Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

should I play Xenoblade Chronicles for my New Nintendo 3DS?

definitely. i was actually about to recommend it lol, or 2 if you have a switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

definitely. i was actually about to recommend it lol, or 2 if you have a switch

switch version of xenoblade 1 is very good too

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i bought it around the time it came out and its been sitting in a drawer ever since. chraging my 3ds now

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

just need xenoblade chronicles x for switch, i never picked it up before selling my wii u

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

switch version of xenoblade 1 is awesome, looks great

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i think im gonna go buy the switch version at the STore

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mycophobia posted:

i think im gonna go buy the switch version at the STore

hell yea

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I feel like DekuDeals had Xenoblade on sale somewhere when I looked yesterday. I'd just link it to you but I'm at work.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

I feel like DekuDeals had Xenoblade on sale somewhere when I looked yesterday. I'd just link it to you but I'm at work.

i went to Besty Buy and paid $60 US Dollars

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Well! It's a good, long game and if you don't mind the way it plays you'll definitely get your money out of it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
considering i just paid for the game a second time without having ever played it i have no choice but to like it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

considering i just paid for the game a second time without having ever played it i have no choice but to like it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's a long rear end game. and good, too! enjoy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the further I get into last remnant the less plot there is and the cooler the areas get...really digging it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i keep dying in this cave lol

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The game only gets better with the Heropon!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A stat (STR, INT) is considered significant if it's at least 12% greater than the other one.
A skill group (Weapon Type, Mystic, Item) is considered significant if the sum of all of its skills is higher than the average of the sums of each of the skill groups (including its own and ignoring the wield style group). ie: A skill group is significant if it's greater than (Total Weapon Levels + Total Mystic Skill Levels + Total Item Skill Levels) / 3
An individual skill (i.e. Hexes, Traps, Katana) is considered significant if it's higher than the average of the skills in its group.
An individual skill is considered highest in its group if it's at least as high as the highest one.

The requirements are checked in the order following; if any of them are met the evaluation stops there and the class type is determined, none of the other class types are even looked at. If none of these requirements are met the character cannot change class.

All Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his Strength is significant, Combat Type is picked.
All Mystic classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his Intellect is significant, Mystic Type is picked.
All Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his only significant skill group is Weapons, Combat Type is picked.
All Item classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and Items are among his significant skill groups, Item Type is picked. Unlike the similar Combat and Mystic checks, this does not require both of the other skill groups to be insignificant.
All Mystic classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his only significant skill group is Mystic, Mystic Type is picked.
All Mystic+Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and has 2 significant skill groups with one of them being Mystic, Mystic+Combat Type is picked.
All Item+Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and Items are among his significant skill groups, Item+Combat Type is picked. This is exactly the same requirement as that of the Item type classes.
Finally, classes of the same type as the current one are checked. There are no extra requirements here, if the character qualifies for any, the current Type is picked.
On the X360, either through a bug or deliberate coding, units are not eligible for Mystic+Combat and Item+Combat classes unless they already start in one. So the 6th and 7th checks effectively are skipped.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SaGa ftmfw

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

A stat (STR, INT) is considered significant if it's at least 12% greater than the other one.
A skill group (Weapon Type, Mystic, Item) is considered significant if the sum of all of its skills is higher than the average of the sums of each of the skill groups (including its own and ignoring the wield style group). ie: A skill group is significant if it's greater than (Total Weapon Levels + Total Mystic Skill Levels + Total Item Skill Levels) / 3
An individual skill (i.e. Hexes, Traps, Katana) is considered significant if it's higher than the average of the skills in its group.
An individual skill is considered highest in its group if it's at least as high as the highest one.

The requirements are checked in the order following; if any of them are met the evaluation stops there and the class type is determined, none of the other class types are even looked at. If none of these requirements are met the character cannot change class.

All Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his Strength is significant, Combat Type is picked.
All Mystic classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his Intellect is significant, Mystic Type is picked.
All Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his only significant skill group is Weapons, Combat Type is picked.
All Item classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and Items are among his significant skill groups, Item Type is picked. Unlike the similar Combat and Mystic checks, this does not require both of the other skill groups to be insignificant.
All Mystic classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and his only significant skill group is Mystic, Mystic Type is picked.
All Mystic+Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and has 2 significant skill groups with one of them being Mystic, Mystic+Combat Type is picked.
All Item+Combat classes are checked. If the character qualifies for any, and Items are among his significant skill groups, Item+Combat Type is picked. This is exactly the same requirement as that of the Item type classes.
Finally, classes of the same type as the current one are checked. There are no extra requirements here, if the character qualifies for any, the current Type is picked.
On the X360, either through a bug or deliberate coding, units are not eligible for Mystic+Combat and Item+Combat classes unless they already start in one. So the 6th and 7th checks effectively are skipped.

I’m so excited to play this after I finish DQ11. I love esoteric poo poo like this lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

quote:

either through a bug or deliberate coding

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

COUNT ONE
On or about November 20, 2008, in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan, SQUARE ENIX did knowingly, and with intent to impede the selective algorithm by which character classes are chosen, engage in deliberate coding on the Xbox 360.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

I’m so excited to play this after I finish DQ11. I love esoteric poo poo like this lol

it's awesome bc it's the most obtuse and random stat- and party-wise any of the sagas I've played while you also have functionally no control over the battles. You just pick a target and give a general guidance for the kind of attacks you'd like to do and that's it. It's the most devoted game they've made to the JRPG gambling ethos. It owns. It suffers deeply from the ps3 brown curse though and the cities are super tiny for how cool they look in the preview images on the map.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

COUNT ONE
On or about November 20, 2008, in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan, SQUARE ENIX did knowingly, and with intent to impede the selective algorithm by which character classes are chosen, engage in deliberate coding on the Xbox 360.

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mycophobia posted:

should I play Xenoblade Chronicles for my New Nintendo 3DS?

no play the switch remaster

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

bump_fn posted:

no play the switch remaster

way ahead of you op

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
I beat FF7, the one from 97 on an emulator. It's good, not great. It's like reading a book that barely makes any sense. The Emerald and Ruby Weapons are impossible for me, there's no way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Cheese Thief posted:

I beat FF7, the one from 97 on an emulator. It's good, not great. It's like reading a book that barely makes any sense. The Emerald and Ruby Weapons are impossible for me, there's no way.

Very cool. Thanks cheese theief

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cheese Thief posted:

theres a cool re-translation patch for ff7 on pc idk about the psx versions its cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
maybe not that cool if you already played it recently. alright. smell ya later cheese theif

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cheese Thief posted:

Holy poo poo… where’d my cheese go??

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*checking under foreskin* gah!

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

ew lol

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Following up FF7 with DQ7. I like it so far 9 hours in but I don't know if I can play the 100+ hr long game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
https://twitter.com/SMTPortugal/status/1412683903618404352?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

it's awesome bc it's the most obtuse and random stat- and party-wise any of the sagas I've played while you also have functionally no control over the battles. You just pick a target and give a general guidance for the kind of attacks you'd like to do and that's it. It's the most devoted game they've made to the JRPG gambling ethos. It owns. It suffers deeply from the ps3 brown curse though and the cities are super tiny for how cool they look in the preview images on the map.

You kinda get control if you save up whatever no is called in that game...at least control to do the op attacks lol