Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cornette's response is entirely correct, not gonna knock him on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, I'm actually legitimately surprised he didn't try to stick in some lovely dig on Omega or something. It's surprising that at this point, he knows enough to take ANYTHING seriously and not do his horrible loving gimmick.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Probably helps that he was frequently a target of rail-jumping lunatics in his hey day.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Probably eats him up that AEW got what he considers "Real Heat"*

*because Cornette is always boasting how about crowds hated the wrestlers back in the day so much that they'd jump the rails.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at trying to get your hero to pat you on the head by risking your freedom and the safety of others but instead he takes a dump on you in public for it

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Imagine eating an assault charge to get the approval of someone you admire only to get decked and told by that someone what a fuckup you are

Cross posting this from the social media thread because I didn't see it until after my post but I would have just empty quoted it instead because it says it better than I did

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

#ThankYouJimCornette

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if cornette walks out at the ppv just like hulk hogan at bash at the beach. the ref is out cold and it's the bucks vs FTR for the tag team titles. he's got his sights set on hitting those mud show cosplayers in the head. but he takes a big swing and clocks dash harwood in the noggin. the ref wakes up to count the pinfall and cornette and the young bucks celebrate as the biggest heels in history. just kidding. jim cornette go to prison for attempted murder and whatever the charge is for intimidating employees to have sex with someone else. god bless you posters

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Also kinda weird to pay money to people you hate to look stupid on national TV and get tossed on your rear end.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Unperson_47 posted:

Imagine getting radicalized by Jim Cornette into rushing a stage hoping he notices you

*Rikishi voice*
"I did it for the Cuck"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/murphburner/status/1413724536764260354?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So was this dude actually arrested?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Also kinda weird to pay money to people you hate to look stupid on national TV and get tossed on your rear end.

Brain worms are a hell of a thing

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Knowing the idiot's motivation it's kind of weird that he'd interrupt a segment with a veteran like Jericho and an old school never breaks kayfabe heel like MJF when Orange Cassidy and the Bucks were on the show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

Knowing the idiot's motivation it's kind of weird that he'd interrupt a segment with a veteran like Jericho and an old school never breaks kayfabe heel like MJF when Orange Cassidy and the Bucks were on the show.

Cornette turned on MJF some time ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MJeff posted:

So was this dude actually arrested?
If he was arrested he was only detained for a short time because he spent the following day tweeting and retweeting how not-owned he is

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 10, 2021

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Pylons posted:

Cornette turned on MJF some time ago.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but why?

The singing stuff?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but why?

The singing stuff?

Yup.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

I mean, I thought that segment was pretty dumb but it's very Cornette like to key in on one thing so he can totally write off a wrestler that basically follows the blueprint he worships.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If that guy wanted to impress anyone he would have hit the ring while Hager and Wardlow were in it.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I see Kenny and fans asking Corny to drop the gimmick because of this chud. Bad news for them that it was never a persona, that's just who he is.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Cornette has spent the last 20 years burning every bridge because he'd rather be stubborn about his lovely views than change with the times. There's no way that he'd give up the grift now that he's found a loyal audience of creeps.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Truly carney to the bone.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
we've been calling Jim a trump wanna-be for years but never this wonderfully

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I see Kenny and fans asking Corny to drop the gimmick because of this chud. Bad news for them that it was never a persona, that's just who he is.

Cornette immediately regressed into the guy we all know and hate too:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Maybe Jim could use this as an opportunity to - oh. Oh. Never mind."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

"Maybe Jim could use this as an opportunity to profit."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny was there when Fale killed Daryl

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Kenny at least on twittter has been nothing but civil but Cornette, man... Cornette's response is to Kenny's tweet, I just linked it wrong.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1413907194165317637?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1413826678770573313?s=20

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Should have never engaged with him at all tbh.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol he is so pathetic

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

There's something inherently funny about Jim insisting he's not putting on an online persona in a wrestling promo-like tweet calling a wrestler 'fake' though.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ugh

https://twitter.com/GreatBrianLast/status/1413874648865980419?s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nothing like potentially outing someone's trauma to win an argument.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

talk about throwing stones from a glass house

can't even turn off the carny for a little while to stop emboldening the psychos

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

https://twitter.com/MachoViper/status/1413880631776272385?s=20

https://twitter.com/grimston_trevor/status/1413889150730727429?s=20

CAnon at it again

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 10, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That would involve ever thinking about him.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Jesus loving Christ. Feels like it's only a matter of time before CAnon grows into full QAnon once Jim peddles around some BS connecting Kenny to an imaginary child trafficking ring by the (global) Elite—he already made up garbage about Kenny grooming younger wrestlers and poo poo before, right?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Jesus loving Christ. Feels like it's only a matter of time before CAnon grows into full QAnon once Jim peddles around some BS connecting Kenny to an imaginary child trafficking ring by the (global) Elite—he already made up garbage about Kenny grooming younger wrestlers and poo poo before, right?
Yes, he has.

Omega is 100% right that Jim needs to tone down the rhetoric. (And he clearly doesn't mean "saying AEW is bad," he means things like basically calling him a child molester.) Brian is absolutely right, in vacuum, that Omega needs to disassociate himself from Callis for the reasons mentioned in the tweet, but he's also completely deflecting there and using something that serious to for that reason is complete bullshit. At least he didn't do anything to out the purported accuser this time.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I, admittedly, hadn't heard anything about the Don Callis allegation and chalked it up as another CAnon made-up thing. How serious is the accusation?