Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Mx. posted:

edit: you son of a bitch

Haha gently caress I forgot about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #7

I like how she rolls between the legs and then goes for the critical attack :darksouls:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmbo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny #7

I like how she rolls between the legs and then goes for the critical attack :darksouls:

Sickos för destiny.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

By popular demand posted:

Also not great for the people witnessing it, nor for the cleanup crew.

This post made me think of if not my favorite at least one of my top 5 Achewoods. Posting it here so we can all enjoy a classic installment of Achewood, a noted good web comic that everyone enjoys.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
As if GRRM these days writes as much as his name. Absolute fucker.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

frankenfreak posted:

i mean he doesnt in the comic either

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

garfield hentai posted:

This post made me think of if not my favorite at least one of my top 5 Achewoods. Posting it here so we can all enjoy a classic installment of Achewood, a noted good web comic that everyone enjoys.

Torn on whether to change username to Johnny Cleanslice or Timmy Headloaf.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im Jommy Cleanslice-Headloaf, Esq.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Thank you for the double-take my brain just did!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

frankenfreak posted:

He's writing that new Dark Souls game.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

garfield hentai posted:

Thank you. Out of every single Achewood ever posted on these forums in the last 16 years, this is the first one that made me laugh.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

garfield hentai posted:

lyle isnt wrong decorum isnt real dont believe the lies. hes wrong about the flat blades though loafing your head is more painful then cutting it off.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Paladinus posted:

He's writing that new Dark Souls game.

His work on the game was finalized a few years ago lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

Thorsby comic ratings:
The Accidental Space Spy - 6/10 a lot of very good jokes but it's pretty much Thorsby's world-building tendencies taken to the extreme and a lot of the planets overstay their welcome imo. Overall conceit is that the main characters are visiting various planets looking for someone who was researching alien cultures with weird courting rituals, so there's constant farcical misunderstandings as the main characters gently caress up aliens' marriages.
Lies, Sisters and Wives - 7/10 mercifully short for a Thorsby comic, it's just the Passion, Lies, and Fungus arc from Hitmen for Destiny again, but done in a non-fantasy setting.
Transdimensional Brain Chip - 9/10 Total loving moron gets the ability to talk to alternate universe versions of himself, extremely funny, goes off the loving rails. Doesn't get a 10/10 only because the climax is like 1/5th of the story's length and is mostly like... speculative sci-fi instead of comedy.
Trixie Slaughteraxe For President - 10/10 Another fantasy adventure like Hitmen for Destiny albeit in a more traditional fantasy world. Great balance of comedy, plot that moves at a decent clip, and weird world-building,

A good ranking, TSFP is one of the best narrative webcomics ever, maybe one of the best bits of narrative art ever put on the internet. I would put Lies, Sisters and Wives higher, like an 8/10 because it's just Thorsby doing what he does best, and I would add Hitmen as a 9/10 because I think story-wise it's as good as Trixie and the shipboard farce is Thorsby's greatest accomplishment, but the art is way, way worse.

The short story is that Thorsby is great and all his comics are worth reading. It's too bad he hasn't done anything new since Trixie ended!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Fagtastic posted:

I read this with concern, because I love thorsby and it sounds like a not great title.

I am both gay and a geneticist and I was pleasantly surprised. It's surprisingly genetics-literate. It's wrong, but not because of any particular misunderstanding on thorsbys part, in fact he's got a better grasp on basic population genetics than some of my first year students. It's only wrong because genetics of behavior is a lot more complicated than the punnet-square level logic he's using.

It -feels- offensive, but only because it's got that weirdly frank and forthright autist-logic style he has.

Overall, this could have been a lot worse. I would not have wanted to have learned that thorsby was a nazi today.

I've said before that a lot of Thorsby's most ingeniously hilarious stuff is when he says something that's obviously wrong, but it's not entirely trivial to explain exactly how.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Fagtastic posted:

I read this with concern, because I love thorsby and it sounds like a not great title.

I am both gay and a geneticist and I was pleasantly surprised. It's surprisingly genetics-literate. It's wrong, but not because of any particular misunderstanding on thorsbys part, in fact he's got a better grasp on basic population genetics than some of my first year students. It's only wrong because genetics of behavior is a lot more complicated than the punnet-square level logic he's using.

It -feels- offensive, but only because it's got that weirdly frank and forthright autist-logic style he has.

Overall, this could have been a lot worse. I would not have wanted to have learned that thorsby was a nazi today.

ill have to take your word for it but it seems really gross to make that comic. esp when suicide genetic or not more often effects gay people . he also completly discounts lesbians except for the page being like hey why are all gay men femme? completly ignoring butch gay men. he also makes an insane assumption that asexual people would be more likely to be killed then gay people in prehistoric man societies. we cant say for certain he is wrong but all of the modern era that is 100% wrong.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I binged the first ~200 Hitmen For Destiny after ignoring it for years, and it's surprisingly engaging.

Is there some relation between Bobby Crosby (Pupkin) and Chris Crosby (Superosity)? The art is really similar.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Helicity posted:

Is there some relation between Bobby Crosby (Pupkin) and Chris Crosby (Superosity)? The art is really similar.

Scaramouche posted:

Pupkin's author was Chris Crosby's younger brother Bobby I think (the former being founder of Keenspot comic host) and they all were kind of strange? The latter was a poster here after some people were joke posting the comic and they'd always end their posts with "thank you for reading pupkin" and got banned a couple times I think. I seem to remember them talking up how successful their comics were and that they were being optioned for a movie deal but have no recollection about how that ended up.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

What year would this have been? That's very artful use of space with the ceiling and the dancing there

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, I love every time comics break the panel, and that's just a while other level.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
PYF Weird, Rambling Takes on Webcomics

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

very lmao

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Helicity posted:

I binged the first ~200 Hitmen For Destiny after ignoring it for years, and it's surprisingly engaging.

Almost the opposite here. I've had Thorsby on my to read list for years after much acclaim from goons and the first few dozen steps of Hitmen have put me right off. Does it develop into something? How long do you have to persist?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

nonathlon posted:

Almost the opposite here. I've had Thorsby on my to read list for years after much acclaim from goons and the first few dozen steps of Hitmen have put me right off. Does it develop into something? How long do you have to persist?

Long enough.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

nonathlon posted:

If you've made it through the resolution of the portal monsters you've seen everything it has to offer. Take a plot about destiny and killing monsters, make every story arc an incredibly convoluted sitcom/cartoon gag ramped up to 11, and put it in a bizarre world.

I'm not sure its good - but slicer raccoons, the Tolkien races, the invisible castle, etc. are uniquely strange enough to keep me reading.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

An electron isn't an atom, Campbell. :colbert:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

An electron isn't an atom, Campbell. :colbert:

You need an electron microscope to see atoms; obviously you need an electron microphone to hear atoms. :colbert:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snackmar posted:

What year would this have been? That's very artful use of space with the ceiling and the dancing there

looks early 1960s to me.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Helicity posted:

If you've made it through the resolution of the portal monsters you've seen everything it has to offer. Take a plot about destiny and killing monsters, make every story arc an incredibly convoluted sitcom/cartoon gag ramped up to 11, and put it in a bizarre world.

I'm not sure its good - but slicer raccoons, the Tolkien races, the invisible castle, etc. are uniquely strange enough to keep me reading.

I've started in on Trixie Slaughteraxe and I get it. The zaniness starts immediately, the art is less repulsive and it might not be good like say but it's unique. That initial section on Hitmen was indistinguishable from a bad wish fulfilment comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

i love it. thank me.