Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
this track fuckin slaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I am Old and gettin' sleepy but these final runs are gonna own so it's coffee time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

They could do it but it's a pretty tall ask since they've only got 1.5 hours or so

Plus the however long the warpless no wrong warp run will be.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
10k from fangamer

yeah we're gettin there

edit: followed immediately by another 10k

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Was that second $10k from a private individual?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Comrade Fakename posted:

Was that second $10k from a private individual?

They get a couple of those each event

"Pants-squach" made one on like Tuesday

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

Remember that time that Notch got all mad that people found out that he was actually a shithead and said he was never donating again?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm sure there will be another $10k drop from Yetee as well. When do the Twitch/Prime subs get added in, during the finale?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Cernunnos posted:

is that a side business of the Yetee?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm sure there will be another $10k drop from Yetee as well. When do the Twitch/Prime subs get added in, during the finale?

Well it is more getting it done before KH2 starts so the run gets upgraded. They'll hit 2.5 no matter what, I think.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Yeah they usually tally all that up near the end of the Finale or in the Wrap-Up celebration

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think they threw them in earlier back in 2019 to help juice the push for 3 million.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Cernunnos posted:

Yeah that was the Yetee.

Tayter Swift posted:

I'd guess they'll dump them in towards the end of this run to meet the last incentive if it hasn't been met-- if it has, they'll hold off until a $3 million push.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Wrex Ruckus posted:

is that a side business of the Yetee?

Yetee came in with a 10k of their own like 15 minutes later

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

KKKLIP ART posted:

Remember that time that Notch got all mad that people found out that he was actually a shithead and said he was never donating again?

I just remember when they read out a $10k donation and people started cheering until the announcer read it was from Notch.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

pairofdimes posted:

I just remember when they read out a $10k donation and people started cheering until the announcer read it was from Notch.

Yeah I think that is what pushed him over the edge as far as donating to GDQ goes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What are they focusing on points for?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

pairofdimes posted:

Timestamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbKrMvwzQI&t=7240s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i love this energy from haxor and mitch. very chill but fun

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

holy poo poo UA

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hollllly poo poo UA

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Lol giving em a novel

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gonna need another strategic donation to hit 2.5 before KH i think, even with the stalling i expect them to do

e: there's one

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 11, 2021

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

What are they focusing on points for?

Point totals trigger the N-card, which can spawn in their path and cost time. So they try to manipulate who spawns it so it won't be in a bad location.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

usually with gdq final nights i say they will find a way to hit 2.3 before 7-7 but they're just not getting donations in fast enough

e: yep not met. wah wah.

it'll be embarrassing if they don't meet the 2.5M for KH2 because they already interviewed the runner talking about lvl 1 critical assuming it was getting met

at the current donation rate they'll need at least another 45 minutes to hit 2.5M so it's doable, they'll just need to stall a bit

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 11, 2021

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Why does Mario get a tan when he puts on the hammer suit?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
What happens if you win a donation prize? Do you get emailed?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I love Mitch so much

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

don't want to catch those hands

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Legit surprised that it looks like we won't make the Level 1 Critical incentive, which is a shame because it's an incredible run.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kestral posted:

Legit surprised that it looks like we won't make the Level 1 Critical incentive, which is a shame because it's an incredible run.
mario maker 2 brought in a lot of donations back in 2019 so usually mario brings it. but this one was just a thud i guess? the donation per minute went down after the 7-7 incentive failed

the lesson learned for gdq is always have a zelda or anime game in the last few hours

e: i wonder if they planned that milestone hoping they would break the current GDQ record because 2.5M with 3 hours to go... would probably have put them on a trajectory above 3M

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 11, 2021

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Unless they "cheat" and dump in sub/bits now

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cernunnos posted:

Unless they "cheat" and dump in sub/bits now

I hope they do

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hope they do

:same:

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I would assume they make finale game selections based on other GDQ statistics, but I admit that I didn't personally feel excited for SMB3. Games like SMB3, Super Metroid, and OoT are fun enough, but I've seen them so many times... That's probably just me, though. I personally wish the SM64 70-star blindfolded run was the non-incentive finale, mostly because it was exceptionally well done and unique.

Here's to hoping they add the subs and bits!

Cernunnos posted:

Jhobz: "What if we cheat?"

:yeshaha:

broken pixel fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 11, 2021

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Jhobz: "What if we cheat?"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hope they do