Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Hooplah posted:

i keep loading into maps with like 10 mins left, so i'm not sure how i'm supposed to be capitalizing on scav runs. pmcs are almost always long gone by then. it seems pretty counterintuitive that the best way to raise scav karma is apparently to load in as a pmc with some roubles and take a car out

If it's really late in the raid don't bother looking for loot. Go to the PMC hot spots and look for corpses (like dorms on customs, Kiba at interchange, resort on shoreline etc.). You might not find quest and hideout items, but you'll have a good chance on finding gear on corpses you can sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

oh yes, absolutely. i've just been thinking about the karma system and how best to interact with it as a scav, and currently the answer seems to be don't bother because a lot of your karma gain will be as pmc.

the point about running towards late gunshots is a good idea though. you get a pretty good bonus for killing scav killers. unfortunately if the system corrects itself according to the devs' intentions, these scav killers should be becoming more and more rare.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
new shotgun kinda owns

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i'm making quite a bit scav running customs, sitting on about 6m currently and have made about 10m overall but ymmv

i mostly check reshala spawns (dorms, fortress, gas station) but most importantly, jackets

i didn't play for a while before this wipe so I can't say for sure if it's always like this, but right now certain keys are selling for upwards of 3m on the flea market, and many more are well into the 6 figure range

the added bonus being that these are all contested areas and you will find a bunch of gear along the way

e: case in point, just got so fat doing this i had to crawl to exfil

rap music fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 10, 2021

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

Simon Numbers posted:

new shotgun kinda owns

Picked one up off a PMC on customs, haven't tried it yet.

Poor guy had accidentally brought his whole backpack stack in. Took the stuff out of the bottom one and left the stack in hopes that he had it all insured...

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
high rate of fire and low spread makes magnum buck do some work

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
is there still a bug where buckshot pellet spread is a lot bigger unless you're using a saiga because only the saiga does not have swappable barrels and as a result does not have a spread multiplier attached to barrels like the others do

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The new reflex sight that goes on a shotgun rib also owns bones, makes the shotguns even better

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cage Kicker posted:

The new reflex sight that goes on a shotgun rib also owns bones, makes the shotguns even better

I just one of these in one last scav run before bed, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow on my forever first love gun the 153. :getin:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

What's the name of it/who sells it?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

would be cool if u got karma for giving poo poo to other pscavs because I really tanked mine finishing off reshalas goons, which apparently count for more

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I can't figure out why I can't trade in the shotgun for the gunsmith part 1 quest. It seems like it checks all the boxes.

https://imgur.com/a/BuEWvNi

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

poe meater posted:

I can't figure out why I can't trade in the shotgun for the gunsmith part 1 quest. It seems like it checks all the boxes.

https://imgur.com/a/BuEWvNi

I think you have the same problem as me and it's 48 ergo and needs to be 47 because of the railed foregrip rather than the sprut

The gunsmith quests are so dumb, it should be a wider option of attachments to accomplish the same thing (ie, get a laser, pistol grip, and extended mag, under 4 squares) rather than the exact configuration of basically one set of parts needed to get the exact number of ergo or recoil that you have to fiddle with or lookup on the wiki.

Dr_0ctag0n fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 11, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
it has to be over 47 so 48 is fine the issue is the durability on it is awful. buy a fresh one from jaeger.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

it has to be over 47 so 48 is fine the issue is the durability on it is awful. buy a fresh one from jaeger.

Where does it say anything about durability in the quest?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
mechanic wont accept ruined guns for any gunsmith quest

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Yep, it was the durability. Thanks!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Stux posted:

mechanic wont accept ruined guns for any gunsmith quest

Yeah would have been nice to know from the game lol, I guess durability wasn't really an issue last patch. Thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
yeah idk why it doesnt just say lol but if he wont buy it he wont accept it as a hand in either

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

scav karma is real, i pretty much only spawn with a scav vest and no backpack at this point

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Good, some scav nearly blew out my eardrums when I was looting even after we acknowledged each other. Otherwise, I had pretty good experiences with other scavs so far even safely exited with one.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the only time i've shot a pscav is when i startled one a couple raids ago and he accidentally shot me

he was apologetic and threw down a car kit which i used but i needed the karma

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

At this point I'm convinced I'm the only solo player left. Holy crap I constantly run into 2-3 stacks. I most often manage to kill one but the other one always seems to have head-eyes seeking rounds.

The only notable encounter with a single PMC was when I got killed in Shoreline radio tower by what I assume was a ping cheater as the guy just seemed to teleport around before my eyes and I was shooting into nowhere.

I'm not complaining though, this is how the game is and nothing stops me from teaming up myself.
But the amount of squads I meet is quite ridiculous this wipe...seems way more than how it used to be in the past.

Maybe it's also just Customs because people want to do quests and don't want to die all the time...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i feel like i see more squads and duos on the weekends too, usually w one of them being like level 4 still lol

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Stux posted:

i feel like i see more squads and duos on the weekends too, usually w one of them being like level 4 still lol

while the other one nade spams or one taps me using esp

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

15 tushonka plz (no big cans small cans ONLY!!!)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Do you know the spot to go for them? Saying that, this point in the wipe (still kind of early, and on a weekend) it might be hit up hard.

Hint: it's a Russian supermarket.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rap music posted:

goshan

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Also hideout crafting.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I honestly always had a lot of luck on Reserve. That kitchen on the 1st floor of black Bishop was always kind to me, plus there are 3 food crates below that you can loot.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Woods for anything food. Scav village and the big southeast camp, also lots of spots with the big food crates all over the map.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

it's where every interchange pscav hangs out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

rap music posted:

one big can can be made into two small cans with uhh squash and croutons i think?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rap music posted:

it's where every interchange pscav hangs out

You pscav in and raid the food area, hit the 3 weapons boxes, and all the tool area. Bing bong

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the big thing is i didn't know crafted stuff counted as FIR

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rap music posted:

the big thing is i didn't know crafted stuff counted as FIR

That helps. Squash and the big tushs are more plentiful in goshan. Idk about the croutons.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

im going undercover to see if i can get any scavs to bring me their loot

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

Captain Gordon posted:

The returns from car extracts diminish every time you take one and you cant replenish them. They dont reset either.

I relish in the tears of people who now find out that the car extracts have diminishing returns and they can't farm karma anymore by just using car extracts. It went from "I can just get it back by so I'm going to kill pscavs on sight because I need lightbulbs try and stop me lololol" to "oh no I have to wait 40 minutes for my scav and he's spawning in with just a knife why did no-one tell me this" real fast in some Tarkov communities.

This wipe I'm pretty much maining my scav because I've never had more fun hunting down PMCs and rogue scavs with my scav brethren and I'm already at 2 rep just by being a Good Scav. My scav is already spawning in with level 3-4 plates, a proper backback and good (modded) guns most scav runs, and the amount of times I'm getting a labs card in inventory for my scav is also increasing.

Commissar Kip fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 12, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah uh, Cage Kicker is being a dumb, smug rear end in a top hat about it but they're also not farming car extracts to allow themselves to continually kill player scavs. Killing another player scav unprovoked is a -0.02 karma hit. If you kill one PMC it's +0.2 karma (unless these values have changed since Onepeg's video which probably.) You can kill endless player scavs as long as you do one of the things that gives way more karma than you lose every few raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

Orv posted:

Yeah uh, Cage Kicker is being a dumb, smug rear end in a top hat about it but they're also not farming car extracts to allow themselves to continually kill player scavs. Killing another player scav unprovoked is a -0.02 karma hit. If you kill one PMC it's +0.2 karma (unless these values have changed since Onepeg's video which probably.) You can kill endless player scavs as long as you do one of the things that gives way more karma than you lose every few raids.

I think we'll be seeing some changes to those amounts over the course of this wipe. Every system is fuckable if you stick enough time and energy into it, and if someone wants to stick hours into trying to kill a PMC with a knife just to get +0.2 karma because they couldn't stop their primate urges from killing everyone over a box of matches that's on them. I hope they change it so they'll be stuck crawling up even longer.

I also don't think "the punishment isn't expensive because you can get it back if you do X,Y, Z" changes anything here. Sure they can get it back if they game the system: but they are basically still admitting they are the piece of poo poo this system was created to combat in the first place, and adding more reasons to increase the penalty even more.