Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I don't think the EO is going to change anything. Just like Obama's EO for pay equality across genders. There's still pay discrimination in federal offices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1413567085955923972?s=21

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nine months you say?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pamela Springstein posted:

Nine months you say?

Likely a torn ACL if anything. I seriously doubt she's pregnant or anything like that, because she would be out for much longer than that if so.

Anyways, this sucks for Bayley, especially as they were set to go back on the road starting next weekend.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pamela Springstein posted:

Nine months you say?
If you're trying to imply she's pregnant the WWE would've just said that

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that's the natural assumption, yeah. I used to roller derby and a running joke was getting pregnant was a nine month injury.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

they should just have Bianca win the MITB to save everyone six months of storyline where like Reginald somehow has it and all the women are trying to date him/rough him up in order to steal it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

as dire as the women's division has been lately for WWE it def just got like 50% worse without Bayley for nearly a year

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

If you're trying to imply she's pregnant the WWE would've just said that

"nobody's gonna believe that someone got her pregnant" - Kevin Dunn, probably

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

"nobody's gonna believe that someone got her pregnant" - Kevin Dunn, probably

:magemage:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Charlotte 2 belts incoming

And man that really loving sucks. She was one of the few ray of lights in this poo poo company. Especially how much she worked last year. She was non-stop active.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 9, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
RAW and Smackdown merges the Women's and Tag-Team divisions after the draft. It's still just Charlotte facing the same 3 people and New Day vs Usos.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

RealFoxy posted:

RAW and Smackdown merges the Women's and Tag-Team divisions after the draft. It's still just Charlotte facing the same 3 people and New Day vs Usos.

This. People keep demanding WWE merge the women's divisions as if the end result wouldn't be the exact same poo poo as always. They already have like 200 wrestlers on staff and book like they have 10, what does it matter which color t-shirt they wear?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1413575047034269696?s=21

def getting that penalty IC run.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the (what should be a perfectly valid concern) is that it still won't result in more TV time for the women, and even less titles. Because if they merged the divisions, there would likely only be one champion, and it would likely just be the title being handed around to the same four or five women over and over. Charlotte, Rhea, Becky, Bianca, and Sasha are the only women who matter in WWE's eyes, and would completely dominate the main title scene. And then you have Alexa right below them. No other woman on the main roster gets even remotely close to the level of attention those girls get.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the (what should be a perfectly valid concern) is that it still won't result in more TV time for the women, and even less titles. Because if they merged the divisions, there would likely only be one champion, and it would likely just be the title being handed around to the same four or five women over and over. Charlotte, Rhea, Becky, Bianca, and Sasha are the only women who matter in WWE's eyes, and would completely dominate the main title scene. And then you have Alexa right below them. No other woman on the main roster gets even remotely close to the level of attention those girls get.

I mean... If I was booking the division, I'd end the brand split for the women. You'd merge the main two Raw and Smackdown Women's championship, then you would introduce a clear secondary title that was the equivalent of the Women's Intercontinental Championship. So you have Charlotte, Asuka, Bianca, Bayley, Sasha all going for the main championship, and then the other one is clearly for your people like Liv Morgan, Carmella, Zelina Vega, Eva Marie, etc. Something as a stepping stone for someone to win and then go after the main title down the road.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Astro7x posted:

I mean... If I was booking the division, I'd end the brand split for the women. You'd merge the main two Raw and Smackdown Women's championship, then you would introduce a clear secondary title that was the equivalent of the Women's Intercontinental Championship. So you have Charlotte, Asuka, Bianca, Bayley, Sasha all going for the main championship, and then the other one is clearly for your people like Liv Morgan, Carmella, Zelina Vega, Eva Marie, etc. Something as a stepping stone for someone to win and then go after the main title down the road.

i actually dig this a bunch

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting that the word going around is that Bayley's injury is in fact an ACL tear.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=148597

Astro7x posted:

I think the problem with this (and WWE would absolutely do it) is that they would just put the secondary title on whatever main event level woman they aren't really focusing on at the moment. So lets assume Bianca has the main title. It would absolutely not shock me if Rhea or Charlotte ended up with the secondary title until its their turn with the main title while everyone else ends up shut out of both title scenes.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 9, 2021

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

WWE booking is awful, but doing things like ending the brand split is just going to evaporate the entire midcard because they'll use the same ~15 people involved in the same 5 month endless feuds but over both shows now. They can't even figure out what to do with NXT anymore. Is it developmental? Is it a third brand? They keep going back and forth on that.

Like Darkstar said, if they merge the women's titles it'll just be the same 6 people feuding with each other and those who aren't after the singles title will just end up in the tag-team division.

e: As far as a secondary Women's title goes it'd just suffer the same fate. They wouldn't use it to elevated new talent, they'd just use it for the women at the top who aren't currently feuding for the main title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ideally, any title should have 4 viable contenders at any given time. That way you can have a mini eliminator tournament going for contendership. That's really all the sizzle you need for a title match. Then if you've got more people and slots to fill, thats when you start shooting angles and feuds. WWE seems to think you have to either do an unearned title shot for a midcard belt or the title shot is a prop in a feud. Makes for boring matches.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

They can't even figure out what to do with NXT anymore. Is it developmental? Is it a third brand? They keep going back and forth on that.

the most recent official stance from HHH per the recent takeover media call is that NXT is "like college football"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the most recent official stance from HHH per the recent takeover media call is that NXT is "like college football"
Yeah, true. I remember all the College Football stars refusing to graduate so they didn't have to live in misery in the NFL.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is brock lesnar the wwe champion?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

could alabama beat damian priest

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Diamond Mine ain't played nobody, paaaawwwwwwwllllll

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Part of me wants to see the NFL if it was run like WWE. Where every team is mostly 47 year olds, 95% of the young players spend their entire careers on the bench, half a team gets fired the day before a game, and the whole season is the same 2 teams playing each other 300 times and then at the Superbowl the game ends in a DQ so they can keep the season going for another 6 months.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Drakkel posted:

Part of me wants to see the NFL if it was run like WWE.
Step 1 would be to take away parity

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting that the word going around is that Bayley's injury is in fact an ACL tear.

Performance Center claims another victim you hate to see it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1413589749504389125?s=20

Gotta re-learn how to wrestle since they're not going to be in front of the Thunderdome apparently.

This dumbass company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nazi Lars strikes again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Davros1 posted:

Gotta re-learn how to wrestle since they're not going to be in front of the Thunderdome apparently.

This dumbass company

jesus loving christ

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

What the hell does that mean? They've been running shows this whole time, why do they need mandatory training??? And of all people to put in a mandatory "learn how to wrestle again" course they choose one of the few women in the company that still wrestles regularly while 90% of the division is either sitting at home or in the back doing jack poo poo nothing?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nazi Lars strikes again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

Like Darkstar said, if they merge the women's titles it'll just be the same 6 people feuding with each other and those who aren't after the singles title will just end up in the tag-team division.

Sure... I agree. If anything, the brand split forces them to not use the same wrestlers on every single show. Without it you'd get back into that 50/50 booking where Smackdown was just a replay of Raw with the opposite winners

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Davros1 posted:

This dumbass company

Mandatory training sounds like some employee poo poo, but we all knew that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Sure... I agree. If anything, the brand split forces them to not use the same wrestlers on every single show. Without it you'd get back into that 50/50 booking where Smackdown was just a replay of Raw with the opposite winners
No, that's what it'll be. They'll just leave Asuka, Bianca, and Ripley off the show, or have them in a tag-team.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Speaking of running shows again

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2021/07/09/wwe-adds-to-september-tour-announces-extreme-rules-ppv-date-and-location/

They're back to doing house shows on the weekends!

That sucks about Bayley but hopefully she gets the well deserved rest she needs.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Those that we've spoken to in WWE say that Bayley was training with another WWE star this week and that her "knee popped," and we've since heard that staff has been told it's a torn ACL, though we don't have an official word from Bayley or WWE. Fightful has been speaking to talent and staff since the news about potential plans. As of Friday afternoon, we heard that her injury may have actually caused plans to change for incoming talent.

Two talents on the Smackdown roster were openly frustrated that the company's lack of depth left them scrambling to find an appropriate replacement, with one saying "they did it to themselves," before noting that Bayley helped carry the company during the most difficult times and was known to be easy to deal with despite more always being asked of her.

As noted on Twitter, we're told the injury was a freak accident that happened while chain wrestling at WWE's mandatory return to road Performance Center training.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Davros1 posted:

This dumbass company

lmao "freak accident" at the accident factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Greatest Women's Roster on the planet!

*Scrambles to find a blond to replace Bayley*