Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
It brings me no pleasure reporting this but that atomic kitten song was on hard rotation of the chants at the pub during the semifinal so we just have to accept it as the emerging classic that it obviously is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Our pubs semifinal chant ranking was Southgate You're The One > 3 Lions > Sweet Caroline. Feel like Neil Diamond might get a boost tomorrow though after those celebrations

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

is this a thing that has existed for ages and I've just missed because I'm old enough to watch football in my nice house instead of paying £3 for two-thirds of a pint of Carling in a plastic glass and having an ashtray thrown at my head?

I'll accept it if there's a way we can change the line about Southgate "still turning me on" to something about playing two holding midfielders fixing longstanding issues with the England team as a whole, and also if instead of a song it can be a long-form spoken word piece with James Richardson

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Sure, you end up spending thirty quid on booze and have a poo poo burger and chips but you don’t have the delay on a stream, you get to witness absolute mayhem when England score. There were flares going of in the pub garden I was in and everything. gently caress watching the knockout games at home for the big tournaments

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

you get to witness absolute mayhem when England score

I believe this is what the itks call "the scenes"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm not going out pubbing atm but it's fine coz Ill go watch England win the world Cup in a couple years

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My two favourite football moments are losing my poo poo with all my mates together during the Colombia pens and then doing it all over again when Kane scored on Wednesday. Home watching could never beat the pub

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
This whole trend of chucking your beer everywhere when England scores needs to loving stop though.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

But but it’s for the instagram

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

This whole trend of chucking your beer everywhere when England scores needs to loving stop though.

It's incredibly loving lame. Imagine getting soaked in beer and then having to spend the next hour or two sticky as hell and stinking. gently caress that.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

You goons should just stay home and watch the game in the comfort of your own solitary silence.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Frankston posted:

It's incredibly loving lame. Imagine getting soaked in beer and then having to spend the next hour or two sticky as hell and stinking. gently caress that.

just turn up already gross as hell *taps head*

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah enjoying something is loving awful isn’t it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

English are asleep

It isn’t coming home

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
sogni d’oro amici miei

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

English are asleep

It isn’t coming home

Stayed up to watch the Copa America final.

Coming home status remains firmly set to 'its'.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

is this a thing that has existed for ages and I've just missed because I'm old enough to watch football in my nice house instead of paying £3 for two-thirds of a pint of Carling in a plastic glass and having an ashtray thrown at my head?

It’s been a chant since World Cup 2018 and you’ve missed it by being a fairweather fan instead of supporting our lads at Wembley.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
how many beers can I buy for tonight without A) appearing like an alcoholic and B) actually being an alcoholic

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Today will be a good day regardless of result

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm gonna see England in the final of a major tournament :stwoon:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Yeah enjoying something is loving awful isn’t it

:jerkbag:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Python code:

def itscominghome():
                pickford

walker     Maguire     stones      shaw

phillips     Henderson 

grealish

Saka                  Sterling

kane

Start positively imo. Rice can always come on if Henderson isn't fit or one of him or grealish needs coming off to shore up defense

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm excited but also terrified

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Seeing you eat poo poo time and time and time again this tournament has almost been as good as Football Coming Home.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Seeing you eat poo poo time and time and time again this tournament has almost been as good as Football Coming Home.

Hmm?

Are you confusing me with someone else?

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 11, 2021

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dave Angel posted:

It’s been a chant since World Cup 2018 and you’ve missed it by being a fairweather fan instead of supporting our lads at Wembley.

how unfair

this is a very exciting side project for Rashford, Maguire and Big Luke and I'm giving them at least 90% of my support

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Python code:

def itscominghome():
                pickford

walker     Maguire     stones      shaw

phillips     Henderson 

grealish

Saka                  Sterling

kane

Start positively imo. Rice can always come on if Henderson isn't fit or one of him or grealish needs coming off to shore up defense

Nice code tags but Mason Mount is 100% starting in order to run about a lot and be a nuisance for Jorginho.

Also it's coming home today

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mount over Grealish seems the logical choice.

Not sure about Henderson starting as he's done well coming on later in the game tbh

It's coming home lads.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, there's no reason to gently caress with the lineup that's got us this far, especially the Rice-Phillips pairing. Stick to the same starting XI imo

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Absolutely stick with the starting line up. Where we watching today goons? I’ve got a table at a place in Manchester Northern Quarter and whatever happens it’s going to be loving madness :allears:

COOOMME ON ENGLAND

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I’ve been asked to go on the radio in a few hours. I’ll let you all know what station and time so you can listen to a pissed up BBAB tell people it’s coming home

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’ve been asked to go on the radio in a few hours. I’ll let you all know what station and time so you can listen to a pissed up BBAB tell people it’s coming home

This sounds like a tall tale but I hope you have a lovely day out and murder james corden for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jakabite posted:

Where we watching today goons?

We've had a table booked at the same pub in the centre of Bristol for all the knockout games. The scenes were insane after the semi, hoping to see that topped tonight though

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm watching it at my gaff with the family and I've got the cornettos in

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm visiting a friend in Oxford and we're going to have a BBQ and drink a fridge full of beer!!

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Jakabite posted:

Absolutely stick with the starting line up. Where we watching today goons? I’ve got a table at a place in Manchester Northern Quarter and whatever happens it’s going to be loving madness :allears:

COOOMME ON ENGLAND

Where you booked? Crown and Kettle on Swan Street already saying they’re full at half eleven!

My pub on Portland street fully booked up.

Oh, I’m watching it from Wembley. Get in.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Where you booked? Crown and Kettle on Swan Street already saying they’re full at half eleven!

My pub on Portland street fully booked up.

Oh, I’m watching it from Wembley. Get in.

Shack! Had to pay 40 per person but comes with 5 pints and a burger and chips so can’t complain, just a min spend really. Can’t imagine anywhere will not be rammed now. No poo poo, where dyou own on Portland if you don’t mind saying? Feel free to dm, I’ll have to pop in at some point.

Fuuuuck enjoy Wembley, that’ll be loving incredible.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Wish the sun would come out 😤

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Wish the sun would come out 😤

Even the weather is making sure the good lads feel at home (where football is headed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Jakabite posted:

Shack! Had to pay 40 per person but comes with 5 pints and a burger and chips so can’t complain, just a min spend really. Can’t imagine anywhere will not be rammed now. No poo poo, where dyou own on Portland if you don’t mind saying? Feel free to dm, I’ll have to pop in at some point.

Fuuuuck enjoy Wembley, that’ll be loving incredible.

5 pints lol