Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Coyote also had the red streak down his back, does he have his "strength"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oxxidation posted:

yes, but he lived

He got better!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Scholtz posted:

Coyote is only bound by rules if he remembers them and it suits him to do so.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Wyld Karde posted:

Coyote is only bound by rules if he remembers them and it suits him to do so.

Oops! I forgot about that gravity thing you humans always go on about

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm more questioning whether him having it means Loup (or Ysengrin?) doesn't have it. Maybe this ends with Loup gone, a frail Ysengrin without ANY of Coyote's blessings (such as his body mecha suit) realizing he's made multiple mistakes (trusting Coyote, desiring his strength, etc.) and the mediums working to restore balance.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Podima posted:

Do notice that Coyote's tail is still connected to the ether beam whatsit, if you look carefully throughout the first three panels.

Ooo good catch. Definitely missed that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

catapede posted:

Ooo good catch. Definitely missed that.

Someone's tooth could solve that problem real easy I bet

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Scholtz posted:

This is a piece of himself he stored away in the lake water well before giving away his strength, so it makes sense this part of him would have it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Fecha posted:

Coyote is the character I want to read an entire chapter of people talking about

*monkey paw curls*

Granted, but it's flashbacks where Ysengrin talks at length about how the way Coyote treats him is cool and good, actually.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

madjack posted:

This is a piece of himself he stored away in the lake water well before giving away his strength, so it makes sense this part of him would have it.

As far as I can tell, the last time Coyote popped out of Loup's head with the Goose Bone, the red stripe wasn't there.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Kantesu posted:

As far as I can tell, the last time Coyote popped out of Loup's head with the Goose Bone, the red stripe wasn't there.

I had to go back and check and it looked like you were right until the second to last page he appeared on. It actually is there, but apparently only when he bothers to form himself into a proper body.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Osmosisch posted:

<-- We're all coyote

Are we though?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Falconer posted:

Are we though?
Nyes but also nyo

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow Court you suck at everything. Also lol Annie hugging yet another monster parental figure. Bad habits die hard.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I don't think we've seen her hug her dad

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Uh.... has Annie forgotten about Coyote eating Ysengrin's brains for decades

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I think Coyote has his stripe because this is a memory of him from before he gave away his strength.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Splicer posted:

Uh.... has Annie forgotten about Coyote eating Ysengrin's brains for decades
I think only the audience has seen Memory Orb Snack Time, nobody else. She did notice that something was terribly wrong with Ysengrin, but I don't think she knew the root cause.

Regardless Annie, I know Loup makes Coyote look ultra dependable and trustworthy by comparison, but I'd lay off getting chummy with the chaos god who views the world as his toy chest.

This whole Loup business reminds me of a kid taping firecrackers to their action figures 'to see what will happen'.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would hug Coyote

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tupperwarez posted:

I think only the audience has seen Memory Orb Snack Time, nobody else. She did notice that something was terribly wrong with Ysengrin, but I don't think she knew the root cause.

Regardless Annie, I know Loup makes Coyote look ultra dependable and trustworthy by comparison, but I'd lay off getting chummy with the chaos god who views the world as his toy chest.

This whole Loup business reminds me of a kid taping firecrackers to their action figures 'to see what will happen'.

I actually wasn't sure and went to check but Loup told her when they first met. Although Annie might not have cared or forgotten I guess.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Yeah, I also thought the hug was weird. Coyote is culpable for a lot here and I'm pretty sure Annie knows all about the memory eating and has definitely called out Coyote for abusing Ysengrin before.

I get why we the audience would enjoy having Coyote back as a character but having Annie be this friendly with him when he's the architect of this mess and kind of...not nice is really, really off. Will this get highlighted? Who knows!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

All four of Annie's father figures are objectively awful and that won't stop her from loving every single one of them.

And Coyote's the only one that hasn't nearly personally killed her.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Mazerunner posted:

I actually wasn't sure and went to check but Loup told her when they first met. Although Annie might not have cared or forgotten I guess.

he did tell her: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2020

but on the next page: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2021

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Mazerunner posted:

The panel refers to the memory eating that the audience saw, but the words Loup says just imply Coyote was being manipulative, which is pretty normal for Coyote. She doesn't know the details.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2017

several pages before

"coyote had been stealing ysengrin's thoughts for years"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Macaluso posted:

I would hug Coyote

:same:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Mazerunner posted:

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2017

several pages before

"coyote had been stealing ysengrin's thoughts for years"

Despite the word "stealing," the context makes it sound like Coyote was merely mind-reading - the emphasis is that Coyote knows what Ysengrin is thinking, not that memories are being deleted from Ysengrin's mind. I'd still say that even if Annie remembers this word-perfectly she's still woefully underinformed about the whole situation.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Back when we saw him at it it certainly seemed that Ysengrin lost the thoughts Coyote took.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Personally I think it's believable that, bad guy or not, Coyote gets a hug because he's not goddamn Loup.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ArcMage posted:

Back when we saw him at it it certainly seemed that Ysengrin lost the thoughts Coyote took.

That's definitely what literally happened, but the question is whether Annie would pick that up from Loup describing it.

Honestly, though I think she's just relieved to be in the presence of someone she feels safe with. She has a long-standing habit of forgiving things she probably shouldn't for the sake of having a connection.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Didn't ysengrin outright confirm that coyote messes with his memories that time annie confronted him after he tried to kill her

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

Didn't ysengrin outright confirm that coyote messes with his memories that time annie confronted him after he tried to kill her

good memory, though not quite

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1239

ysengrin said his mind his full of holes, but didn't blame coyote, more implied it was a failure on his own part.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Yeah like, if Annie had a transcript of all the things Ysegrin and Coyote said about this she might be able to piece it all together, but she doesn't and is likely to just think some regular-grade Coyote-ing (manipulation etc) is going on and not horrible brain-eating poo poo.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Macaluso posted:

I would hug Coyote

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

MikeJF posted:

Personally I think it's believable that, bad guy or not, Coyote gets a hug because he's not goddamn Loup.

Yep, hahaha.

Tenebrais posted:

Honestly, though I think she's just relieved to be in the presence of someone she feels safe with. She has a long-standing habit of forgiving things she probably shouldn't for the sake of having a connection.

And this.

I'm also believe Annie doesn't know Coyote took literal thoughts from Ysengrin. But even without that, Coyote is a huge, manipulative dick. I imagine he gets a lot of leeway since he's a literal god though, haha.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The next 12 pages are Annie explaining to the camera that Coyote torturing Ysengrin was good actually

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Macaluso posted:

I would hug Coyote

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Splicer posted:

The next 12 pages are Annie explaining to the camera that Coyote torturing Ysengrin was good actually

Jones is there and says "Nice, you seem perfectly mentally stable."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
When someone asks you if you want to pet a God, you say yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Rereading those linked pages, I had completely forgotten about Ysengrin warning Annie about the Court:

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2027

"They mean to take you away!"

Where to, though? For what purpose? Is it linked with whatever is going on with Zimmy that makes her think she is Annie when in the other dimension? (Like with Annie's hair color latching onto Zimmy like a pest in that one chapter and everything?)