Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bape Culture posted:

Nice to have the well wishes of the actual pedo guy lol

He was only saying "Come on our lads" what's the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a 3rd place playoff game would be pretty good right about now

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

sterling scoring the winning goal and then killing the queen would be very funny

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1413914297198071812?s=20

Dumb question but what does the R stand for? Regina?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

if there were two tiny gay ball cars, could harry kane conceivably put a foot in each one and then be driven around the pitch holding the uefa euro 2020 trophy in triumph?

We can do Jordan Pickford on a hoverboard chasing an LGBTQ person

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

Dumb question but what does the R stand for? Regina?

Yup

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Nice to have the well wishes of the actual pedo guy lol

why are you wishing them well haha

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Elizabeth Rimjob Windsor

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

kecske posted:

a 3rd place playoff game would be pretty good right about now

Copa America had a 3rd place playoff, and they only had 10 nations in the competition.

Spain v Denmark would be a good match too.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Dave Angel posted:

Copa America had a 3rd place playoff, and they only had 10 nations in the competition.

Spain v Denmark would be a good match too.

Much as I'd hope for the Danes to smash the Spanish frauds I couldn't take another 90+ minutes of Spanish chokeball

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The third place matches were sometimes really good because they would feature most of the players that were on the bench and a lot of them were out to prove themselves. The 3rd place match between Colombia and Peru a few days ago was pretty good, for example.

That said, it’s such a crappy consolation game that it’s hard to get hyped for. Even if you win you’re still mad you didn’t make the final.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Jose posted:

sterling scoring the winning goal and then killing the queen would be very funny

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1413914297198071812?s=20

Spells her name with a 'z'. Bit trashy, no?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Are top left/right supposed to represent England's disasters in France and Portugal?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Are top left/right supposed to represent England's disasters in France and Portugal?

Bottom right had a disaster in Turkey to be fair.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Flying to Japan as I type this so I can watch tomorrow eating the perfect meal for a neutral

https://twitter.com/koisurukady/status/1413731645794885632

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

britishbornandbread posted:

Bottom right had a disaster in Turkey to be fair.

It must be said that the planning was sound but the execution was execrable. Or was that something a bald manager said? Can't remember.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Moktaro posted:

Can't believe it wasn't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUSojCb193U , come on now.

lol at the newspaper rankings at about 1:20 in

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Welcome to the day of it coming home brave English lads

velocirapstar
Oct 8, 2018

Get Confident, Stupid!
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210710-england-aim-to-be-euro-top-guns-after-call-from-tom-cruise

quote:

Harry Kane is hoping England will be Euro 2020 top guns in Sunday's final against Italy after receiving a message of support from Hollywood actor Tom Cruise.

England captain Kane will lead his country in their first major final for 55 years.

Ahead of the historic showdown at Wembley, Kane revealed Gareth Southgate's squad had an unexpected call from "Top Gun" and "Mission Impossible" star Cruise, who was in London on Saturday for the Wimbledon women's final.

"Obviously we have had ex-players and people get in touch," Kane told the BBC. "We actually had Tom Cruise get in touch yesterday evening, you get everyone who loves football."

"We were fortunate enough to have a watch of one of his films so I think he was over here in the UK and he just dialled in and FaceTimed us just to wish us the best as a group so that was nice of him," Kane added.

"I'm not sure if he will be there at the final or not but football is such a big part of the world and it's nice to have that support from all different types of businesses."

Wonder which Cruisw film they watched - I'm going with “Lions for Lambs”

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Wikipedia says China invented competitive football, so how can it be coming home if China isn't playing?

"Home" is Beijing or Shangai or some poo poo

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Taco Duck posted:

Wikipedia says China invented competitive football, so how can it be coming home if China isn't playing?

"Home" is Beijing or Shangai or some poo poo

Association rules football is older than China tbh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
England have a 100% success record in major finals, it's coming home

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Rarity posted:

England have a 100% success record in major finals, it's coming home

Now that's an advanced stat.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Shitaly

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Having breakfast outside Kings Cross and there’s already lads in O’Neill’s absolutely sinking pints at nine in the morning.

It’s Coming Home.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Having breakfast outside Kings Cross and there’s already lads in O’Neill’s absolutely sinking pints at nine in the morning.

It’s Coming Home.

This is the kind of 'get out there hard and fast' attitude that will have the Italians making GBS threads themselves

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I've made a huge mistake and I don't have the day off tomorrow like I thought :negative:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Its alright boris is going to make it a bank holiday, just gas those sick people on tuesday, they can wait

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just sneak yourself some of the ketamine to deal with the hangover

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

It’s Coming Home.

:britain:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
July 11th on this day in:

138 Antonius Pius becomes Roman emperor
1533 Henry the VIII is excommunicated
1848 Waterloo train station opens
1940 The French Vichy Republic is established
2021 England won the European Championship for the first time

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I've made a huge mistake and I don't have the day off tomorrow like I thought :negative:

I'm the only one scheduled in out of a team of 6 on my shift. Going to hide in a cupboard with an orange lucozade intravenous drip.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

I have a doctor friend who regularly gives himself a litre of saline solution IV with added meds against headache and nausea after a night of drinking lol

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

We’re paying the extra tenner so we can check out of our hotel later tomorrow morning. Just in case.

nines
Aug 13, 2007

I just tested positive for covid, absolutely hosed my plans for tonight.

Still excited to get trashed in my living room and watch it come home

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/davidwhittam/status/1413824776100003843

Wow, this is worse than booing the anthem

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

ephex posted:

I have a doctor friend who regularly gives himself a litre of saline solution IV with added meds against headache and nausea after a night of drinking lol

Getting the IV needle (the grey ones) into a vein while drunk/hungover sounds like bad time. Public service announcement: do it up to the arm or in the leg where you can easily cover the inevitable bruising you'll cause yourself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Italy may have a bunch of rich flashy kickbois but can they get the job done on a wet Tuesday night in Luton, I don't think so

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Jorginho gonna luton deez nuts soon :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Can't believe Italy have got in Brazilian ringers like some kind of despotic middle eastern dictatorship