Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I hope they do the thing Cage and Silver did in PWG where they switched move sets

Edit: if you haven't seen it and that sounds good, it's better than it sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvY-Ue1rfMQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Artelier posted:

So I assume this is common knowledge and assume they're both AEW wrestlers now but I have no idea who these are.

EDIT: Wait I got it, because of the mask Evil Uno, so the other person must be STU WITH HAIR???

Alternatively the mask person is Penta Zero Coolness. Which is, you know. Impossible.

It is Uno and Stu (then Dos). They loving ruled back then.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Deathlove posted:

It is Uno and Stu (then Dos). They loving ruled back then.

They rule then, now, and forever.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

I hope they do the thing Cage and Silver did in PWG where they switched move sets

Edit: if you haven't seen it and that sounds good, it's better than it sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvY-Ue1rfMQ

Silver's indy gimmick was cruiserweight that thinks and IS a super heavyweight.

here's Keith Lee vs John Silver that has some similar energy where Silver Think he's a Hoss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JFBM0-utY

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 10, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fuego still making that paper :unsmith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MorningMoon posted:

Now that most of the spoiler thread stuff is announced, very curious about regular Dark because, as you can see, it's over ten freaking matches on Dark:Elevation, and nothing was filmed for Dark.
Isn't Dark Classic supposed to go into a different format/venue now anyway?

Nea posted:

I will say i think this is a flaw and that AEW should have more poo poo that's just weird in it, but that's personal taste. I would /love/ if Kris Stat was just an alien. I got in with lucha underground and it's left me a craving. Hopefully Malakai and Abadon, once she gets called up to the main show, get more of that in there.

If you liked LU, start watching MLW. Dario's there as the same character under a new name, and putting together a new spinoff show that's supposed to show up this autumn. It's basically "What's Azteca Underground doing in the MLW Zone" but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
A friend/coworker of mine told me that Orange Cassidy was coming to some convention around here, this prompted another coworker to go "oh poo poo, I love that guy. He's brilliant."

This dude has said multiple times that he doesn't like wrestling at all and will do an exaggerated eye roll when it comes up. The eye roll stuff is just him messing around, but the dislike is genuine. Not a huge deal or anything, but I did find it interesting.

The first guy is someone I've been friends with for about 15 years and across two separate jobs. He's never showed any interest in wrestling either, but he's been slowly getting into AEW after I sent him some Best Friends videos. I thought their weird sense of humor would click with him and I ended being right.

Im glad wrestling is fun again and I can do stuff like this. I would've never sent anyone WWE stuff from around the early 2010's when I stopped watching.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Artelier posted:

Alternatively the mask person is Penta Zero Coolness. Which is, you know. Impossible.

I think you’ll find Penta still wears the godawful Joker getup, actually

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I hope Malakai Black is going to team with his cousin Baron.
In a three-way tag team match vs. Brian and Christian Cage and Adam and Ethan Page

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

smarxist posted:

saw this on twitter, oh man our boys have come so far!

Okay that's Sami Zayn but why is Kevin Owens wearing a mask?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I really miss Silver. Really hope he is back being a loving fast cannon ball in the ring.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Zombie Lemur posted:

A friend/coworker of mine told me that Orange Cassidy was coming to some convention around here, this prompted another coworker to go "oh poo poo, I love that guy. He's brilliant."

This dude has said multiple times that he doesn't like wrestling at all and will do an exaggerated eye roll when it comes up. The eye roll stuff is just him messing around, but the dislike is genuine. Not a huge deal or anything, but I did find it interesting.

The first guy is someone I've been friends with for about 15 years and across two separate jobs. He's never showed any interest in wrestling either, but he's been slowly getting into AEW after I sent him some Best Friends videos. I thought their weird sense of humor would click with him and I ended being right.

Im glad wrestling is fun again and I can do stuff like this. I would've never sent anyone WWE stuff from around the early 2010's when I stopped watching.

Orange is a great wrestling ambassador for people in their 20s and 30s, in my experience. I've had similar luck with the Lucha Bros. and, more recently, AEW Dark's commentary.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

sticklefifer posted:

The only format change stuff that TK has said that i'm finding is that Rampage will take over as the go-home show, so no more DOUBLEDARK.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

a cyborg mug posted:

I think you’ll find Penta still wears the godawful Joker getup, actually

Penta El Zero Moda

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

sticklefifer posted:

If you liked LU, start watching MLW. Dario's there as the same character under a new name, and putting together a new spinoff show that's supposed to show up this autumn. It's basically "What's Azteca Underground doing in the MLW Zone" but hey, I'll take what I can get.

I haven't started MLW yet, but as soon as that spinoff show appears I'm going to be watching it religiously, believe you me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

Orange is a great wrestling ambassador for people in their 20s and 30s, in my experience. I've had similar luck with the Lucha Bros. and, more recently, AEW Dark's commentary.

AEW Dark commentary corpsing is my new favorite Botchamania segment. Taz is a treasure.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll never get tired of saying that ExCal and Taz are my favourite commentary duo. You can see they like what they do and they have so much fun with it. I also enjoy Ricky Starks joining them.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MorningMoon posted:

The only format change stuff that TK has said that i'm finding is that Rampage will take over as the go-home show, so no more DOUBLEDARK.

In be one of the NYC announcement interviews he did, he talked about how he’d be buying a location to tape Dark and Elevation would tape at Dynamite.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I called my dad to talk about Jesus Christ superstar and what he thought of it and what my grandma thought about it when it came out in 73. While talking he brought up AEW.

He and my grandpa are really upset at those sneaky elite for always cheating and can't wait for Hangman to beat Kenny for the title :)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
called to discuss Jesus Christ. ended up discussing Kenny Omega. checks out.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1413879433627279367

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've always heard them called casket matches not coffin matches. This is one of the various ways AEW is killing the business.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

I've always heard them called casket matches not coffin matches. This is one of the various ways AEW is killing the business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zw71NDBt1Q

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shard posted:

I called my dad to talk about Jesus Christ superstar and what he thought of it and what my grandma thought about it when it came out in 73. While talking he brought up AEW.

He and my grandpa are really upset at those sneaky elite for always cheating and can't wait for Hangman to beat Kenny for the title :)

We likely have some good news for them in September

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK, will Ethan Page first yeet Darby and then stuff him in the coffin

OR

stuff him in the coffin, then yeet the coffin?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He will be yeeted into the coffin

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nick Jr. Face posted:

He will be yeeted into the coffin

Two point or three point range?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pillman is now officially signed as his MLW contract wrapped up.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK, will Ethan Page first yeet Darby and then stuff him in the coffin

OR

stuff him in the coffin, then yeet the coffin?

Sort of hoping for a repeat of the dumbest best spot of all time when Shunma Katsumata did a frog splash into a coffin filled with barbed wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11b-aRxL7NE&t=863s

Ganso Bomb posted:

Weird that he'd want to work for the company where he's been interesting and fun to watch instead of the one where he was boring as poo poo.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

MLW having contracts will never not be funny to me

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I kind of want a one-off appearance of Aiden English showing up to rehash the Rusev day, Miro initially seems enthralled and then puts him in the gamer lock while the crowd hoots and hollers.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I just watched both of those Johnny Silver matches y'all posted: SO good!

Watching AEW has me interested in watching the silly little indie wrestling shows here in CT. I can't wait. One promotion here had a dude whose gimmick was that he was Amish. He'd churn butter in the ring.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I kind of want a one-off appearance of Aiden English showing up to rehash the Rusev day, Miro initially seems enthralled and then puts him in the gamer lock while the crowd hoots and hollers.

Yeah, I get the impression he'd love to do some stuff with AEW. His mother in law in there, and his wife did a couple of announcing gigs for the women's tournament, so there are some connections.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

im the dumb mark i guess

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Watching AEW has me interested in watching the silly little indie wrestling shows here in CT. I can't wait. One promotion here had a dude whose gimmick was that he was Amish. He'd churn butter in the ring.

Sounds like Levi Everett who I've seen people claim is actually Amish and not just Amish for a gimmick? Not sure how true that actually is.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I live in CT. Who is this person.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

MLW having contracts will never not be funny to me

Especially the idea that they have Exclusive Contracts cause there's no way they can afford to pay a half-decent wage, like how Lucha Underground would sign people to exclusive deals despite the fact they'd film entire seasons in like one week and then the wrestlers would just be hosed for the rest of the year unless they also worked AAA.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pillman Jr sucks, and Griff and Julia deserve a better partner

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Davros1 posted:

Pillman Jr sucks, and Griff and Julia deserve a better partner

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU