Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Almost 5 years since Conor's last win at this weight. He should consider going to fight in Bellator against has beens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's gonna be pointing to the sign on 205 live when vince sees how tall he is lmao

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Dustin's speech was a perfect mix of being a humble, respectful dude and also throwing top-tier shade at the same time, potn.

Also promoting a charity and giving a really great heartfelt shoutout to a fan in the ring with cancer, leaving the ring while hugging his family while Conor is a beaten wreck on the ground whimpering while being cradled by Joe Rogan.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol that Conor will go straight to the hospital (I assume) and not get to bitch at the press conference. Social media meltdown will be a glory to behold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Marching Powder posted:

where else would the ambulance they're wheeling him to be parked

:lol:

God what a great finish to a great night.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1414080341485182976

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1414081641517969408?s=20

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

G-Hawk posted:

A man who's never managed a good interview really pulled it together for the big one

I think he just fit the occasion, sometimes you don't need clever words, just Southern passive-aggressive politeness and a mad Irish lad with a rubber ankle screaming YOU DIDN'T WIN I LOST!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Holy poo poo the replay of Dustin pointing at Conor's busted ankle when he checked it, knowing it was hosed, well before it snapped.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The injury was an absolute blessing for Conor because barring the freak incident that match was heading in the exact same direction as the previous one.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

What a great card. 5/6 on my parley and 4/5 on my last one. I love this sport because you never know. Can't wait for 265 I've got great loving seats. Give.me your picks goons I'm serious.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

They called him the "Galloping Gazelle..."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Gonna watch this card with two buddies coming over for smoked spareribs in 2 hours, which other fights were good on this?

prelims included

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He might finally have a chance of knocking Dustin out once again in the parking lot quadrilogy fight if he hits him with the cast his gammy foot will be in.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Gonna watch this card with two buddies coming over for smoked spareribs in 2 hours, which other fights were good on this?

prelims included

Price-Pereira was stupid fun

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1386292772777472009?s=20

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Aha the memes and Twitter burns already are great

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001
lol at DC saying Kellerman doesn't know what he's talking about

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1414081417785479168

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ahahahaha

gently caress I’m gonna have trouble winding down to sleep tonight, this card was crazy and the social media/salt from the main event aftermath is going to be so good

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mystic Mac is back, baby!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Unperson_47 posted:

Holy poo poo the replay of Dustin pointing at Conor's busted ankle when he checked it, knowing it was hosed, well before it snapped.

https://streamable.com/ac9fia

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The McGregor stans silence descends on SA once more.

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
Goddamn, his foot was a balloon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dana literally looking at the numbers for the night's gate and saying,"Nah that's not right" and just making up a number on the spot.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1414087819362922496?s=19

hell yeah let's get Dustin paid again

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
no actually that fight was pretty much finished

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Aight i've been digesting this, so, at first I was screaming at the TV and my friends how bullshit it was that Herb didn't stop the fight when Conor was laying there in fetal position getting his face beaten in for those last 15 seconds, and how angry I was that this might go to a doctor's stoppage and give Conor leverage for a fourth fight, but after some thought, this is the coolest thing that has ever happened ever.

HOW OFTEN, my friends, do you get to see a southern louisiana get literal death threats and really hosed up claims of dustin's wife sliding into his DMs and poo poo, telling him all these vile, lovely things, trying to kick him in the weighs ins, cheating during the fight, acting completely outside of the rules that all the athletes must adhere to, all leading to a 1st round stoppage getting his rear end kicked so bad he snaps his own foot, and we got to see a multi hundred-millionaire get hosed up so bad that he literally can't even stand up under his own power and has to be taken out of the arena in a stretcher. Dustin said Conor may have millions of dollars, but he can't buy heart and then Dustin tons of poo poo to him and Conor literally physically couldn't do a god drat thing about it than sit there and take it.

Dustin didn't beat conor, he nullified, humiliated and destroyed him. Conor isn't going to be able to walk on his own for possibly months and tbh I don't think we are ever going to see him in the octagon again after that. When would you ever get to see something so sweet and just and perfect? :discourse:

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

gently caress that, don't make a fourth fight just to sooth Conor and Dana's egos, throw Dustin into the title mix and let Conor stew in excuses til the end of time

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

chaleski posted:

gently caress that, don't make a fourth fight just to sooth Conor and Dana's egos, throw Dustin into the title mix and let Conor stew in excuses til the end of time

Conor is going to be out more than long enough for Dustin to get a title shot

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
lol, Dana will make this go to 6 fights if necessary

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

drat can't wait for Dustin and Conor to #FinishTheFight #Halo5 #UFC

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Aye Doc posted:

Conor is going to be out more than long enough for Dustin to get a title shot

Conor's dead, dude.

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Best card of the year. I will gladly watch dustin get another huge payday to maul conor again.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Lol at the thought of a fourth fight where Conor will be too gunshy to throw any leg kicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/NewCardSmell/status/1414082685430124551?s=20