Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's funny when people discuss what bad ideas were pitched on wwe programming that didn't make it because the stuff that did make it is almost always equally as bad or worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

delfin posted:

The PC-Engine does have a game explicitly built around poo poo, piss and mucus, so that may alter your recommendation

90's All Japan had Abby so the PC-Engine still fits!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

keithy george posted:

The talk around “Sister Abigail” for years was painful because it was clear that the entire Bray Wyatt gimmick was just saying gibberish imagery in a pleasing rhythm. Like the time he randomly said “the devil made me do it” and there was lots of speculation about the lore of the devil. Slightly annoying that the Alexa Blyss rumours ended up coming (sort of) true.

I’m sure every wrestler that gets a meeting gets told they’re going to be Sister Abigail or Little Jimmy or Shelton’s Mama at some point.

There's a universe out there where Bray doesn't get mumps before TLC 2017 and we get a Demon vs. Sister Abigail match, which I guess was going to be Bray in drag? I guess?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Orange Carlisle posted:

It's funny when people discuss what bad ideas were pitched on wwe programming that didn't make it because the stuff that did make it is almost always equally as bad or worse

It's not even pitched ideas.

Take a guy like EC3. The guy's original gimmick in WWE as Derrick Bateman didn't get over. He goes off on his own and creates this Ethan Carter III character that gets over. WWE then signs the guy, but decides to pretty much give him an entirely different gimimck than the one that got him signed by the company. Why on earth would you not just let the guy do what is working for him and made him popular.

Then again, it doesn't really matter if they don't let you do anything with it. Look at Ricochet, the guy pretty much retained his gimmick but they made him look like a goober

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alexander Hamilton posted:

That’s what they allegedly did to Brodus Clay (gave the House of Pain gimmick to Mark Henry), which admittedly worked way better for the audience.

This is definitely one of the cases where they fell rear end backwards into doing the right thing.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

kitten emergency posted:

when's the first non-thunderdome raw/smackdown? tomorrow?

Tomorrow they’re airing a thunderdome raw that was taped last week that will be the last dome show.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Wow, I did not realize that Derrick Bateman and EC3 were the same guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

Take a guy like EC3. The guy's original gimmick in WWE as Derrick Bateman didn't get over. He goes off on his own and creates this Ethan Carter III character that gets over. WWE then signs the guy, but decides to pretty much give him an entirely different gimimck than the one that got him signed by the company. Why on earth would you not just let the guy do what is working for him and made him popular.

Then again, it doesn't really matter if they don't let you do anything with it. Look at Ricochet, the guy pretty much retained his gimmick but they made him look like a goober

EC3 is a guy who got podcasters to talk about him in a failing company and everywhere but TNA he has sucked, because he sucks. His current ROH run is garbage.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I’d be incredibly annoyed if I only watched NXT with how frequently people just get disappeared to SmackDown/Raw. Along those lines, they’re never going to build any viewership for the same reason.

(This assumes there are people who buys into the premise of these being discrete brands, which probably isn’t many)

This is the biggest reason why I gave up on NXT. If you only watch NXT it's basically impossible to care about any of the characters because at any given moment they can just vanish into the thin air never to be seen again, while the few that stick around have been there so long there's nothing left for them to do.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Astro7x posted:

Vince has literally said that he'd rather lose money on his own idea, than make money with someone else's.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

EC3 is a guy who got podcasters to talk about him in a failing company and everywhere but TNA he has sucked, because he sucks. His current ROH run is garbage.

EC3 is definitely in that category of wrestlers people swear are good but I just don't get it. I'd add Robert Roode, Nick Aldis, and Eli Drake/LA Knight to that list.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bartok posted:

EC3 is definitely in that category of wrestlers people swear are good but I just don't get it. I'd add Robert Roode, Nick Aldis, and Eli Drake/LA Knight to that list.

The latter especially, I legitimately do not get what people like about him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
NXT used to be the only consistent good thing about WWE. You could argue that the birth of AEW ruined it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody likes Nick Aldis

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Penguin Patrol posted:

Nobody likes Nick Aldis

Billy Corgan does

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
robert roode was good imo as the dependable one of beer money, and that's probably more just me liking cowboy james storm

him being with ziggler makes a lot of sense but god drat do they have the worst tag team name

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

kitten emergency posted:

when's the first non-thunderdome raw/smackdown? tomorrow?

like a week from friday I think

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

like a week from friday I think

And isn't tomorrow's RAW taped?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'll be honest. Not a loving clue how accurate my information is or even where I heard it from.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

And isn't tomorrow's RAW taped?

Yes appears Raw for tomorrow is taped. SmackDown on Friday 16th will be with crowds starting their touring up again

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MJeff posted:

The Dreamcast was so loving great. :sigh:

Can’t even name a single great game, honestly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

a.lo posted:

Can’t even name a single great game, honestly

Seaman

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jet Set Radio

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Toy Commander

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

karmicknight posted:

Jet Set Radio

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skies of Arcadia

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Jet Set Radio

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hopefully there will be at least another page and a half of this as always

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shenmue that's it, that's the video game, all others bow before it

bartok
May 10, 2006

Penguin Patrol posted:

Nobody likes Nick Aldis

I've never listened to Cornette's podcast but he seems like a guy he would be high on.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
wwf royal rumble for the dreamcast

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roode is better than all of those guys, he had a fun run as NXT Champ.

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2
Evolution and Evolution 2
Phantasy Star Online
Somebody already said Skies of Arcadia but that too.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Astro7x posted:

Ricochet's always been a goober, it's just that if you do a million sick moves per match, no one cares about your personality that much. WWE, which of course was going to tone down his style, was like the absolute worst place for him to go but it's also his dearest dream to work for them. So, his career ending up this way was pretty much always going to happen.

LU had the right idea when they slapped a mask on him, made him a mute, gave him Konnan as a mouthpiece, and just sent him out there to do crazy Spiderman poo poo around a lumbering Mil Muertes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mario
Mario: A Link To The Past
Final Fantasy: Champion Edition
Doom 2: Quake

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

wwf royal rumble for the dreamcast

ecw anarchy rulz

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How the gently caress has nobody said Power Stone yet?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dreamcast was the best place to play 2D fighters at the time and didn't cost an arm and a leg like the Neo Geo

Also stuff like Tech Romancer and Project Justice 2 which haven't been released elsewhere

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
wait gently caress, why did I actually rename this california dreamcast.

quickly, can people workshop good wwf thread titles????

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Astro7x posted:

lets not rewrite history here, EC3 did not "get over" in TNA

bobby roode did, however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
WWE: Jurassic world