Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

GD_American posted:

It was a definite "oh yeah that's right, these are definitely not my people" moment.

When I told my dad about it, he talked about when he just made warrant officer, and got friendly with a few of the officers in the wardroom, until a CW04 pulled him aside and told him quite plainly "they only let you eat there". Pours some cold water on you to be reminded of the difference between who you are friendly with, and who you are friends with.

I'd like to think that's not the case any more, but I haven't really been around a lot of warrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

piL posted:

I'd like to think that's not the case any more, but I haven't really been around a lot of warrants.

I never saw anything like that.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
The individual services have different cultures regarding Warrants. They're generally very highly regarded in the Navy, and the USMC warrants are basically never going to be disrespected. Army has lots of warrant officers in comparison to the maritime services tho, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're treated as an officer* rather than an officer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was gonna say I never met a skipper that wouldn't rip an ensign's rear end for making GBS threads on a warrant, but then I remembered I never met a warrant that would let them get away with it.

Mustangs get treated pretty well in the navy unless they're individually a piece of poo poo.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

boop the snoot posted:

I may be an rear end in a top hat for this, but I’d love for a mil base to be named after Obama just because of how chuds would react.

Even better would be if Bragg got renamed for Obama, or one of the big Texas bases.

Why would you name a base after man who never served in uniform?

Now, we need the USS Richard M. Nixon.

What sailor wouldn't want to serve on the Tricky Dick?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjOG5gboFU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In CPAC news, a woman running for governor of California for the face eating leopards party found out earlier today that leopards still eat faces.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

In CPAC news, a woman running for governor of California for the face eating leopards party found out earlier today that leopards still eat faces.

In what way specifically?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CainFortea posted:

In what way specifically?

Caitlyn Jenner was deadnamed, called a lot of transphobic slurs, and was ran out of CPAC.

Not inlining the video in case people are autoplaying and don't really care to hear assholes being assholes.

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1413880964107980800

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 10, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Caitlyn Jenner was deadnamed and called a lot of transphobic slurs at CPAC.

I don’t know how to feel about this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

boop the snoot posted:

I feel awful for anyone to get treated in such a lovely way.

I do not feel awful for her individually because she is a piece of poo poo.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah, I feel bad when trans people are abused in such ways, especially because like, a solid third of my core group of friends are trans and have experienced such hatred before.

Regardless of gender identity and hardships they've experienced due to it though, Republicans can gently caress off into a superdeep borehole forever. Especially because their ultraconservative nonsense is partially responsible for the widespread abuse of minorities of all sorts.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

All of these people loving suck

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Caitlyn Jenner deserves to be shunned forever, but not because of her gender identity.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kazinsal posted:

Caitlyn Jenner deserves to be shunned forever, but not because of her gender identity.

I agree with this post. That's why I didn't inline anything or post the actual words used. It's lovely even when done to a lovely person.

That's why I preferred to phrase it as another version of someone realizing that they do actually have a face that leopards like to eat.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, it’s not that hard to say *she’s* a massive piece of poo poo who sucks, which some people either don’t or won’t understand because most of the world is still a relatively transphobic place. IDGAF about her individually though, and the CPAC crowd that was rotten to her can also go die in a fire.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Am I a bad person for wanting to see CPAC live and in-person?

US Berder Patrol posted:

The individual services have different cultures regarding Warrants. They're generally very highly regarded in the Navy, and the USMC warrants are basically never going to be disrespected. Army has lots of warrant officers in comparison to the maritime services tho, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they're treated as an officer* rather than an officer.

He was a Navy warrant from 1964 to 1992; warrants were in a weird spot of being professionally respected but socially frozen out, as they weren't one of the actual nobility. More of a valuable commoner.

Mustangs actually faced a tremendous amount of disrespect and bullshit back then. I'd imagine the culture changed across all services as they got more common (it was rare back then); I know when I was in my last year in doing TRADOC cadre for the Signal Officers' Basic Course, I was shocked at how high the percentage of 2LTs were prior enlisted.

GD_American fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 10, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Here, let the chapo boys punch themselves in the dicks so you don't have to.

294 - CPAC: Judgment Days (3/4/19)
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/4WCVa

I spent about 5 minutes at a Michele Bachmann campaign event with my great-grandma in 2012 and we dipped out almost immediately because the Nuremburg vibes were unmistakable. Also counted at least 5 dudes in completely sweat-yellowed pinstripe seersucker.

At least Mike Huckabee gave away popcorn at his thing and expressed some kind of positive goals, Bachmann's was just a stark undecorated hotel ballroom boiling over with white rage and we didn't even stick around for anyone to begin speaking.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 10, 2021

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm sad they didn't do a post-trump CPAC

But they were on so many drugs for this one Christman was tripping balls

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Also Mike Huckabee bears a startling resemblance to spongebob squarepants in real life, just the dewiest huge eyes I've ever gotten lost in

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

shame on an IGA posted:

Also Mike Huckabee bears a startling resemblance to spongebob squarepants in real life, just the dewiest huge eyes I've ever gotten lost in

Shame Sarah only got half his eyes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mr. Nice! posted:

Shame Sarah only got half his eyes.
As a trumpist, she needs to jump into a wood chipper

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Platystemon posted:

https://twitter.com/CAMcGrady/status/1413885054586167300

Lee retreats, riding his steed Jeff Davis.

Seriously, that was the horse’s original name.

Grant's horse was Jeff Davis because it was taken from Jeff Davis' plantation in Mississippi.

Lee's favorite horse was Traveler.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

On one hand, this is a self-own on par with Ashley Babbit on Jan 6, and

Grip it and rip it posted:

All of these people loving suck

but on the other hand,

Kazinsal posted:

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 10, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

GD_American posted:

Am I a bad person for wanting to see CPAC live and in-person?

It really depends on if your brain can stop from eating itself.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1413612849952395265

The website should only be opened in incognito mode, it's some serious brokebrained poo poo.

quote:

Secret Satanic Sacrifices (condensed)

The entire Democrat Party of today is wildly exposed in our video, Secret Satanic Sacrifices, as being connected to three pivotal Occult sacrifices in the 20th Century. They are:

1)The Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., in Memphis, TN, on April 4, 1968.

2)The (intended?) crash of JFK, Jr’s small plane on July 16, 1999.

3)A White Catholic Heterosexual Virgin named Mary -the Virgin Mary -sacrificed at the Dawn of the Space Age, two days AFTER the Moon Launch and two days BEFORE the Moon Landing.Watch the video and learn how the late Senator Ted Kennedy may now be thought of as the “Original Zodiac Killer”.

In Honor of Our Beloved Rush Limbaugh

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

In honor of our beloved Rush Limbaugh

Thank you for reminding me that he is dead. Much like Rumsfeld, we can mourn his life and celebrate his death :unsmith:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Platystemon posted:

Japan has some weird attitudes about birth control. I don’t know enough about it to know if they’re in play here, but maybe.

For example, Japan didn’t approve hormonal birth control pills till 1999.

Ironically this might end up being a stopped clock being right thing because there's a lot of of evidence that birth control side effects are more common and unpleasant than they would like you to believe.

For example a male contraceptive drug had development cancelled a few years ago because it gave men in studies depression, mood changes and increased libido, which are exactly like female contraceptive pill side effects that have existed for years. What is red flag for men is acceptable risk for women. The medical industry basically offloads responsibility and risk onto women to avoid pregnancy.

Knowing what I do now if I told every woman starting birth control that there's a 10% chance it will cause depression or mood swings, can cause breast tenderness making them painful to touch, cause cystic acne breakouts even in grown rear end women, gives you a non zero chance of getting a deadly blood clot that gives you an indeterminate additional risk of taking the AstraZeneca shot, give you dry eyes, decrease your vaginal lubrication and reduce your libido just so a dude doesn't have to use a rubber that you wouldn't even notice anyway well, I really doubt I would have dispensed many packs and then get yelled at by corporate for cutting into their reliable BCP sales.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Eej posted:

Ironically this might end up being a stopped clock being right thing because there's a lot of of evidence that birth control side effects are more common and unpleasant than they would like you to believe.

For example a male contraceptive drug had development cancelled a few years ago because it gave men in studies depression, mood changes and increased libido, which are exactly like female contraceptive pill side effects that have existed for years. What is red flag for men is acceptable risk for women. The medical industry basically offloads responsibility and risk onto women to avoid pregnancy.

Knowing what I do now if I told every woman starting birth control that there's a 10% chance it will cause depression or mood swings, can cause breast tenderness making them painful to touch, cause cystic acne breakouts even in grown rear end women, gives you a non zero chance of getting a deadly blood clot that gives you an indeterminate additional risk of taking the AstraZeneca shot, give you dry eyes, decrease your vaginal lubrication and reduce your libido just so a dude doesn't have to use a rubber that you wouldn't even notice anyway well, I really doubt I would have dispensed many packs and then get yelled at by corporate for cutting into their reliable BCP sales.

honestly, I wouldn't trust the men using the condom to get it right considering the rate of failure with them is basically entirely because men can't figure out how to work a plastic bag

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Eej posted:

A lot of it comes down to the unfortunate reality that consequences from pregnancy are often worse and women aren't always in a position to refuse sex or enforce birth control use by men.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I wish there was an effective birth control for men. Mostly because I believe in personal responsibility, but also because it shouldn't have to be all on the ladies.

Unrelated- pretty sure i just got deleted from on FB by a friend when I called him out for misgendering Zoey Tur (I am terrible with names- the former SEAL who told Shapiro that if he misgendered her again, he'd go home in an ambulance). I did get him riled by correcting him when he said he'd kick her rear end if she touched him, and pointing out she has killed more men than women he has kissed. He's a really kind hearted dude, just stuck in that Right Wing Eco System. I say that, because we've had little chats, and he's come around on things when we have talked on certain subjects. While I don't think he is a bad person per se, I'd be a poo poo friend if I didn't call him on his bullshit.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would 100% take birth control if you could give it to me in a pill form.

instead I just use my personality

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The rhythm method. Tried. Trusted. All-Natural.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
what if your pullout game is really on point

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
The other part of the equation is just how male vs female sex hormone systems work. It's easier and less disruptive to the endocrine system for women to just have something effectively holding down the "off" button, since their sex hormones work in a cyclical fashion. Dudes is a whole nother matter, when you've got a system designed to stay "on" in a consistent state the whole time it's a lot more of a pain in the rear end (potentially literally) to get sperm production shut down in a reliably reversible way. I wish I could say it's just a practical consideration based on that difference in biology that places the burden of a disrupted endocrine system and the fun mental and physical health issues that potentially arise from it on women, but we all know that isn't more than a convenient part of the story for a lot of people.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
At one point they were working on a reversible injected vasectomy but I think it never left the trials stage. I’d get one if I were in a relationship and if it were an option.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kazinsal posted:

At one point they were working on a reversible injected vasectomy but I think it never left the trials stage. I’d get one if I were in a relationship and if it were an option.

Sounds like a bad time.

Also just lol if you need contraception instead of living in a constant state of anxiety.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

bulletsponge13 posted:

I wish there was an effective birth control for men. Mostly because I believe in personal responsibility, but also because it shouldn't have to be all on the ladies.

There could have been! The article I linked to is from 2015 and it was a drug that had 96% effectiveness for male contraception they just threw it all out because it gave the men female birth control pill side effects and that was unacceptable.

This is a thing that can happen there's just too much misogyny in medicine.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Sounds like a bad time.

:stonkhat:

quote:

Also just lol if you need contraception instead of living in a constant state of anxiety.

Can’t argue with that. Everyone is always like “you’ll eventually meet someone and settle down” and I’m just thinking “yeah you tell me how to do that and I’ll do my best to not gently caress it up because I’m as socially astute as I am rich”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
My insurance covers vasectomies at 100% (reversals are covered at 0%!), so my first consult is Thursday. Would've had it done last year, but I didn't want to potentially get a snip and COVID at the same time. If I change my mind, I can adopt, and my younger brother is already talking about having a second kid in a few years to keep my parents happy.

I figure abortion will be partially-outlawed in the country in about a year or two, so better to be shooting blanks before then.