Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Was it, though? I’m not trying to say it was bad but basically using Lev as a lens through which to see all the lovely morals Seraphites are imposing while also not letting him be the one to explain himself. I mean, he does which was pretty cool but then they have Yara spell poo poo out for you and I feel it takes away from how Lev chose to handle it.

I dunno, as an older sister who was there the was there the whole time it seems like Yara having insight/thoughts on it is natural. Tbh it felt like Lev didn't like talking about it much if he didn't have to, which seems totally understandable.

I guess my reasons for feeling it was handled well is that it felt believable and authentic, to me at least. Not that it set out to check boxes.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I remember a bit of dialogue between Abby and Lev that goes "So, you want to talk about any of that?" "No." "Alright"

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

factions related: okay, so I may not be PSN friends with some of you yet. for the sake of not crowding things here if you wanna play factions with veeg one of these nights plz hop over to the factions/2LOU feeling gay zone and post your PSN name so i can invite you to the PSN group we have set up for multiplayer games :love:

MegaPlexi

Looking forward to playing factions with goons :blastu:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, I remember a bit of dialogue between Abby and Lev that goes "So, you want to talk about any of that?" "No." "Alright"

And naturally you gain more friendship meter with people the longer you spend time saving each other from people and zombies that want to kill you and you talk about it further. I don't know enough about trans issues to actually speak about anything confidently so all I can ever say is 'yeah that's fair, on either end if anyone likes or dislikes it, because I can see that one part falling on the representation/pandering side of the coin depending on who you ask very easily.

All I knew was that Abby wasn't going to care either way. Lev would have to do some weird Seraphite poo poo like skinning one of the corpses or eating a few of their fingers to have a problem with Lev by then.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 10, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

MegaPlexi

Looking forward to playing factions with goons :blastu:

sent you a request

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm in. What time are you guys planning on doing this?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'm in. What time are you guys planning on doing this?

haven't decided on a day yet, still gathering people

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

PSN is dr_chody

I should probably download 1LOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PSN is Mister_Fixer

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Eat My Ghastly rear end posted:

PSN is dr_chody

I should probably download 1LOU

sent

Fix posted:

PSN is Mister_Fixer

Fix your privacy settings prevent me from friending you, get me back at: snackytongs

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fix your privacy settings prevent me from friending you, get me back at: snackytongs

Sorry, sorry, I am bad at friends.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was thinking about trying out reddit lately. Would this be considered a good post there?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Psn do be uhhh

Aidanpsh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

Sorry, sorry, I am bad at friends.

np, i understand the desire for privacy in this hell world. we're friends now, i leave it up to you whether you want to be in the group chat with the other goons. if so you'll need to change the privacy setting for parties that will let me add you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

Psn do be uhhh

Aidanpsh

sent

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

np, i understand the desire for privacy in this hell world. we're friends now, i leave it up to you whether you want to be in the group chat with the other goons. if so you'll need to change the privacy setting for parties that will let me add you.

I think I fixed my poo poo. I hope I can branch out and murder tourists with goons. God, it's been so long.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

k, we've got a good crew building, thinking maybe either late monday night (tues morn for uk) or tuesday afternoon (tues night for uk) for the veeg stream. i'll ask him if he's available for some casual matches.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

I think I fixed my poo poo. I hope I can branch out and murder tourists with goons. God, it's been so long.

np, added

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
If there's room for another terrible, terrible person (I'm pretty good at FPS games, but for some reason I always sucked at Factions) count me in. PSN veddermatic in case you forgot. :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lumpy posted:

PSN veddermatic in case you forgot. :colbert:

i certainly did NOT. this time :suicide:

i'll add you to the chat sometime today

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tuesday night factions is great with me! I can stream it too :3: I just finished outer worlds and am going to play a couple of hours of returnal and then I can properly focus from Friday. So please yes factions tuesday! :)!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Tuesday night factions is great with me! I can stream it too :3: I just finished outer worlds and am going to play a couple of hours of returnal and then I can properly focus from Friday. So please yes factions tuesday! :)!

your uk tuesday 9pm would be our tuesday usa west coast 1pm, which is doable for me. I can also do late monday (midnight PST/ 8am UK) though I don't know how much of a morning person you UK folks are. I think we have people from all over in this group now, so y'all feel free to chime in with what you can do schedule-wise and we'll get some fun casual factions streams going.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I forgot does TLOU have private matches? We might just end up with enough we can just do full goon games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I forgot does TLOU have private matches? We might just end up with enough we can just do full goon games

Yup

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

your uk tuesday 9pm would be our tuesday usa west coast 1pm, which is doable for me. I can also do late monday (midnight PST/ 8am UK) though I don't know how much of a morning person you UK folks are. I think we have people from all over in this group now, so y'all feel free to chime in with what you can do schedule-wise and we'll get some fun casual factions streams going.

Oh cool! OK then. I will do a couple of hours of returnal to pump me up and then Factions at 9:00pm for an hour and a bit :D Exciting!! :D I hope no one minds if I stream it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I hope no one minds if I stream it?

I think that would be great!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How do I get in on Tuesday night factions

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

spam invites to BP until he sends you one or block you

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Pass this test: Are you a tourist?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

bust post ya dang psn name

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

bust post ya dang psn name

clintaga

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sent

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

does anyone have any game mechanics they'd like me to explain at all before we play?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

here are a few short vids that address some beginner questions, and i'm happy to answer any questions not addressed

loadout tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjMwBopeUo

survivors game demo 'ride along'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd41LVgJ3mg

supply raid and a ton of tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8-ddBV3_lM

many tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVakDchKCJY

plz note nobody should feel like it's a requirement to watch, this is just for the curious or bored and we'll mostly be playing nice relatively chill matches. however, there is enough nuance to the game that if you're new you may die in ways you don't quite understand at the hands of one of us. :grin:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 13, 2021

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

does anyone have any game mechanics they'd like me to explain at all before we play?

Are brick kills a thing in Factions? I want to kill someone with a brick.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Are brick kills a thing in Factions? I want to kill someone with a brick.

no bricks, only 2x4s and machetes

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

:rip: dreams, crushed like a head with a brick

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

and shivs of course

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider