Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413611418490966024?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The greatest directors infuse symbolism into every single shot. Stanley Kubrick. Akira Kurosawa. David Lynch. Tommy End.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, this elevation looks stacked

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

oh drat

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

wow, this elevation looks stacked

I bet it's stacked for at least the first leg of the first big tour back.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Have there been other matches announced somewhere? I'm only seeing that one.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

They've all been leaked by people who were there but that's the only one officially announced.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Yaya posted:

Tommy End creating this character with pages and pages of backstory and intricacies and excitedly explaining them to people is the most relatable thing a wrestler has ever done

Not even joking here, I bet he'd make an amazing DM.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I think people are seeing the list on the spoiler thread, which is something I actively avoid.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kunabomber posted:

I think people are seeing the list on the spoiler thread, which is something I actively avoid.

Same! I'll wait until more stuff comes out. Seems like people were excited about something happening on Elevation/Dark and I don't want to risk spoiling something fun for myself.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

prolly the spoiler thread which i actively avoid, because aew is fun as heck

efb

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wonder if Elevation (and Dark?) get ramped up in name value for the next month as a sort of warmup for doing a second hour on TV every week

Darby/Angelico is a cool match, let Darby get bent instead of hurled around for a change of pace

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

One of the Everything Elite hosts was at the show and had an episode with his brother where they laid out the DE card but I turned it off when they started to get a little too spoilery than I wanted. That said:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413615192294912003?s=20

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

One of the Everything Elite hosts was at the show and had an episode with his brother where they laid out the DE card but I turned it off when they started to get a little too spoilery than I wanted. That said:

:dance:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

WWE using all these resources to repackage Black's character for his big return just for him to use it in another promotion is p. funny.

Excited to see what this big ol' metal dork brings in for his theme if they don't use Rukus.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rantmo posted:

kilynn ;_;

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
vs

I am very excited and hope it has some time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rantmo posted:

Yesssssssssssssss :allears:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yuka's returning on a web site. filth. nobody uses them

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist posted:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Malakai Black is going to team with his cousin Baron.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I hope Malakai Black is going to team with his cousin Baron.

"Malakai! It's your cousin, Barron. Baron Black! You know that hot new wrestling you were looking for? Get a load of this!" *Texts YouTube link to AEW*

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I just hope that these back to back Joshi matches are King's final test before her contract. Her Riho match was excellent and no doubt she and Yuka will have a banger and then we get footage of her getting signed on Tuesday and I will be happy.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

smarxist posted:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

I just hope that these back to back Joshi matches are King's final test before her contract. Her Riho match was excellent and no doubt she and Yuka will have a banger and then we get footage of her getting signed on Tuesday and I will be happy.

I think I missed her Riho match, what show was that on.

I really like King and hope she sticks around, but she still desperately needs to pick a character and commit to it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think I missed her Riho match, what show was that on.

I really like King and hope she sticks around, but she still desperately needs to pick a character and commit to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ffw8lyafYM&t=2475s

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
King is like 90% there, she just needs some tweaks to thread it all together. She had some kickass red/black gear she should wear again, and maybe get a bit more heelish, her size/physique definitely supports it, i love the knucklelock taunting spot she does

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So does Tommy End do one of the vlogs?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

So does Tommy End do one of the vlogs?

Not yet but I wouldn't be shocked if he shows up in one or starts his own thing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rantmo posted:

I am very very into this.

OhAYAYAYAYAYAYo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
saw this on twitter, oh man our boys have come so far!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

King is like 90% there, she just needs some tweaks to thread it all together. She had some kickass red/black gear she should wear again, and maybe get a bit more heelish, her size/physique definitely supports it, i love the knucklelock taunting spot she does

I think she's where she needs to be in terms of character, not there yet but with some decent foundation to build upon. I like the gear she's got but not the colors, the blue and green doesn't quite work for me, the red and blue would if the colors were a little less saturated. Personally, I like her being a face hoss because it would position her opposite Nyla in terms of power in the division, plus #RSK owns.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Some nerds talking about Zelda

https://youtu.be/GUi0jjUSNE8

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Not yet but I wouldn't be shocked if he shows up in one or starts his own thing.

Yeah, I meant to speculate. I'm curious if he does one or if he stays off to not ruin his character. But a bunch of other people handle that fine, look at Abadon

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I meant to speculate. I'm curious if he does one or if he stays off to not ruin his character. But a bunch of other people handle that fine, look at Abadon

I feel like if he shows up on them he stays fully in character and they aren't played for comedy.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That's a Target - which is also headquartered in Minnesota. And they said it was "flyover country"!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

That's a Target - which is also headquartered in Minnesota. And they said it was "flyover country"!

Best Buy is also from here, and we invented the idea of putting the cheese inside the meat in the cheeseburger. We are God's blessed land.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Some nerds talking about Zelda

https://youtu.be/GUi0jjUSNE8

Shida should play Wind Waker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Best Buy is also from here, and we invented the idea of putting the cheese inside the meat in the cheeseburger. We are God's blessed land.

Counterpoint: My Pillow, and Guererro and Pillman died here.