Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
They're bots, no one lives in the ACT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Bbjoey is a collective hallucination

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Watch the idiots racing for the border after their nice Sydney holiday, car packed full of people, luggage strapped lazily to the wish.com roof rack.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Gonna be a thousand cases this week. Lucky aged care is all vaccinated so the dead number doesn't look too bad for the state government and they can keep the shops pumping out beanie babies or whatever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hambeet posted:

they've been vaxxed though. they don't care about those who haven't.

look hambeet I don't know how else to suggest that they should go die

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
also that ad is stupid and bad, nurses don't let you suffer in icu like that

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

E: at jbp

If it was OG covid you'd have a point but delta can reach out and touch younger people. Before it was young people with complications at risk, now it's just young people. The pool of potential vulnerable people is much larger.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eediot Jedi posted:

E: at jbp

If it was OG covid you'd have a point but delta can reach out and touch younger people. Before it was young people with complications at risk, now it's just young people. The pool of potential vulnerable people is much larger.

Who?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

JBP posted:

Lucky aged care is all vaccinated s

I take it you haven't been following the news?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

woosh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The residents are very well covered and aren't going to die wholesale like Victoria. This is good because dead number low means shop stays open. What are you referring to?

E: I don't see anything in the news regarding aged care outside of the few cases last week in the place where 96% of residents were vaccinated and workers being poorly vaccinated. The residents will still enjoy better protection than Victoria.

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jul 11, 2021

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

https://t.co/P0vj4AuRHT?amp=1

Lmao

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

He's running

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

He's running

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

kirbysuperstar posted:

also that ad is stupid and bad, nurses don't let you suffer in icu like that

Intubate them so you don’t have to talk to them, bonus points because covid patients won’t have have visitors so you can just chill out, do your cpd, etc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure most people in aged care homes have only had one shot which provides zero protection

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Put big warning labels on NSW with pictures of covid lungs and let adults make their own decisions

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

bowmore posted:

pretty sure most people in aged care homes have only had one shot which provides zero protection

yeah that's my grandpa's situation atm, the idea that everyone in aged care is free and clear is a bit out there

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's not everyone, but it's enough to avoid the big scary numbers.

My dad's had two shots of Pfizer in his dementia care place if u want an anecdote.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What are you talking about my person???

Turn your monitor on

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010

How incompetent can a government be.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

JBP posted:

The residents are very well covered and aren't going to die wholesale like Victoria. This is good because dead number low means shop stays open. What are you referring to?

The Victorian outbreak revealed aged care homes where the majority of residents were not vaccinated and the staff weren't either. NSW will not be any better let alone the one dose isn't really effective issue for Pzifer or AZ vs Delta variant.

quote:

What are you talking about??

Trying to engage with JBP in some sort of attempt at face value good faith.

Laugh track here.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 11, 2021

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That was all of them last year

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah not seeing anything from this thread about aged care having weak overall vaccination rates and the only example in the NSW outbreak so far was 96% vaccinated.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

JBP posted:

Yeah not seeing anything from this thread about aged care having weak overall vaccination rates and the only example in the NSW outbreak so far was 96% vaccinated.

https://amp.theguardian.com/austral...nges-to-rollout

here's an example of a care provider with nowhere near 96% coverage. I dunno about resident /care recipient vaccination rates and maybe some sort of statistical miracle occurred in the last four days but it seems unlikely

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

alf_pogs posted:

https://amp.theguardian.com/austral...nges-to-rollout

here's an example of a care provider with nowhere near 96% coverage. I dunno about resident /care recipient vaccination rates and maybe some sort of statistical miracle occurred in the last four days but it seems unlikely

Does this eventually talk about the residents or am I wasting my time reading a link to a story about staff vaccinations?

Like to reiterate again. I'm talking about resident rates and the opportunity for NSW to not experience what Vic did and register a W so that casuals can continue to pull shifts at Harvey Norman.

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 11, 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

JBP posted:

Does this eventually talk about the residents or am I wasting my time reading a link to a story about staff vaccinations?

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...dents-opted-out

16 homes at least in Vic completely no shots, almost none at all second dose at the time of this article - ie almost the entire Vic system was vunerable to Delta. NSW wont be much better - the only good thing out of this is the Victorian outbreak jolted enough people out of complacency that some more coverage has been achieved since.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 11, 2021

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...dents-opted-out

16 homes at least in Vic completely no shots, almost none at all second dose at the time of this article - ie almost the entire Vic system was vunerable to Delta. NSW wont be much better - the only good thing out of this is the Victorian outbreak jolted enough people out of complacency that some more coverage has been achieved since.

I mean this article is around 2 months old now. The staff vaccinations are a really valid point but the point still stands that residents are more likely to have a level of protection relative to the general population. It’s telling that the lady who died of Covid was not vaccinated despite being eligible.

It’s a complete failure of messaging.

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010
You guys realise aot of older people have zero intention of getting the vaccine. The internal polling the aged care company my parent works for came up with 35% having no intention of getting the vaccine. The remaining 65% have pretty much all had these now. How does that fit in with all of the napkin calculations being done in this thread?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Launchpad McQuack posted:

You guys realise aot of older people have zero intention of getting the vaccine. The internal polling the aged care company my parent works for came up with 35% having no intention of getting the vaccine. The remaining 65% have pretty much all had these now. How does that fit in with all of the napkin calculations being done in this thread?

35% is a larger proportion of people than 65%. I am very smart.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Launchpad McQuack posted:

Good luck to the 65 and gently caress you to the 35 is what my napkin says.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Sydney removalist was in SA and Victoria while infectious.

loving hell.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I knew I should've moved back to Perth last year

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

koala killer posted:

To 8pm last night we had 112 additional cases and I want to stress the vast majority of these cases are family members or very, very close contacts. Family or close friends, unfortunately, bear the brunt of those 112 numbers we have seen overnight...

In terms of the number of people that were exposed in the community whilst they were infectious, there are at least 34.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Animal Friend posted:

Sydney removalist was in SA and Victoria while infectious.

loving hell.

This was bound to happen with an open border

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

EoinCannon posted:

This was bound to happen with an open border

I know that's why it's so frustrating.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I doubt it, because a removalist would have had a work exemption.

I think Victoria and SA will be fine because we won't play chicken with it and will immediately lock down for a week if we have any new cases pop up, but yeah, not feeling good about it.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hmm why is the Federal government pledging support to NSW after it abandoned Victoria?

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
rudd 2022 pls

if he's done with his concession speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Big number go up brrrr :downs: