Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We had references to Hu Tao long before she existed in-game, alluding to her being a weirdo and trying to bury Qiqi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Today's battle challenge was a lot of fun. Lots of enemies for lots of swirls and the effect clumping them up even without Venti is super satisfying.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Had some trouble with getting 2000+ points on the first challenge, though was fine on the second one. After a while I figured out that you don't need to shoot most of the targets; only enough to keep the gauge from running out. A couple times I spent too much time shooting them instead of killing enemies.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Had some trouble with getting 2000+ points on the first challenge, though was fine on the second one. After a while I figured out that you don't need to shoot most of the targets; only enough to keep the gauge from running out. A couple times I spent too much time shooting them instead of killing enemies.

The requirements for the second challenge is basically swirl everything and don't butter using electro so I found it much easier, got a high silver on the first try.

tpg0007
Aug 4, 2009

Kale posted:

My issue with gacha from a personal standpoint is less the monetary exploitation thing (since I just don't have an addictive personality in the slightest where it'd ever be an issue) so much as it's just decimated what Japan will consider as a game and what companies are willing to invest the most time and effort into developing, which is still often just basic cookie cutter auto battle JRPGs you play on your tiny little phone screen. It's pretty loving ridiculous that we live in a time of 4K Ultra HD resolutions and graphics on 60 inch televisions, high speed internet, detailed character modelling and shading tools that can now replicate things like cartoon/anime art styles and even hyper realistic graphics very well......and yet the country that basically popularized and revitalized the video game industry in the 80's after the legendary crash and it almost being considered a passing fad with Atari think for the better part of 7-8 years now that the ideal video game is high quality pixiv artists JPEG splash art collection with a popular voice actor attached to it.....that typically you don't even get to use in game since it'll often be a much easier to animate chibi version of the character twitchy undulating around a screen 2-3 frame attacking stuff for 7 digit figures of damage.

The fact that Genshin bridges the quality gap between traditional gacha and "real" games does throw people off. If CAPCOM decides to make the next Monster Hunter into a live service game with gacha elements then perhaps it's time to worry...

tpg0007 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 11, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Baal just got listed as a Sword user on Genshin's official discord.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think she was rumored to be a polearm user for awhile wasn't she?

But given she pulls a whole rear end sword out of her boobs in the trailer sword makes complete sense. And we don't have another sword electro besides Traveler.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Just another example of why leaks/rumors/datamining should be taken with a grain of salt. It's not even the first time that's happened, Albedo was originally datamined as a bow user back in the day and that ended up being wrong too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think she was rumored to be a polearm user for awhile wasn't she?

But given she pulls a whole rear end sword out of her boobs in the trailer sword makes complete sense. And we don't have another sword electro besides Traveler.

lmao rip Keqing

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Decided to start farming up a Thundering Fury set due to it getting mentioned a lot and Inazuma nearing. Is a team based around it wearing multiple sets or just the main DPS?

Re-asking because it was on the bottom of last page

Raiden's design is growing on me. I agreed with the sentiment when she first got leaked at how NPC-ish she looked. I think her RBF helps make her look more distinctive.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thundering Fury 4 piece is only really for Bennett for practical use, because of how super short his skill is and it's a free win against the Heralds in Abyss.

The new artifacts in Inazuma are just better for general use since it gives ER.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

My guess at Baal's whole deal is that she views the stasis of an unchanging eternity as unexciting, yes, but stable and secure. Visions are destabilizing elements, and they allow for ambitious people to make huge changes. So she wants to close the borders, remove the tools that could be used to puncture her perfect, eternal now, and guarantee her people the cold, comforting certainty that nothing will ever, ever change.

Anyway I finally had the enormously cathartic moment of realization today that I no longer have to care about or pay attention to blue artifacts. I have enough decent purples and a few golds that I was able to just shove everything of blue or lower into the artifacts of my A Team. My gang feeling BEEFY right now with several maxed out artifacts and a few people even wearing decent 2 sets. Got a couple VV pieces on Kaz (plus a maxed Anemo goblet) and a 4 piece Noblesse on Fischl. Eula's ATK and Phys Dam are fat and heavy now as well. Finally fought that big Ruin Grader at the top of Dragonspine and I absolutely spanked his bottom bright pink.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Tae posted:

lmao rip Keqing

You know I legitimately forgot about Keqing because I'm an idiot.

But also I'll just pretend I made that joke on purpose.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Re-asking because it was on the bottom of last page

Raiden's design is growing on me. I agreed with the sentiment when she first got leaked at how NPC-ish she looked. I think her RBF helps make her look more distinctive.

Usually main dps. It's very character dependent so I would wait until we get more info about raiden skills before committing too hard to farming tf. It's great way to bypass cooldown gating some character have, like hu tao can have her skill
always available with this when supported by fischl. It should also help with yoi skill cooldown too if you want her.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It just occurred to me that the Jade Mystery shop is a gacha satire.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bakalakadaka posted:

Don't forget exposed backs too!

I thought Jean was the exception to the rule until I actually rolled her. The Mihoyo designer knows what he likes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

Baal just got listed as a Sword user on Genshin's official discord.

Isn't this just speculation based on her pulling out a sword in the trailer? For all we know she'll use a polearm like the leaks suggested, but pull out a sword for her burst mode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well the official info got debunked because people discovered the discord scrapes info off the wiki.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
If Raiden uses a polearm and sword, then clearly she's an Archer. Just look at Childe.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Selane posted:

Just another example of why leaks/rumors/datamining should be taken with a grain of salt. It's not even the first time that's happened, Albedo was originally datamined as a bow user back in the day and that ended up being wrong too.

When Project Celestia dropped that she was a polearm they pointed this out and said yeah it's probably going to change but if they go around saying yeah that'll change and not just sticking to the data it's going to end up with them speculating a lot instead of looking at the data they can see.

Trihugger posted:

If Raiden uses a polearm and sword, then clearly she's an Archer. Just look at Childe.

They did bring up how hard it was to program that during the livestream so I assume at least one of the characters stance chances

character mechanics : It's suspected it's Sara and/or Raiden Shogun

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 11, 2021

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Welp my third 5* on standard, at exactly 75 since the last one, is...Mona c1. Huh. Okay.

That is probably middle of the pack (better than qiqi, keqing, copy of skyward pride or spine, about as desired as diluc or jean c1, worse than a new weapon) for me.

Makes me want to go for yoimiya more I guess, since I still have no pyro DPS. Could do a Yoimiya, Mona, Bennett, Venti kind of team for massive omen and swirl.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'd been planning on rolling for Ayaka or a Ganyu rerun to get a strong Cryo carry for Abyss, but it seems like Baal might be coming sooner than I had anticipated.

I'm f2p and have about 60 rolls of currency banked up, and about 40 deep into a 50/50 pity. If Venti and Zhongli are any indication, it seems likely that they're going to make sure that Baal and every other Archon ends up very strong (especially after the whining campaign and mea culpa buff for Zhongli).

If I want to get near the ~140 rolls needed to ensure getting her, I basically need to keep saving from here, and pass on any other characters until then. Big egg on my face if she ends up not being OP, not sure what I'll do here.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scoss posted:

I'd been planning on rolling for Ayaka or a Ganyu rerun to get a strong Cryo carry for Abyss, but it seems like Baal might be coming sooner than I had anticipated.

We're going to get 2.1 leaks way before Ayaka's banner finishes, but none of the super reliable leakers remotely suggested Baal to be in 2.1 and the most common leak about 2.1 is a ganyu rerun for a liyue festival.

This is in accordance with the info that Inazuma won't finish as late as 2022.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Tae posted:

Well the official info got debunked because people discovered the discord scrapes info off the wiki.

This drama cracked me up. Someone changing her element to hydro to test if it scraped from the wiki was :discourse:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

between Kazuha's backstory cutscene and the teaser, we can assume Baal's whole chest sword deal is the Musou no Hitotachi, which should be a rarely seen technique used for divine punishment. from that angle it makes enough sense to me that the sword is either her burst animation or a stance she swaps into (likely on burst). ignoring that the discord thing was already soft-debunked, since she could just be like Eula in terms of burst animation.

i like the new 4* spear's design quite a lot, so i would kinda prefer she be a spear user and synergize with it somewhat.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's a small thing but I wish they were releasing more gliders. I like having the wings match the character and we don't have enough options yet drat it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
There should be at least 2 new wings coming with Inazuma.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

SlimGoodbody posted:

It just occurred to me that the Jade Mystery shop is a gacha satire.

I've found a method of choosing them that seems to work perfectly (though I haven't gotten the quest enough times to say for sure, it's worked on the first try the past 3 times I've used it). Forget elemental sight, just pick the one that looks yellowest.

Tae posted:

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

This drama cracked me up. Someone changing her element to hydro to test if it scraped from the wiki was :discourse:

:laffo:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's a small thing but I wish they were releasing more gliders. I like having the wings match the character and we don't have enough options yet drat it.

We get inazuma glider

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't forget the long-awaited kfc wings

really hope those work with Kazuha otherwise i'll be in pain

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
That's good to know and Fischl will be getting that. Still I'd love to see more gliders in events.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I know that the ideal build for Kazuha is 4-piece VV with a heavy focus on EM, but until I get those drops, what should I use?

Would it be better to boost EM as high as I can with other artifacts for now, or should I prioritize having 4-piece VV above all else?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just use what you have good pieces of. mixing any of Glad, VV, NO, and WT will all benefit him in different ways (NO being the most niche), and if you had a good 4pc Instructor it might even be worth trying that for free 200 EM (i believe the extra 120 doesn't count for his A4 but unsure).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm finally AR 45 and now I'm too weak to do any of the artifact domains that I need to do :negative:

This Crimson Witch one is torture if your only good DPS is pyro, which... seems mean

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Harrow posted:

I'm finally AR 45 and now I'm too weak to do any of the artifact domains that I need to do :negative:

This Crimson Witch one is torture if your only good DPS is pyro, which... seems mean

Got any other DPS options you haven't raised yet? Your one good pyro DPS could help you build a cryo or hydro dps to get through the crimson witch stuff.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Got any other DPS options you haven't raised yet? Your one good pyro DPS could help you build a cryo or hydro dps to get through the crimson witch stuff.

Not really? The only other real options I have are also pyro (Xiangling, Klee) or are electro (Razor) which would be even worse because I'd be constantly blowing myself up.

Even if I did I'm pretty mad that I have to stop and pour a couple weeks' worth of experience into a different DPS just to attempt to grind good artifacts for another DPS.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Trihugger posted:

God, the idea of Mihoyo increasing the grind by having a Benkei-type character that uses more than one weapon in their loadout.

Harrow posted:

Trust me, the domains are not nearly as bad as you think they are. I spent like, months doing co-op in domains solo before I realized I didn't actually need to call in help all the time. Who are your standout characters right now?

Harrow posted:

Not really? The only other real options I have are also pyro (Xiangling, Klee) or are electro (Razor) which would be even worse because I'd be constantly blowing myself up.

Even if I did I'm pretty mad that I have to stop and pour a couple weeks' worth of experience into a different DPS just to attempt to grind good artifacts for another DPS.

Oh, nevermind. Anyway, Crimson Witch isn't that bad to deal with in all honesty. You can use all three of them if you want, just bring in Barbara or Kaeya any other water character you have. All you need to do is nullify any fire enhancement the enemies have and then you can use whatever element you want on them, it's not an environmental 'if you even use electro in here and don't hit anyone you will explode' thing. It's all reactive.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 11, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Harrow posted:

you just need a non-pyro to chew through the slimes, after that having a hydro to shieldbreak will let your pyro do the actual damage to the mitachurls and mages.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Harrow posted:

You could bring Barbara and do it co-op with randos. So long as she's not super low level she can contribute by taking down the mage's shields and keeping everyone healthy. Its slower than doing it solo, but it beats building another team just for farming one domain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well on the bright side my main team can absolutely annihilate the Viridescent Venerer domain!

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, nevermind. Anyway, Crimson Witch isn't that bad to deal with in all honesty. You can use all three of them if you want, just bring in Barbara or Kaeya any other water character you have. All you need to do is nullify any fire enhancement the enemies have and then you can use whatever element you want on them, it's not an environmental 'if you even use electro in here and don't hit anyone you will explode' thing. It's all reactive.

It's the slimes that are the problem, I think. I can't consistently deal enough damage to get past them in time with just Diluc's physical damage and whatever hydro and cryo damage Xingqiu and Kaeya can contribute. I tried bringing Chongyun to infuse cryo into Diluc's attacks but somehow that was even worse.