Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

vyelkin posted:

i just remembered when 180 million euro man kylian mbappe missed the decisive penalty and sent france home in the round of 16 at euro 2020

I know it was Euro 2020 but I remember it like it was yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

When Pogba did 3 or 4 celebrations only to get knocked out of the euros by Switzerland

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

When Pogba did 3 or 4 celebrations only to get knocked out of the euros by Switzerland

Hi Graeme

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Andy Gray and Clive Tyldesley in general were infuriating during that match with their inability to shut the gently caress up about the appearance of the players on the pitch. Why do they think we care what a couple of crusty old cunts think about footballers' beards or hair cuts.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jose posted:

When Tim Roth, Gerard Depardieu and Sam Neill scammed FIFA out of millions to make a fully poo poo film

For a moment I thought you were disparaging oscar deserving movie "Goal!" and we were going to have a problem

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bend it like Beckham

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Andy Gray and Clive Tyldesley in general were infuriating during that match with their inability to shut the gently caress up about the appearance of the players on the pitch. Why do they think we care what a couple of crusty old cunts think about footballers' beards or hair cuts.

Because back in their day footballers wouldn't dream of having such ridiculous haircuts

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just remembered when BT tried to bring Andy Gray back for a Merseyside derby(?) and thought they'd get away with it but they didn't get away with it and he never came back

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I may be hallucinating this but I distinctly remember a crazy tweet from one of those Venkys guys at Blackburn talking about their next game against “Wolfs”. This was like ten years ago but I think about the word “Wolfs” at least once a week.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
BT Sport advertising Live Wolves vs Everton

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/SouthernPigskin/status/834564650083741699

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This is *voice cracks* ATLEEANNTA

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Fucks sakes what's wrong with Americans

I'm fond of Graham Souness signing and playing a guy who was not a professional footballer for Southampton based on a random phonecall from someone claiming to be George Weah.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

gently caress me this is bad

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwpQrIGc5E

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
MLS fan chat reminded me of what was either a Mexico or chivas USA game. I can't remember if it was this forum or the soccer Reddit but I remember American fans getting really upset at the away fans aggressively jangling their keys at them and how it was disgusting and I laughed all over again at the mental image of all the ultras just getting their keys out and jingling away like they're trying to distract a baby

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Lol such a classic

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYpzPZzrqA

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hate this boring oval office so much

Edit: ok hate might be a bit strong but he's pretty annoying

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Frankston posted:

I hate this boring oval office so much

Edit: ok hate might be a bit strong but he's pretty annoying

Turn on your monitor

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 9, 2021

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

this is my favourite football video ever, i wish the full version would surface

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmkC7x2RaQ

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

https://twitter.com/FPL_FC/status/1413808241868369921?s=20

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

rip laurie a true legend

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
That time that Italy let Luke Shaw score like 1 minute into a Euro final

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trem_two posted:

That time that Italy let Luke Shaw score like 1 minute into a Euro final
That time Gareth Southgate brought on two subs with seconds left in the Euro final so they could take part in the penalty shootout after barely even having had the chance to do as much as jog, and then had a teenager take be the fifth penalty taker.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Any and every time England have been in a penalty shootout.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Someone saying "It's coming home"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

sticksy posted:

Any and every time England have been in a penalty shootout.

Southgates team has a 2:1 ratio for penalty shootouts though...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

CyberPingu posted:

Southgates team has a 2:1 ratio for penalty shootouts though...

What's England's record?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I forgot that the England squad has never changed in their history of existence

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Man 2010 - 2013 was such a fantastic time for football. Also that Fulham team that had Dempsey, dembele and others was such a fun team to watch.

That whole era of trolling man united fans and the classic joke by some goon of "I'd 8-2 be a man united fan" lol. I miss Abu Dave

Here's my contribution

https://youtu.be/SCmSJvT0Z1Y

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Fixins posted:

That whole era of trolling man united fans and the classic joke by some goon of "I'd 8-2 be a man united fan" lol. I miss Abu Dave

other cool things to remember correctly are the time that robbie keane launched one from halfway but roy carroll just caught it easily in his hands like an adult, giving the linesman no decision to make, as no doubt it would have been a very obvious call had it gone over the line

also the time that joey barton got sent off against city and invited three separate opposition players to a bbq he was having that weekend on his way off the pitch by way of apology

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
by far my favourite Joey Barton story is the time he was playing FM and got in a fight with himself.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I love the logic of punching four separate people on the grounds of "what are you going to do, give me a quadruple red card?" and then the FA subsequently giving him a twelve-match ban for four red-card offences

He kicked, he swore, he was not actually that good at the game when you boil it down, but there goes the smartest professional footballer the world has ever seen

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

He’s a proper thick oval office and sadly manages one of the local teams here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Looke posted:

He’s a proper thick oval office and sadly manages one of the local teams here
Isn't he the guy who put out a cigar on a teammate's eye at the team Christmas party?