was pretty clever of Miro to wait until after he beat Lance Archer to start with the god talk. Since Lance is stupid into Jesus.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/32042/corn-flakes-were-invented-part-anti-masturbation-crusade

e: goddamn this dude was a dipshit.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

coconono posted:

it was pretty clever of Miro to wait until after he beat Lance Archer to start with the god talk. Since Lance is stupid into Jesus.

that's a good catch

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shard posted:

Listen to the Behind the Bastards on John Harvey Kellogg

VVV it's called The Road to Wellville

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 9, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They made a movie about this in the 90s but I never saw it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Harvey Kellog and the railing jumper on the same level of stupid.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shard posted:

The Dollop did a great episode on him
https://youtu.be/tGkgnooYBmA

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He was also really into enemas, right? Or was that another crazy capitalist weirdo?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Vince MechMahon posted:

He was also really into enemas, right? Or was that another crazy capitalist weirdo?

Nope, same one. He was loving horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
glad we could introduce another into the lore of the cereal