Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I mean, he was granted amnesty and is now a protected goon poo poo posting in the EVE thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I stand by it. Take that as you will.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
never not post

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
goonswarm is full of pubbies, i'm sure he'll fit right in

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ad by Khad posted:

Space Dad said he didn't want Waffe getting any bigger, so we're making Waffe bigger.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The benevolent mods have come through

Ad by Khad posted:

Turn off [...] you are monitor :twisted:

e: no wait, turn it on. poo poo. Alright never mind

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 23, 2021

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
actual question, is AoC happening or another KS scam?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Just further proof that EVE goons are the lowest tier of goons. They need their own containment zone.

Biowarfare posted:

If this was the one with the Battle Royal (all these Kickstarter MMOs have the same boring names so I don't remember), yeah, probably. It was the only one that really demonstrated capacity to actually run a couple of hundred players concurrently, but it's still going to be pretty lovely because it's main design concept (progressive area nodes) is basically completely pointless.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Biowarfare posted:

it's gone from being an utter joke run by a MLM con-man to still the exact same thing except there are plenty of people excited about the updates they put out for it. major guilds in other similar mmos are currently named "Ashes of Creation Waiting Room" and the hype train has become much stronger than it has any right to be.

they will be brutally disappointed again and they will deserve every bit of it, but they can't stop getting hyped up for dumb poo poo

Phlegmish posted:

The benevolent mods have come through

Turn off [...] you are monitor :twisted:

e: no wait, turn it on. poo poo. Alright never mind

phlegmish, you're alright

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

SweetBro posted:

Just further proof that EVE goons are the lowest tier of goons. They need their own containment zone.

This is pretty funny if you aren't familiar with where EVE goons are right now.

(They've been in a super long war for almost exactly a year now and are "contained" to one constellation. i.e., they can't be uprooted but also can't push out because they are super outnumbered)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

We need just a few more nerds to start pushing out

Join now and write GAMING HISTORY

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

run by a MLM con-man
He really is a sleeze bag. It's disappointing that that's what it takes to actually launch one of these KS MMOs.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
good thing this game is never coming out lmao

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I am thankful for the 'existence' of this game as I think this is the one that finally broke me of my habit of early access games. Positive outcome for me. Probably not so good for the game itself or anyone that invested in it though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There is an alpha one preview weekend that starts today. It looks like the NDA will be lifted and people will be allowed to stream it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Asmongold had the main guy (Sharif) on his podcast/stream yesterday and they talked about it. Chat was just spamming $500 all stream and at one point he was talking about making the game affordable in some way for everyone to follow, which is hilarious when you know what the game costs and the dude is sitting in the living room of his mansion.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

FFXIV is barely an mmo, some laggy bozja fights don’t change that

It's a single player game with other people in it.

ShowTime posted:

Asmongold had the main guy (Sharif) on his podcast/stream yesterday and they talked about it. Chat was just spamming $500 all stream and at one point he was talking about making the game affordable in some way for everyone to follow, which is hilarious when you know what the game costs and the dude is sitting in the living room of his mansion.

There's a Warhammer Return of Reckoning streamer who I'll put on sometimes and he spent the money to get in. I thought that was insane until a goon last page confessed to giving 1400 to loving Star Citizen.

My brother sent me a text about this (he was an EQ hardcore raider back in the day) and I didn't have heart to tell him it's never coming out.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 9, 2021

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

What's MLM mean in 'MLM conman?' And yeah 500 bucks for a alpha key is uhh.. really dumb, and yeah like another goon said when the dude is chilling in his mansion and drinking water from a wine glass, but whatever I really don't know much about this guy.

Classes seem really loving cool, I'm excited about anything that would let me be a necromancer in some form inside a MMO setting. I guess I'll see how things go when these servers go up and Asmon starts playing it in a few hours.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MLM is multilevel marketing aka a pyramid scheme. Something like Herbalife.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

There is an alpha one preview weekend that starts today. It looks like the NDA will be lifted and people will be allowed to stream it.

Yea, they already started. Well, they've announced it. A couple big streamers are playing it today.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Was Alpha 1 always 500 bucks? My understanding it was on some packages early on in the kickstarter and it was just added to some recent shop items. I was debating buying one for alpha 2 but didn't want to drop 150 bucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Streamers are in now. Just watched a guy get stuck at a starting quest NPC because so many people were standing around him and there is player collision :discourse:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Asmons chat literally cannot go 1 scroll through without someone mentioning 500, somewhere. I get that his chat is the lowest of the low when it comes to intelligence but god drat is it getting annoying.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Twitch chat is cancer.

Gimme the hot goon deets from you whales ITT

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ShowTime posted:

1 scroll through without someone mentioning 500, somewhere.

What is “500?” Is it like “over 9000!” or something? I don’t follow Asmon or the “Asmon reacts to” videos on YouTube, but I know who that is.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

DerekSmartymans posted:

What is “500?” Is it like “over 9000!” or something? I don’t follow Asmon or the “Asmon reacts to” videos on YouTube, but I know who that is.

This alpha invite was only given to people who spent 500 dollars as a preorder. I'm sure Asmon + other streamers got it for free, since it's free promotion.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

DerekSmartymans posted:

It's because people think the game is $500. Yes, you have to pay $500 to participate in the alpha (or be a streamer I guess) but you also get a year of game time and $150 in-game shop money, plus all the other stuff. Chat just sees the game as $500.

$500 is just too much to me to commit too, unfortunately. I'd hate to spend the $500 and play for 3 months.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can’t seem to log in on their website. In fact, the buttons and fields on the log in page aren’t reacting to input at all.

e: I think it is just iOS fuckery

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 9, 2021

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Game does have 216k viewers at the moment. Half of that is Asmongold but still, that's pretty good.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

ShowTime posted:

Game does have 216k viewers at the moment. Half of that is Asmongold but still, that's pretty good.

Imagine spending 500 dollars on a alpha key (yes yes and other things for 500) and then just following Asmon around in game and not actually testing stuff.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

All the normal MMO stuff looks pretty good so far. The combat is nice and somewhat flashy, but not confusing. The PvE stuff I've seen is standard newbie quests. I like how big and open the zone appears to be. It takes time to get where you want to go.

Haven't seen any PvP, node system, etc. Everyone seems to be doing newbie stuff at the moment.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I gotcha. Does make sense now, and I wasn’t busting Asmon’s balls, I just personally haven’t watched any of his videos. He’s probably not any worse than Fred or Annoying Orange I had to watch and pretend to enjoy for my then 8y/o son.

Goddamn I hated Fred.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
He isn't all that bad, honestly, but because of the main game he plays (WoW, both versions) he attracts the lowest common denominator of viewers. But his opinions aren't all that bad, he doesn't have annoying mannerism or anything. He's just getting sick of WoW (a lot of people are) so has been trying other MMOs.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ShowTime posted:

It's because people think the game is $500. Yes, you have to pay $500 to participate in the alpha (or be a streamer I guess) but you also get a year of game time and $150 in-game shop money, plus all the other stuff. Chat just sees the game as $500.

$500 is just too much to me to commit too, unfortunately. I'd hate to spend the $500 and play for 3 months.

Almost irrespective of what the $500 gives you, charging it for alpha access feels insanely scummy. People do not actually view that as "We're overcharging for alpha access because we want people who will understand this is under development" (because no one ever does), people view it as $500 for alpha access.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Orv posted:

Almost irrespective of what the $500 gives you, charging it for alpha access feels insanely scummy. People do not actually view that as "We're overcharging for alpha access because we want people who will understand this is under development" (because no one ever does), people view it as $500 for alpha access.

Yeah I don't think anyone thinks the game on release would be 500 they're like you said reacting to how scummy getting early access for such a ridiculous amount is.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also, because it's so controversial and triggers people. For every 10 people screaming about, 1 person is in there defending it, which riles up the others. I think if every person realized the $500 gets you the other things, which might be $500 in value, it wouldn't be said as much. But, we live in a click baity culture.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I open up the stream and see that Asmongold found the city's tax rate to be 100%. Glad to see the game is Communist.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I open up the stream and see that Asmongold found the city's tax rate to be 100%. Glad to see the game is Communist.

lol that was pretty good

Looks like he settled on 20% for now. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the node system is though. What is the incentive to contributing to a node? And what is the long term outlook for nodes? Like is the poopsock crew going to build up each node and then move on to the next one, leaving the other nodes abandoned?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ShowTime posted:

He isn't all that bad, honestly, but because of the main game he plays (WoW, both versions) he attracts the lowest common denominator of viewers. But his opinions aren't all that bad, he doesn't have annoying mannerism or anything. He's just getting sick of WoW (a lot of people are) so has been trying other MMOs.

Asmongold is pretty your average 30 something year old white man gamer. So he is clearly going to rub posters here the wrong way (not saying it isn't warranted). He also call out random people on twitter and while he tells his fans not to harass them...you know how that goes.

This is a good recent example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKDV6zIoNw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
There are a lot of mixed opinions about him in the FF14 thread now that he’s dragged his WoW cultists there.