Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Helicity posted:

Counterpoint: My Pillow, and Guererro and Pillman died here.

We do not acknowledge my pillow guy as one of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I meant to speculate. I'm curious if he does one or if he stays off to not ruin his character. But a bunch of other people handle that fine, look at Abadon

Well now I want nothing more than to see Malakai reviewing Oreos with Allie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I meant to speculate. I'm curious if he does one or if he stays off to not ruin his character. But a bunch of other people handle that fine, look at Abadon

I think Brodie Lee was initially hesitant about appearing on it for fear of ruining his character, when all it did was enhance it when he eventually did

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

King Hook

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Team Taz is the Vessel
Hook is the Messenger

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The Hollywood Hook

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

my god.................

ok cody should beat tommy end but then finally job to hook

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
That is a magnificent head of hair.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413656716034691077

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I just watched the first episode of I Think You Should Leave season 2 and it will be an absolute tragedy if they don't make a Coffin Flop reference next week.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I just watched the first episode of I Think You Should Leave season 2 and it will be an absolute tragedy if they don't make a Coffin Flop reference next week.

But who will be nude?!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Any time I see Hook standing next to Taz I can't help wondering what the hell Hook's mom looks like.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Watch for Men of the Year to get some really complicated shirts from Dan Flashes.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
KiLynn & Baron both on Elevation? I just said goodbye!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1413645784709488640?s=19

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413668040579813380

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tornaaaadoooo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hook is never going to wrestle, glamour shots and spears only

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's really crazy how many new and interesting combinations of talent you get to see on AEW programming each week

It's like when WCW would use random cruiserweights from around the world each week in random combinations in the first hour but in AEW its with the whole roster on multiple shows and it's rad as hell

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Tornaaaadoooo.

THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD YET!

Of course they had to bring him back, he's on a win streak!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
please give me some interactions between Max and Luther, as well as some bars

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

smarxist posted:

please give me some interactions between Max and Luther, as well as some bars

loving seriously lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1413668245844987908?s=19

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

It's really crazy how many new and interesting combinations of talent you get to see on AEW programming each week

It's like when WCW would use random cruiserweights from around the world each week in random combinations in the first hour but in AEW its with the whole roster on multiple shows and it's rad as hell

Yeah one of the nice things about Dark and Dark Elevation is they both feel like they can experiment a little; Dynamite is where the big story beats happen, on the YT shows it can just be “let’s you and him fight”.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Goddammit, why is the Captain back to jobbing after his only win to date? Between All Out selling out and this, it's an insult to all Chicagoans and I won't stand for it.

I mean, I will, but come on TK

Edit:
https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1413673806145757187?s=19

rantmo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 10, 2021

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dreamgirl Ellie is back!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413675590272446464

last tweet of matches, I was curious who Tay was wrestling because in the spoiler thread her opponent was just listed as ?

also Jungle Boy vs Lee Johnson should whip rear end

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ok wait, did they film ALL these matches in front of that crowd???

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

ok wait, did they film ALL these matches in front of that crowd???

Before and after, yeah.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413675590272446464

last tweet of matches, I was curious who Tay was wrestling because in the spoiler thread her opponent was just listed as ?

also Jungle Boy vs Lee Johnson should whip rear end

Based on the results from the tapings, there should be one more tweet’s worth announced if they run everything they taped (unless those matches are going to be omDark).

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 10, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Now that most of the spoiler thread stuff is announced, very curious about regular Dark because, as you can see, it's over ten freaking matches on Dark:Elevation, and nothing was filmed for Dark.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

Now that most of the spoiler thread stuff is announced, very curious about regular Dark because, as you can see, it's over ten freaking matches on Dark:Elevation, and nothing was filmed for Dark.

might be stitched together from whatever they had left laying around in the can to give some extra time for the b-unit to figure poo poo out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smarxist posted:

saw this on twitter, oh man our boys have come so far!

That’s the butcher… and the blade!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Don't think this one's been posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413631550273556485?s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:rip:

edit: i wonder if we'll see a Ricky Starks run in...

edit 2: do you think Ricky needs a second / new finisher? i feel like there are gonna be too many dudes in AEW that he can't convincingly Ro-Sham-Bo

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hook is never going to wrestle, glamour shots and spears only

I initially interpreted "spears" as Shawn Spears so I was I like "drat, I know he's kind of bland but what he does still qualifies as wrestling."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Like they don't literally pretend Kris Statlander is a non-human alien lifeform from the Andromeda Galaxy.

I will say i think this is a flaw and that AEW should have more poo poo that's just weird in it, but that's personal taste. I would /love/ if Kris Stat was just an alien. I got in with lucha underground and it's left me a craving. Hopefully Malakai and Abadon, once she gets called up to the main show, get more of that in there.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

smarxist posted:

saw this on twitter, oh man our boys have come so far!

So I assume this is common knowledge and assume they're both AEW wrestlers now but I have no idea who these are.

EDIT: Wait I got it, because of the mask Evil Uno, so the other person must be STU WITH HAIR???

Alternatively the mask person is Penta Zero Coolness. Which is, you know. Impossible.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Artelier posted:

So I assume this is common knowledge and assume they're both AEW wrestlers now but I have no idea who these are.

EDIT: Wait I got it, because of the mask Evil Uno, so the other person must be STU WITH HAIR???

Alternatively the mask person is Penta Zero Coolness. Which is, you know. Impossible.

It's The Acclaimed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

edit: i wonder if we'll see a Ricky Starks run in...

edit 2: do you think Ricky needs a second / new finisher? i feel like there are gonna be too many dudes in AEW that he can't convincingly Ro-Sham-Bo

I don't know that he does a run-in but his promo definitely happened during Elevation so maybe we'll see that without the funky edit. And yes, Rochambeau is not a good finisher even if it shows how deceptively strong Ricky is.