Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Oh Snapple! posted:

a hearty lol that there are people that aren't extremely nervous that Harris is almost certainly going to be the de facto party nominee whenever Biden's done
She'll be the second most qualified candidate in herstory!

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

if they want another draconian crime bill they have the perfect person for it in the white house

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hasn't "crime" been trending downward since the 90s? this crime wave stuff is certainly bullshit.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a great way to stop crime is to give poor people ways to live

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

a great way to stop crime is to give poor people ways to live

NO

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

okay

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
crime isn't real

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

police love to manufacture crime statistics if it suits their goals

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nichael posted:

hasn't "crime" been trending downward since the 90s? this crime wave stuff is certainly bullshit.

its gone up the last few years as conditions have gotten worst

every boomer i know thinks its because we're too mean to cops

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

inferis posted:

I have a solution to this, PM me for details

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nichael posted:

Yeah there's a reason why the media is framing the "crime wave" as crime being up X% compared to this point in time exactly one year ago and not, say, comparing it to 2019 crime rates.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

inferis posted:

Just jukin' the stats

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yeah the crime poo poo is entirely manufactured

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/20/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

people for "some reason" think crime is up....just not in their community

and as always, the part they want to ignore is that no matter how money we give cops they seem to never actually do their jobs and solve crimes:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

media conglomerates are exaggerating crime stats so they can convince a pro-cop administration to provide more funding for cops to protect their property at no extra cost to billionaires

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

osita out today with a good line on this sort of thinking which is all the libs seem to have these days — but they've won this concession, the left has no power, the centrists continue to kick them though........ so hey the dems must be right on course for a big mid term win!

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1414057743212761090
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1414267944213913601
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1414292947403747329

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Trabisnikof posted:

yeah the crime poo poo is entirely manufactured

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/20/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

people for "some reason" think crime is up....just not in their community

and as always, the part they want to ignore is that no matter how money we give cops they seem to never actually do their jobs and solve crimes:

that's what I said why does no one read my posts post

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The level of privilege that people display when they say that voting doesn't matter, or that both parties are the same actually, is astounding to me. For me and millions of other queer people, especially trans people, your votes, and the party in power, absolutely matter. One party wants to revoke our rights and see us disappear from the face of the earth, the other party supports us and wants to expand our rights. It must be a wonderful feeling to be a cis het person staying home from the polls because nothing's going to change in your personal life either way, so why bother. This is true not only at the federal level, but state and local too. Where do you think the bathroom bills, genital inspection before school sports bills, et al are coming from? Cities and states, where your numerically your vote matters even more. I would encourage people with this mindset to think about vulnerable people in different circumstances than their own when they decide to stay home.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wonder what, say, the current vice president has done to trans people in her career as an elected politician...

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

sexpig by night posted:

The level of privilege that people display when they say that voting doesn't matter, or that both parties are the same actually, is astounding to me. For me and millions of other queer people, especially trans people, your votes, and the party in power, absolutely matter. One party wants to revoke our rights and see us disappear from the face of the earth, the other party supports us and wants to expand our rights. It must be a wonderful feeling to be a cis het person staying home from the polls because nothing's going to change in your personal life either way, so why bother. This is true not only at the federal level, but state and local too. Where do you think the bathroom bills, genital inspection before school sports bills, et al are coming from? Cities and states, where your numerically your vote matters even more. I would encourage people with this mindset to think about vulnerable people in different circumstances than their own when they decide to stay home.

I'm a cis het person and I just wanna say that if you're trans and capitalist I'll put you against the wall like everyone else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
me, to the stonewall riots: vote

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

I wonder what, say, the current vice president has done to trans people in her career as an elected politician...

So are you done with voting?

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So many loving sociopaths in that thread.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

drat the crime bill worked??

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Grey Fox posted:

media conglomerates are exaggerating crime stats so they can convince a pro-cop administration to provide more funding for cops to protect their property at no extra cost to billionaires

yep. the media class is so far removed from actual people that it's all manufactured consent at this point.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

people say she's transphobic for denying trans inmates the health care they need but it's fully consistent with her position of denying people healthcare in general

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

camoseven posted:

I'm a cis het person and I just wanna say that if you're trans and capitalist I'll put you against the wall like everyone else.

No war but class war. The identity of the foot in the boot on our face is immaterial next to the fact that it's oppressing us.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mantis42 posted:

people say she's transphobic for denying trans inmates the health care they need but it's fully consistent with her position of denying people healthcare in general

I just am absolutely in love with 'WHERE DO YOU THINK BATHROOM BILLS COME FROM???' when the loving democratic VP literally housed trans women with men using the same logic. Absolute loving dogbrain poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You really want me to explain how sometimes we dont get what we want in life. Really?

That is something I was taught by my parents as a child. Perhaps your experience was different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
when it's appropriate to say 'we don't get what we want sometimes': when a child wants ice cream for dinner

when you're a goddamn sociopath pedophile apologist freak for doing it: when talking about loving healthcare

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

camoseven posted:

Lord

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me how half of lib media is screaming about the GOP trying to destroy democracy (true) while the other half is applauding Biden and the Dem leadership for their magnanimous bipartisanship.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

you too, idiot

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm loving shaking, creep

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

when it's appropriate to say 'we don't get what we want sometimes': when a child wants ice cream for dinner

when you're a goddamn sociopath pedophile apologist freak for doing it: when talking about loving healthcare

Where are they should be banned on sight. They've been an utter sociopath piece of poo poo in every thread they post in.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm loving shaking, creep

pretty weird to be scared, I'm just some rando on the internet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mantis42 posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how half of lib media is screaming about the GOP trying to destroy democracy (true) while the other half is applauding Biden and the Dem leadership for their magnanimous bipartisanship.

I know we make a lot of comparisons to poo poo like the Weimar Republic but tbh I don't even think they had a large amount of people in charge all 'now we can't just ignore the valid concerns of these people, sure I may dislike their beer hall riot but we have to be bipartisan', right? Like, they ignored them and that was bad and dumb but they didn't actively try to work with the guys they thought were trying to take over?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

well,

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what if poor people have healthcare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nichael posted:

what if poor people have healthcare