Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I just watched both of those Johnny Silver matches y'all posted: SO good!

Watching AEW has me interested in watching the silly little indie wrestling shows here in CT. I can't wait. One promotion here had a dude whose gimmick was that he was Amish. He'd churn butter in the ring.

Levi Everett! He's so good, and apparently in real life just a lovely person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nah, gently caress him. When MLW came back, he had a match against Myron Reed, and he basically pulled an Ivelisse. He was so lazy, so apathetic in that match that it turned me off of him. I get that he didn't want to be in MLW anymore, but you don't take it out on your opponent. At one point, he threw a clothesline where he barely bothered to lift his arm. It was so disrespectful to Reed, who's busting his rear end off to put on a match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MLW basically pays Lucha Underground money so I don't blame him at all.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He should have gone the full Bruiser Brody and sat cross legged in the middle of the ring, or marched around it a few times before heading back to back

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Pillman Jr sucks, and Griff and Julia deserve a better partner

Pillman Jr is fine, Julia is still very green, and Griff is going to outgrow this act within a year.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
that literally didn't happen and anyone can just go and watch the match, you know

he just looks green and gassed

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If Griff Garrison ever reaches the main event he needs to give MJF his comeuppance for humiliating him

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

Pillman Jr is fine, Julia is still very green, and Griff is going to outgrow this act within a year.

Griff/Pillman hair vs hair to end the Varsity gimmick is a must.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Nah, gently caress him. When MLW came back, he had a match against Myron Reed, and he basically pulled an Ivelisse. He was so lazy, so apathetic in that match that it turned me off of him. I get that he didn't want to be in MLW anymore, but you don't take it out on your opponent. At one point, he threw a clothesline where he barely bothered to lift his arm. It was so disrespectful to Reed, who's busting his rear end off to put on a match.

Okay, if it's the match from 19th November, I just watched it and I'm really not seeing what you're seeing. Reed is working a more energetic style, and there's a couple of times where Pillman doesn't sell offense much, but he works the whole match. There's some awkward spots, but pulling an ivelisse would imply he just stopped working or tried to sabotage the match or his opponent, rather than the match just not being very good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pillman still has room to grow but he's a hundred times better than he was in MLW during the run with Teddy and Davey. He had an absolute stinker of a match with Tommy Dreamer and he hasn't come anywhere close to anything that bad in AEW.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pillman is basically a wrestling Golden Retriever, and AEW is probably the best spot for him if he’s going to meaningfully get better. I do think it’s weird they’ve apparently locked down Julia so quickly relative to other women they’ve brought back for Dark, but she does give them the little extra oomph they needed to click as a team.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Pillman is basically a wrestling Golden Retriever, and AEW is probably the best spot for him if he’s going to meaningfully get better. I do think it’s weird they’ve apparently locked down Julia so quickly relative to other women they’ve brought back for Dark, but she does give them the little extra oomph they needed to click as a team.

Julia is a Nightmare Factory student

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I seem to remember Pillman and Garrison pushing pretty hard to add Julia to the act and the idea coming from them, because they thought a cheerleader would round out their varsity gimmick perfectly

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

Julia is a Nightmare Factory student

Oh, yeah, I know that much, I just didn’t think Cody-nepotism points were necessarily worth that much given whats made it to TV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If Griff Garrison ever reaches the main event he needs to give MJF his comeuppance for humiliating him

Griff/Jungle Boy feud when?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Oh, yeah, I know that much, I just didn’t think Cody-nepotism points were necessarily worth that much given whats made it to TV.

It's not Cody nepotism points. Do you think when people get out of the performance center onto NXT that's HHH nepotism? It's literally a school founded to be a place to get new young talent from.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Lamuella posted:

I seem to remember Pillman and Garrison pushing pretty hard to add Julia to the act and the idea coming from them, because they thought a cheerleader would round out their varsity gimmick perfectly

Not only that, but get this... The powers that be didn't agree, but let them do it anyway to see if it would work.

AEW is from some other planet.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Graduating from the Factory got her foot in the door, but she very luckily has a gimmick that's a perfect fit for the Varsity Blonds, who are already over. Putting her with them was BPJ's idea, it was successful on Dark, so now she gets matches on Dynamite.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's literally a school founded to be a place to get new young talent from.

Kind of but it's also explicitly not intended to be the pipeline to AEW unless they've changed their stance in the last few months.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Pillman still has room to grow but he's a hundred times better than he was in MLW during the run with Teddy and Davey. He had an absolute stinker of a match with Tommy Dreamer and he hasn't come anywhere close to anything that bad in AEW.

Also not sure having a good match with Tommy is possible at this point

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There are so many schools to draw from with Spears, Nightmare Factory, Big Dustin's school, Sydal's dojo..any others left?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

There are so many schools to draw from with Spears, Nightmare Factory, Big Dustin's school, Sydal's dojo..any others left?

Thunder Rosa has the dog pound, and there are a bunch of Create a Pro wrestlers around but I don't know who runs that.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Griff/Jungle Boy feud when?

Who the gently caress is Jungle Boy?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thunder Rosa has the dog pound, and there are a bunch of Create a Pro wrestlers around but I don't know who runs that.

Brian Myers and Pat Buck I think.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Didn't Billy Gunn have a school at some point? I know Kilynn King credits him with at least some of her training.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Alex Reynolds a Create-A-Pro trainer? IIRC he trained Max Caster which led to a really funny entrance rap

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billy trained ya motha

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grem posted:

Not only that, but get this... The powers that be didn't agree, but let them do it anyway to see if it would work.

AEW is from some other planet.

Three blond athletes will never work in wrestling!

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

fawning deference posted:

I live in CT. Who is this person.

Took me a minute, but I found him: Zachariah Gibbs!

https://youtu.be/MKvjB2E5YU8

I FULLY plan to start going to Paradise Alley Pro Wrestling shows this year haha

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Took me a minute, but I found him: Zachariah Gibbs!

https://youtu.be/MKvjB2E5YU8

I FULLY plan to start going to Paradise Alley Pro Wrestling shows this year haha

zach gibbs is real good, PAPW is a fun time

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I also live in CT, maybe we should all go to a show and drink at each other

NEW is also a lot of fun

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I kind of want a one-off appearance of Aiden English showing up to rehash the Rusev day, Miro initially seems enthralled and then puts him in the gamer lock while the crowd hoots and hollers.
Beat him down and then "forgive him".

Miro/Kip/Aiden as a trios team could have legs. I do actually want to see Miro as a face though, he's a really likeable dude when he's not in a forgiving mood and I'd love a weird team where Miro is face but everyone thinks he's going to snap back into Redeemer mode.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Cage Kicker posted:

I also live in CT, maybe we should all go to a show and drink at each other

NEW is also a lot of fun

I'd love to meet up at some local shows. I'll be travelling for work for the next PAPW show (July 17th), but I think Ima try to hit the August one (August 28th).

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

I think they should add Sonny Kiss as their singles midcarder once the Bad Romance angle is over.

Davros1 posted:

Reed is one guy who I really hope gets a look by AEW, even in a Dark or Elevation capacity. He's still pretty young too so he's got a lot of career ahead of him.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

sticklefifer posted:

I think they should add Sonny Kiss as their singles midcarder once the Bad Romance angle is over.

Reed is one guy who I really hope gets a look by AEW, even in a Dark or Elevation capacity. He's still pretty young too so he's got a lot of career ahead of him.

I wonder why he hasn't been brought in already just for a look.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder why he hasn't been brought in already just for a look.

Probably just a matter of someone recommending him

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Are MLW guys even allowed to work AEW with the new contracts?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

Are MLW guys even allowed to work AEW with the new contracts?

I think Pillman was?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think Pillman was?
Pillman had an old contract, is sort of Pylons point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

AEW veteran Danny Limelight appeared on tonight's MLW wrestling Battle Riot tapings, and we can confirm he's signed a multi-year deal with MLW. Limelight is finished with All Elite Wrestling for the time being, and AEW sources confirmed that he was on a tiered contract, and that the door is open for a return down the line. Limelight is permitted to appear on NJPW and select other appearances as a part of the deal, we're told. Those in All Elite Wrestling that we spoke to put over Danny Limelight's work ethic in the ring.

Huh, this is interesting.