Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Malefitz posted:

On another note, did the performance for anyone else turn to poo poo in this patch? I have constant stutters even though I didn't change any settings. I even died once to a stutter and I'm sure it will happen again with the amount of stuttering going on. Game turns to a slideshow for a few seconds sometimes. Never had this problem before.

Yes, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009
Speaking of stutter, does anyone have an issue where the game will hardcore stutter and then crash? The exciting part is that my computer restarts as part of the crash. I don't have any other issues with like a BSOD or whatnot, it's just stutter stutter stutter, screen freeze, black screen as the computer reboots. It started happening about halfway through the last wipe and I was hoping it would be fixed as part of this wipe but it hasn't.

The computer specs definitely aren't an issue and I don't have random reboots while doing other stuff or in other games.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Same here, having some stutters constantly that last about half a second even with everything pretty much turned to lowest possible setting. No idea yet what might be causing it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

might be the pscav spawn stutter returning

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats what ive been blaming it on anyway

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Those crashes sound messed up, that sucks. I'm glad that's not happening to me, all I get is that thing where the game hangs for 3-5 mins after every raid. which, when you die to a stiff breeze like i do, really adds up.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i hear more ram fixes stutters

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Hooplah posted:

Those crashes sound messed up, that sucks. I'm glad that's not happening to me, all I get is that thing where the game hangs for 3-5 mins after every raid. which, when you die to a stiff breeze like i do, really adds up.

I think this is network/router related, if you're using some ISP 'rental' modem/router combo device it's probably the culprit. I play with a group of friends and the only one with a Comcast modem/router always complains about this and takes like 3 mins longer than us to get back to the main menu despite having a better PC than everyone else.

It seems like it's trying to load your profile data when the spinning load icon is at the bottom right.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I haven’t had stuttering but the netcode/my terrible internet is giving me even more issues than last wipe.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I have:

2080 standard
32 gigs of ram

This is the best performance I’ve had. Running 3440x1080 medium setting getting 70-90 FPS

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

rap music posted:

i have had more than one run with multiple flash drives by hitting safes and filing cabinets
I've gotten 2 flash drives in filing cabinets already this wipe and I've basically been playing just one day

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I don't have any stutters, the game runs great for me. However, I used to get crashes that would lock my whole pc up. My solution was joining the windows insider program and upgrading from Windows 10 version 2004 to whatever beta they have.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

it's insanely goddamn obnoxious that the jaeger mission for placing rations and water in the woods bunkers are separate actions for each item

unless i'm the only one that found out after the fact

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Lol this game is 99% rats right now. Can't remember the last time I died to someone who pushed me and wasn't just in a bush/dark corner

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I think this is network/router related, if you're using some ISP 'rental' modem/router combo device it's probably the culprit. I play with a group of friends and the only one with a Comcast modem/router always complains about this and takes like 3 mins longer than us to get back to the main menu despite having a better PC than everyone else.

It seems like it's trying to load your profile data when the spinning load icon is at the bottom right.

Well poo poo, I sure do have one of those combo things. any network config changes i can do that could help?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I remember having issues when I first started and googling revealed that I needed to open some ports that Tarkov uses. You could try that, but I obviously can't guarantee anything and it could do absolutely nothing. Just Google "Tarkov Open Ports" or some poo poo and see what you find.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Lol this game is 99% rats right now. Can't remember the last time I died to someone who pushed me and wasn't just in a bush/dark corner

yeah it owns

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

still havent encountered a friendly player scav. every one i've run into has attacked me on sight. karma system doesn't seem to have affected that much. is it really just that easy to keep your rep high enough to not care about the penalty? this sucks. i'm also not sure how i'm supposed to be building scav rep as a scav. i killed one pmc but it didn't do anything. i had also just killed a friendly scav on accident a couple mins before that, would that cause the blanking of future positive rep gains? also is that really the only repeatable way to raise it? i know you can take the car exits, but those are only good for a few hits each

i keep loading into maps with like 10 mins left, so i'm not sure how i'm supposed to be capitalizing on scav runs. pmcs are almost always long gone by then. it seems pretty counterintuitive that the best way to raise scav karma is apparently to load in as a pmc with some roubles and take a car out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive onl had 1 pscav attack mine, i just always hit voice lines at people and they seem to leave me alone

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

maybe it's because i'm on customs but i've been killed by scavs like 4 scav runs in a row tonight

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

This is what happens when you gun randomly jams every raid

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

You know they have really nice poo poo in their backpack right?

Except you literally dont, sometimes they do and sometimes its a bunch of screws and lightbulbs.

Just dont come back complaining when you cant use scavs for several hours or the car costs 100k rubles

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Is it normal to not enjoy playing in a group in this game?

I’ve not played for a year and reinstalled I’ve had a ton of fun having a terrible gun, no armour, and just trying to get from one end to the other to make a tiny profit. But when I play with a group we end up against players and at points way too advanced for me like Dorms on Customs and I get one shorted.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Captain Gordon posted:

This is what happens when you gun randomly jams every raid

not seen a jam yet lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

willie_dee posted:

I’ve not played for a year and reinstalled I’ve had a ton of fun having a terrible gun, no armour, and just trying to get from one end to the other to make a tiny profit. But when I play with a group we end up against players and at points way too advanced for me like Dorms on Customs and I get one shorted.

yeah it s fine and normal. i much prefer it solo too

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I also prefer it solo. I get to play in a style that suits me and what i'm good at in the game.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

willie_dee posted:

I'd say its normal - I enjoy groups and solos, but for different reasons.

You definetly see more PvP in a group though.

Strayer
May 19, 2006

Stux posted:

not seen a jam yet lol

The one time I've had a stoppage in a fight so far was with a brand new 590 that seized up ten shells in. 😑 Wasn't even anything fancy, just 6.5mm express.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

meanwhilel i keep running garbage 50 dura adars that i hate and they refuse to show me a single malfunction

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Stux posted:

meanwhilel i keep running garbage 50 dura adars that i hate and they refuse to show me a single malfunction

adars are at least easy to restore isn't it? since you can buy a fresh receiver from jaegar for just 7k

Orv
May 4, 2011
I had my first jam on my first PMC raid, firing at a scav at military checkpoint on Customs, bang bang bang click which was moderately terrifying and I haven't had one since.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

adars are at least easy to restore isn't it? since you can buy a fresh receiver from jaegar for just 7k

i hate the adar and im trying to lose them

Orv
May 4, 2011

Stux posted:

i hate the adar and im trying to lose them

What the fuuuuuuuuck

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Should I just buy the scav junkbox? I almost have enough money for it and struggling to have space since I'm just collecting random things to keep for the hideout. I'm like level 6.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

poe meater posted:

Should I just buy the scav junkbox? I almost have enough money for it and struggling to have space since I'm just collecting random things to keep for the hideout. I'm like level 6.
Yes, absolutely. Lucky Scav Junkbox is immensely helpful.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Gordon posted:

Just dont come back complaining when you cant use scavs for several hours or the car costs 100k rubles

If only there were something you could do every couple of scav runs to get rid of the penalty

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I finally had a jam in combat and it wasn’t too bad. The animation clears it much quicker than I was expecting

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I also prefer to play solo so I can move stealthily and stalk my prey

Every time I see a duo they are frantically sprinting/stomping around racing each other to loot

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Oh also a good way to get some scav karma is by running towards gunfire late in a raid. Chances are it’s scav on scav violence and you can easily blow the victor’s brains out while he rummages through their stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

If only there were something you could do every couple of scav runs to get rid of the penalty

The returns from car extracts diminish every time you take one and you cant replenish them. They dont reset either.