Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Breath of the Wild 2 having that feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm playing through Resident Evil 0 just now and I can safely say I don't want BOTW2 to have that feature.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Xisticide posted:

I'm playing through Resident Evil 0 just now and I can safely say I don't want BOTW2 to have that feature.

if they did include the feature I don't think it would play like RE0 but you never know

either way at the very least I think zelda is going to have a more active role in the story than a lot of people seem to think based on the trailer. maybe she won't be actually playable in some fashion but I don't think she just falls into a hole in the ground and disappears for 90% of the game while link flies around in the sky

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

romanowski posted:

if they did include the feature I don't think it would play like RE0 but you never know

either way at the very least I think zelda is going to have a more active role in the story than a lot of people seem to think based on the trailer. maybe she won't be actually playable in some fashion but I don't think she just falls into a hole in the ground and disappears for 90% of the game while link flies around in the sky

Mark my words, the hole she fell into is "below" Hyrule Castle and she's going to be trapped in it for the entire game until the final boss where she does a single thing. Wouldn't mind being wrong, but Nintendo is Nintendo.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Ardryn posted:

Mark my words, the hole she fell into is "below" Hyrule Castle and she's going to be trapped in it for the entire game until the final boss where she does a single thing. Wouldn't mind being wrong, but Nintendo is Nintendo.

people also thought there weren't going to be any towns in BOTW because they didn't show any in the first two trailers

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

There still could be a playable or hot swapable Zelda in BOTW2, just may not be ready to show that yet.

But I won’t hold my breath.

that's redundant, you can just say swappable zelda.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-07-10-japanese-police-arrest-man-selling-modified-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-save-files

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Since 2003 "i hear the next game will let you play as Zelda"

The only thing worse then the Nintendo "leaks" are the zelda game "leaks"

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Based on Link having longer hair in one part of the trailer I have decided that BotW2 is actually going to have new Link who is a girl, and I'm going to be incredibly angry at Nintendo for lying to me if this doesn't happen.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Paying oot for the first time and I have no idea what to do next. I got the note from Zelda, went to goron town where I achieved nothing and couldn't even find brother. Went back to the forest and got the tune from the sacred Grove or whatever it's called.

Do I need to use a walkthrough? I don't feel like exploring every nook and cranny of the world for like 50 hours. I don't have that much spare time. I feel like all of my exploration options are blocked right now but I don't know what to do next. Someone in the game suggested I visit the lake. I did and couldn't achieve anything there either.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

redreader posted:

Paying oot for the first time and I have no idea what to do next. I got the note from Zelda, went to goron town where I achieved nothing and couldn't even find brother. Went back to the forest and got the tune from the sacred Grove or whatever it's called.

Do I need to use a walkthrough? I don't feel like exploring every nook and cranny of the world for like 50 hours. I don't have that much spare time. I feel like all of my exploration options are blocked right now but I don't know what to do next. Someone in the game suggested I visit the lake. I did and couldn't achieve anything there either.

This parts hard to figure out, I struggled too back in the day. You probably need to play a song in a specific place. Try Zelda’s song at the bottom of the Goron town in front of the closed door. The elder should come out.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Thank you!!!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Gruckles posted:

Based on Link having longer hair in one part of the trailer I have decided that BotW2 is actually going to have new Link who is a girl, and I'm going to be incredibly angry at Nintendo for lying to me if this doesn't happen.
I should be surprised that this actually happened with the first game, but that's giving the internet too much credit.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
In the next Legend of Zelda you can play as Zelda.

*Monkey paw curls*
It's a rerelease of The Wand of Gamelon

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

night slime posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Lw2apVf.mp4

I don't remember this happening to me before...hopefully Iwata reads this thread and celestially nudges a developer into putting it as a mechanic in BOTW2

There's loving bulls in BOTW? I'm pretty sure I never saw one...

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

sigher posted:

There's loving bulls in BOTW? I'm pretty sure I never saw one...

Yes, I believe there to be one on a shoreline with a moblin camp, near a leafy octorok, but watch out the moblin camp has an explosive crate that the bull can run in to!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I unironically enjoyed Zelda 2 and wish that they would do another one in that style. I doubt, however, that they ever will.

Xisticide posted:

Same. Wanted to like that game but didn't so much. The system boiled down to 'Play Billy all the time unless forced by contrived plot reaons'. Also, being able to place items was a great idea, taking out item boxes was dumb.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Count Uvula posted:

Yes, I believe there to be one on a shoreline with a moblin camp, near a leafy octorok, but watch out the moblin camp has an explosive crate that the bull can run in to!

Pretty sure thats on Eventide. I just did it and came here to brag about beating the Hinox to death with one of the metal boxes when he chased me up the hill to where the orb goes. Didnt even draw a weapon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Bulls spawn in the lower right of the map near the fishing village or jungle.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Also in the marshes southwest of the Zora tower

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kassad posted:

Also in the marshes southwest of the Zora tower

I always thought of those as water buffalo. That whole area reminds me of Vietnam.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

that would be because this is literally what they are lol https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Water_Buffalo

there are no actual bulls it's just these guys

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm sure this has been said for years, first time here, but I finally went into Hyrule Castle last week and beat the game. Never went into the Castle before, even when I played it on CEMU years ago and did everything else.
But I bought a Switch and went through it for real.

Holy loving poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3gWQ5XN30

This song has been replaying in my head all week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't especially care much about the more ambient bits of the soundtrack, but when they get a good location theme they really nail it. I think that and the Rito Village theme are my favorites.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skulk Hogan posted:

Pretty sure thats on Eventide. I just did it and came here to brag about beating the Hinox to death with one of the metal boxes when he chased me up the hill to where the orb goes. Didnt even draw a weapon.

I just stole the orb and ran. gently caress killing him.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Barreft posted:

I'm sure this has been said for years, first time here, but I finally went into Hyrule Castle last week and beat the game. Never went into the Castle before, even when I played it on CEMU years ago and did everything else.

Holy loving poo poo.

A few seconds in to hearing this in-game I found a safe place to camp and listen. It’s by far my favorite track in the game (both outdoor and indoor and especially how it fades in between them) and one of my favorites of the entire franchise.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

A few seconds in to hearing this in-game I found a safe place to camp and listen. It’s by far my favorite track in the game (both outdoor and indoor and especially how it fades in between them) and one of my favorites of the entire franchise.
Not an emptyquote. Same exact experience.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Barreft posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

I love the castle theme so much. nice little thing they do with the track is if you're outside there's a section that plays the classic overworld theme, but if you're inside the castle that same section play's zelda's lullaby instead

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm so glad I spent so long dicking around in emulators that I never touched the actual castle and real poo poo until I got the Switch.

Going to that castle is like the closest to a first memorable gaming spot I've had in awhile. And I guess that's why I had to post a week later, and it's still in my drat head.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Barreft posted:

I'm so glad I spent so long dicking around in emulators that I never touched the actual castle and real poo poo until I got the Switch.

Going to that castle is like the closest to a first memorable gaming spot I've had in awhile. And I guess that's why I had to post a week later, and it's still in my drat head.

Literally just you posting about it has probably lodged that theme into my head for the next week, and I non-sarcastically thank you for that

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Walla posted:

I just stole the orb and ran. gently caress killing him.

I couldnt get him to stay asleep long enough to pick it up.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Amppelix posted:

that would be because this is literally what they are lol https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Water_Buffalo

there are no actual bulls it's just these guys

There's also the hateno cow, which is mostly a domesticated version of the water buffalo anyway. Pretty sure water buffalo are closely related to cattle.

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

Skulk Hogan posted:

I couldnt get him to stay asleep long enough to pick it up.

Doesn't help now, but you can cut it off his neck if you throw a weapon at it. I broke two of mine fighting him, doing barely any damage, and just decided to say gently caress it and try that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My favorite part of BotW's Hyrule Castle music is the fact that there's some of Ballad of the Wind Fish in there, because Link's Awakening rules.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Golux posted:

There's also the hateno cow, which is mostly a domesticated version of the water buffalo anyway. Pretty sure water buffalo are closely related to cattle.

They are. Both cows and water buffalo are in the family Bovidae. :eng101:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Twelve by Pies posted:

My favorite part of BotW's Hyrule Castle music is the fact that there's some of Ballad of the Wind Fish in there, because Link's Awakening rules.

Agreed, finally some justice for the song after its terrible name reuse in Majora's Mask.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Reviews for Skyward Sword HD are coming out. It sounds like basically all the changes to the game were already announced.
-60 FPS, 1080p
-Option for button-only controls
-Free camera movements on right stick (holding L+Right Stick if you're using button controls)
-Cutscenes can be skipped and text can be sped up.
-Removal of some tutorial dialogue.
-Fi interrupts less often
-Item pick-up notifications only show up the first time you pick them up and don't come back if you turn off the game.
-Auto-saving

Joycon controls seem to work as well as the Wii controls for most actions, but have issues when it comes to aiming, which used to work using a hybrid of gyro and pointer controls. Reviewers saying that when you enter aiming mode, the cursor tends to immediately snap to the side of the screen and make Link spin around, and frequently needs to be recentered using the Y button.
Opinions on the button-only controls seem to be mixed. Some are saying they work well once you get used to them, others finding them very awkward, often accidentally swinging their sword when they're trying to move the camera.

If you were hoping for certain sections to be made optional, streamlined, or removed, looks like you're out of luck. It's the same game it was in 2011.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm kinda stoked as I never played it and will simp hard enough to deal with the dumb clunky bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Augus posted:

used to work using a hybrid of gyro and pointer controls.
not really and also this is actually a big reason why the controls were completely unusable for a large percentage of players

the only thing SS used the sensor bar for on wii was recentering your aim. whenever you were actively using the gyro for anything and the remote saw the sensor bar it would go "ah you're pointing forward now" but otherwise it would be purely on the motion detecting hardware.

but! the problem is, there was absolutely no way to turn off this auto-calibration. and if you've ever used the wii, you'll know that the remote really likes to see false positives whenever you have like even the tiniest modicum of sunlight leaking into the room you're playing in from somewhere (and god forbid you've, i dunno, placed your tv in a room with large windows or something. luckily no one ever does that.) this is not a problem in any game that uses the normal kind of pointer controls because the wiimote seeing for a microsecond that there's a light source resembling the sensor bar on the wall doesn't affect anything really and whenever you're actively pointing at the screen it'll see the real one and work perfectly. guess what happens in skyward sword though, when you're swinging the controller every which way and it suddenly thinks the light filtering in through the curtains is the sensor bar? that's right, that's now the game's calibrated neutral position and none of the motion gestures will work properly until you stop whatever you were doing and very carefully make sure it sees the real sensor bar again.

this could happen constantly whenever you're, say, swinging the sword side to side! or aiming one of the motion controlled things like the bird! and most people wouldn't even know what the drat problem was in the first place because the game certainly doesn't explain how its calibration system works so they would just think the whole thing was a broken mess!