Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm a budding Social Media Content Creator who bought a flop house. If I put one serial entrepreneur in the first room, two serial entrepreneurs in the second room, four serial entrepreneurs in the third room, etc, how many rooms would my house need to contain before it collapses into a black hole and kills all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I think we need to test this at 1:1 scale to verify the results

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Assume each serial entrepreneur and their bed, personal belongings etc. have a mass of 200kg and the materials the house is made of are massless because it's garbage modern construction.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
smallest black holes are 3 solar masses, which end up bein about 6 * 10^30kg. take logarithm, subtract 2 for peeps (division in normalspace is subtraction logspace), thats 101 rooms rounding up

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

World War Mammories posted:

the complex mathematics of polycules underlie many recent advances in cryptography

I also read The Diamond Age.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

what the hell is ethnic catholic? doesn't that just mean italian?

sounds like something with hints of "not a jew" to me

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This is just a punk squat house except everyone pays like $2000/mo to live there

seriously, people have been doing this forever.
i really dislike anyone who says the word "entrepreneur" seriously

i am harry has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Jul 10, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm entrepreneuring up this post.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
imagine 16 entrepreneurs at the edge of a brownstone

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The guy who lives under the stairs is doomed to being fat. The entrepreneur in a closet system may never decrease.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

The stairs guy will outlive them all solely based on fitness level.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

really dig sharing my bedroom with my beloved partner, and a guy named mike who sleeps on the other side of this foldable screen

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The guy who lives under the stairs is doomed to being fat. The entrepreneur in a closet system may never decrease.

goddammit

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Do you live under stairs in a house?

Also lol at paying over $1000 a month to live in the cuck suites

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

these 16 people are paying more than $16000 a month to live like that?!?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i am harry posted:

Someone said $18,000 earlier so yes

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

where do you jerk off
loudly and obviously behind your folding screen whenever the couple who shares the room tries to have sex

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Unsustainable

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Seen another house like the entrepreneur one, but it was for wannabe Youtube influencers.
Thinking they were going to be the next Paul or Jake Logan, these barely 18 year olds crammed into this million dollar condo.
And some were sleeping 4-5 to a room.
Can't find it on YT atm,

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

Seen another house like the entrepreneur one, but it was for wannabe Youtube influencers.
Thinking they were going to be the next Paul or Jake Logan, these barely 18 year olds crammed into this million dollar condo.
Can't find it on YT atm,

Yeah, somebody wrote a profile recently.

They got together and picked teams for basketball and then wandered away without playing basketball, and the one guy left on the court was like "They do this every day none of them have the attention span to actually remember we were going to play basketball they just have so much fun picking teams"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's a guy whose job is apparently biting into weird juice pouches with dracula teeth on camera and saying insane things like "orange is fire!", and IDK I guess that's fine work if you can get it?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's a guy whose job is apparently biting into weird juice pouches with dracula teeth on camera and saying insane things like "orange is fire!", and IDK I guess that's fine work if you can get it?

On the scale of degrading yourself for money that's pretty low so I respect the grift.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I get the impression it was meant to be far fewer than 16 people in that house. The guy mentions at one point that the room he's in used to be their theater space. Sounds like their monthly went up or they didn't fully plan the costs (probably both) and their solution was to just pack in more roommates.

What could go wrong?

My brother spent more than a decade living in a shared house in SF, but they always maintained individual space for every person or couple—with, like, walls and a door. When they inevitably got priced out their solution was to go their separate ways and find other accommodations because fuuuuuck living like the people in that video.

Skippy McPants has issued a correction as of 02:16 on Jul 11, 2021

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

this better be fiji water or some poo poo

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

From the day they are born, the Nacirema tribe drink nothing but soda and energy drinks.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

maybe it's just people with tribal tattoos

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

happyhippy posted:

Can't find it on YT atm,

there're apparently some parents so insane they let their young (and im talking less than 10 years old??) children move into or at least visit these places on a regular basis. absolutely some epstein poo poo happening

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

From the day they are born, the Nacirema tribe drink nothing but soda and energy drinks.

I'm pretty sure some Texans could qualify as a tribe that has never tasted water.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

i am harry posted:

Entrepreneur probably means either socail media leeches or streamers, so if anything they deserve worse, and more expensive

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Entrepreneur is just another word for sucker.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

In this $3,000 seminar, I will teach you all to be entrepreneurs. The first and most important lesson is how to pronounce "entrepreneur." Now that the training is complete, proceed to buy dogecoin and live in flophouses.

[New entrepreneurs] "Hey, I could become an entrepreneur doing entrepreneur seminars!"

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

entremanure

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Entrepreneur isn't a bad word!

You got the entre... Who doesn't love an entree? It's the reason why you go to the restaurant. Nobody goes out for the appetizer.

Then you got the pre... Pre is good. Pre means before. Before now is always better than now. Now things stink! But before? The world held so much promise.

Finally, you got the newer! Everyone likes new stuff!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a new study bible! posted:

Entrepreneur isn't a bad word!

You got the entre... Who doesn't love an entree? It's the reason why you go to the restaurant. Nobody goes out for the appetizer.

Then you got the pre... Pre is good. Pre means before. Before now is always better than now. Now things stink! But before? The world held so much promise.

Finally, you got the newer! Everyone likes new stuff!

So they're just food before the newer stuff gets here?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

BonHair posted:

I'm pretty sure some Texans could qualify as a tribe that has never tasted water.

British workers at the malt liquor plant were among the only ones not to contract cholera during that outbreak. Because they drank almost exclusively malt liquor run-off.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

happyhippy posted:

Can't find it on YT atm,

There was similar attempt at a Tiktok house in Ireland. A luxory house with about a dozen young guys and girls aged 17-19 and the founder who was a late 30s entreprenur. They left the luxory house after a month and were downgraded to a standard home so I'm guessing that was to entince them into believing it was a legit venture, or the income was way less than he expected.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

relevant tik tok house video

https://youtu.be/RCNsx_NyNOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Antonymous posted:

16 people is 120 interpersonal relationships if I did my math right, that is, if each person has a relationship with each of the 15 other people who live there and no one is strangers. Relationships aren't binary there's also definitely nonlinear effects when there's people's sexual/romantic partners and different style rooms and cliques and whatever else people can fight about. And these people mostly didn't grow up together they started as strangers so no like tribal/familial vibe, no shared goal or shared history, it's purely 15 other people help pay my rent who are my competitors/colleagues as young entrepenuaers. Wonder how eviction would go if someone was stealing or creeping

anyway it's a lot of potential to blow up cause just one of those 120 relationships going sour could funk up the whole house.

hopefully they at least had the prudence to keep the gothepenuaers and jockepenuaers on separate floors

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

I get the impression it was meant to be far fewer than 16 people in that house. The guy mentions at one point that the room he's in used to be their theater space. Sounds like their monthly went up or they didn't fully plan the costs (probably both) and their solution was to just pack in more roommates.

What could go wrong?

My brother spent more than a decade living in a shared house in SF, but they always maintained individual space for every person or couple—with, like, walls and a door. When they inevitably got priced out their solution was to go their separate ways and find other accommodations because fuuuuuck living like the people in that video.

The housing market probably wasn't quite as insane when your brother did that.

We've had multiple decades of Boomers doing everything in their power to drive up housing costs, and it has hosed us royally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

British workers at the malt liquor plant were among the only ones not to contract cholera during that outbreak. Because they drank almost exclusively malt liquor run-off.

Lmao.

But also, in feudal times, having hops on your property was mandatory (as in legally enforced), on account of you had to be able to brew beer. This has a lot to do with rivers being the primary source of water, sanitation and general runoff, including tanneries and other gross stuff. And chances were you lived at least a few cities downriver. Beer was a way to get drinkable water essentially.