Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

External Organs posted:

I'm looking forward to D4. Do we know if consoles are gonna have crossplay with PC yet? I know they added in the D3 console dodge thing to everyone.

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was a stated design goal, but grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Polygon got a hold of an extra screenshot (of a Rogue):

The customization in this game is going to be pretty awesome.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Orc Priest posted:

Polygon got a hold of an extra screenshot (of a Rogue):

The customization in this game is going to be pretty awesome.

Looks oddly familiar...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’d hate for you folks to think of me as a sap or a simple boob, but those screenshots have pushed me fully past “Interested and excited” to “Holy gently caress I am so loving hyped show me the Druid stuff Blizzard YOU BASTARDS!!!!”

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bust Rodd posted:

I’d hate for you folks to think of me as a sap or a simple boob, but those screenshots have pushed me fully past “Interested and excited” to “Holy gently caress I am so loving hyped show me the Druid stuff Blizzard YOU BASTARDS!!!!”

I also can't wait to bash poo poo and have stuff fly all over the screen. Diablo is good.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

It's fine to get excited. I want the game to be good. They just haven't shown me enough to get hype yet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dameius posted:

It's fine to get excited. I want the game to be good. They just haven't shown me enough to get hype yet.

Yeah :same:

I don't really care as much about the art as the gameplay, itemization and endgame. Haven't really seen enough of that yet to get me on board just yet. Sounds like they're going to speak to the endgame in the next couple updates so I'll be curious what great ideas they will unveil (that PoE will steal and implement in 3 months). :v:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Yeah :same:

I don't really care as much about the art as the gameplay, itemization and endgame. Haven't really seen enough of that yet to get me on board just yet. Sounds like they're going to speak to the endgame in the next couple updates so I'll be curious what great ideas they will unveil (that PoE will steal and implement in 3 months). :v:

Yeah I can get used to any art style that is uniform and applied with skill, which I am sure D4 will have because that has never been a problem area. I just have to roll my eyes at how hard they went out of their way to place the art style in contrast to D3 at the start.

Since Barbie Doll Mode is the most important part of the game next to the gameplay loop, I was happy at seeing them present robust systems for this very important part of the game.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

PTR has closed. How long does a Season typically start after the PTR closes? I haven't played in awhile. Any chance of it being next weekend (9th-11th) or after (16th-18th)?

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1410719987170488320

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

PTR has closed. How long does a Season typically start after the PTR closes? I haven't played in awhile. Any chance of it being next weekend (9th-11th) or after (16th-18th)?

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1410719987170488320

Probably around the start of August. They'll likely announce a season end first then a couple weeks after that the new season starts.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Typically 1-2 weeks, but with the 4th this weekend it could be 3.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
The 16th is the earliest possibility for a new season, the 23rd is pretty likely the way they've timed the last few seasons.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I feel like Blizzard doesn't really want to go head-to-head with the PoE league dates (unlike WoW, which was at least for awhile the clear market leader and had a knack for pushing things on other MMOGs' release dates/patch dates), which would be a point against the 23rd.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

The 16th is the earliest possibility for a new season, the 23rd is pretty likely the way they've timed the last few seasons.

Well there's a holiday weekend coming so if past seasons are any indication...

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Incoherence posted:

I feel like Blizzard doesn't really want to go head-to-head with the PoE league dates (unlike WoW, which was at least for awhile the clear market leader and had a knack for pushing things on other MMOGs' release dates/patch dates), which would be a point against the 23rd.

No problem, you can finish all the content D3 has to offer while you wait in Queue for the PoE servers, and in between league start crashes/bugs/server problems. :v:

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Season 23 ending the 18th. Likely means s24 on the 23rd, could be the 30th but when has Blizzard cared what GGG does.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
That's a wrap.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Can't follow that act.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Holy poo poo haha

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Season 24 starts 7/23.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

quote:

Rabid Strike: Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a nearby target with 350-450% increased damage for free.

WoL lives

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
this a good pet

we also get two free conquests with another two that are relatively easy, so that's nice

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'll still do the journey but this feels real bad this season. Pet is neat but they didn't change anything about collecting all the ethereals (all or nothing for the mogs) and the starting sets are the worst and/or not fun for pretty much every class. Yikes.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
poo poo, an Unraveller! 👀

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

I'll still do the journey but this feels real bad this season. Pet is neat but they didn't change anything about collecting all the ethereals (all or nothing for the mogs) and the starting sets are the worst and/or not fun for pretty much every class. Yikes.

I am debating playing this season or not the starting sets being this bad is really making me question it. Do I roll barb then IK until WW or deal with the garbage that is the DH set this season?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

IKs an easy start at least.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

External Organs posted:

I know they added in the D3 console dodge thing to everyone.
Wait, what? When did that happen!?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yeah I dunno about that

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

FFT posted:

Wait, what? When did that happen!?

I think they said they are designing D4 with console/pc parity in mind which isn't the same thing but you could get that from the statement.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Holy poo poo I need that pet

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Oh, okay

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Updated OP Booster post with new info.

Is Spider-Chicken the fastest gift set for turbo-farming?

Also what is the coolest Trag Ouhl’s build atm?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Saw this method for farming ethereals that's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPdktuhNFk

Basically get to level 12 with any character, then make a game and invite a higher level (16+, at least 4 levels above you) player in and then leave and bring back in whatever character you want to farm ethereals on. Can be a level 70 or a lower level dude, just has to be 16+. Game locks the level at 12 so chance of ethereals is higher with the lower amount of items in the loot pool. Looks like you can probably have them in under and hour (per class) or so like this because the difficulty is still set at level 12 also. It's a bit tedious but way better than fulling gearing up 7 classes or whatever just for the cheeve.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Even assuming it's technically faster by the math, grinding rifts without at least some movement abilities would be so mind numbingly boring that having a level 70 of each class is still very much A Thing. At least you won't have to gear each of them up into a full T16 speed build, plenty of class-neutral items that make everybody go fast you can recycle when difficulty isn't a concern.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

If I'm understanding the mechanics of that way to farm, wouldn't it be faster to start a level 12 game, with your buddy, and both of you just cycle through the other classes? As you get the three etherials you need?

Edit: nm I'm dumb. That's kinda exactly what he's saying.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 11, 2021

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Swilo posted:

Even assuming it's technically faster by the math, grinding rifts without at least some movement abilities would be so mind numbingly boring that having a level 70 of each class is still very much A Thing. At least you won't have to gear each of them up into a full T16 speed build, plenty of class-neutral items that make everybody go fast you can recycle when difficulty isn't a concern.

You level up really fast and will get the movement stuff fairly quick. Them have in geom cubed. He suggests it in the video and the damage from dashing strike alone was one shotting everything.

If you want to grind them out, cool.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
For the new season, which set is the most OP for a casual player?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Target Practice posted:

For the new season, which set is the most OP for a casual player?

I'd say at best there are mediocre sets, everyone is going to be thrown away for a meta set. If I had to pick I'd say monk, demon hunter, barbarian, and witch doctor have the better starting sets. With maybe barbarian being the easiest because IK is just add big numbers and would be slightly easier to work in random legendaries.

I'm still going monk. Uliana is fun, there's the Inna set rework. and wave of light builds getting a pretty big buff. If you play in groups it might be easier to leech gear because monk will probably be the most common class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
The only use I have for gift sets this season is getting the IK set dungeon cleared for the journey. Also, if anybody wants to try to set up a group for the start of the season, I just opened a room in the D3 Goons Discord for that.