Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Yes, especially when UK case numbers are ridiculously high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Good job the vaccines work then.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Yes.

Doubly so if testing was done via LFT.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

learnincurve posted:

Good job the vaccines work then.

most of the time.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/hea...-jabbed-3302725

It's still important to reduce the risk of transmission whilst cases are still high.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
complaining that people on the bus don’t wear masks is a bit pointless compared to what’s going on at Wembley tbh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well that’s it, England is getting burned to the ground by drunk men god speed and good luck the NHS.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Oh I agree the unvaxxed guys walking around maskless are worse, but that doesn't mean vaccinated people should ditch NPIs either.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

learnincurve posted:

complaining that people on the bus don’t wear masks is a bit pointless compared to what’s going on at Wembley tbh.

From the cries of despair on the street outside I'd say the Wembley experiment was a waste of time anyway :haw: (not a football fan myself)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This will be the second time a huge wave has been brought to me, a person who did everything right, from the south.

I have constantly painful skin because of allergies to masks and yet these guys are acting like covid does not exist, so what’s the point? I got my kids vaccinated and jumped through loopholes for the 17 year old, so that’s it I’m just done with masks, fat Dave painted as a giant flag doesn’t have big sores behind his ears so why should I?

e:I’m just angry that I did all this right and it was utterly pointless because it’s one rule for me and one rule for the white men.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Because it's been handled like compete poo poo from the very top down.

Too slow to lockdown, too quick to release lockdown and always promising things will be fine in a few weeks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1414259212700594177

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This has always been about money; NHS contracts, expensive super spreader events, air travel, London not being put in lockdown before Christmas because it would inconvenience MPs and their pals and so on. Insane, absolute insanity to allow untested and untracked crowds like that and yet here we are.

So what do they do? Bring in draconian laws that barely make a dent in the spread because warehouses and schools are still open and put a sad wanker with his “I’m mask exempt” lanyard at a little desk trying to see if he can get old ladies to wet themselves by pretending the toilets are all occupied and put barriers across disabled entrances. Yeh cheers well done.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

HI GBS

GUESS WHERE I’M POSTIN FROM

THE DOCTOR

I GOT COVID-LIKE SYMPTOMS

MY WHOLE BODY ACHES AND I GOT CHILLS AND MY VERBAL FILTER AINT WORKIN FOR poo poo

I AM LITERALLY HOT BLOODED RN

CHECK IT AND SEE

I LITERALLY HAVE A FEVER OF 103. 103.4 TO BE EXACT

gently caress

I HAVE BEEN FULLY VAXXED SINCE MARCH

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

I. M. Gei posted:

HI GBS

THE DOCTOR

MY WHOLE BODY ACHES AND I GOT CHILLS AND MY VERBAL FILTER AINT WORKIN FOR poo poo

CHECK IT AND SEE

gently caress

Enjoy your lifelong covid symptoms

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Well, he's hot blooded, check it and see.
He's got a fever of a hundred and three!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Meme Poker Party posted:

You are horrible and I hate you for this.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I live with my father and y’all have NO IDEA how hard I had to twist his arm to get him to drive me here

He kept saying I was fine and there was nothing wrong and refusing to help me

My only two comforts rn are RoboCop playing on the TV and watching my dad eat a buffet of crow

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MarcusSA posted:

You are horrible and I hate you for this.

Bro I just posted that same joke myself it’s fine

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I. M. Gei posted:

HI GBS

IT'S THE DOCTOR AND RIGHT THERE AND THEN I START HAVING COVID-LIKE SYMPTOMS. I HAVE EVERY SYMPTOM AND I HAVE THEM HARD. MAKING GROANING NOISES WHEN I MOVE OR EVEN WHEN I BREATHE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HAVE A TEMPERATURE OF 103. I CAN. I DO AND I POST IT IN ALLCAPS IN GBS WHICH JUST PROVES THAT MY VERBAL FILTER AINT WORKIN FOR poo poo.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:lol:

I actually haven’t had any respiratory symptoms as of yet and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

:lol:

I actually haven’t had any respiratory symptoms as of yet and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing

When will you get your results back?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Meme Poker Party posted:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

I. M. Gei posted:

HI GBS

THE DOCTOR

CHECK IT AND SEE

gently caress

I have Long Covid so enjoy the ride!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MarcusSA posted:

When will you get your results back?

Don’t know. They just did a second nasal swab and I’m still waiting on the results of the first one.

Good news is an EKG of my heart looks fine and a CT scan of my chest turned up nothing. Blood pressure looks good. They’re saying my kidney levels are elevated though, and they’re not totally sure why. Also my heart rate was up when I came in.

They got me hooked up to an IV pumping several liters fluids and meds and poo poo into me and they’re telling me I have to stay the night.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

On the plus side, I feel better than I did when I came in and I think my fever is down.

Still waiting on those swab results. The second one was a rapid test and I’m amazed it isn’t back yet.

EDIT: My rear end hurts from sitting on this lovely rear end doctor office bed

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

ymgve posted:

Doesnt drinking around the jab date reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine?

A bit late replying to this, but no, it doesn't seem to. There was some reporting a few months back to the effect that alcohol might reduce vaccine effectiveness, but the only organisation claiming it was an anti-alcohol charity, and there's no particular evidence to support it.

So you may draw your own conclusions.

Probably the best reason to go easy on the drink is that if you get side-effects from the vaccine, they're not going to feel any better if you've got a hangover too. Similarly, if you can't cut out drink without going into DTs then you should probably continue boozing furiously as normal.

Edit: I've got a bit of a travel dilemma myself at the moment; I need to return my lease car to Greater Sydney and while I guess that counts as 'Essential' I'm not overjoyed about travelling in and out. Half-AZ'd, won't be second jabbed for a couple of weeks.

richardm fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 12, 2021

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

A nurse went to get my rapid test results more than half an hour ago and isn’t back yet

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
You've not got covid you've got The Thing. Poor nurse should've kept a lid on the Petri dish

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

A nurse went to get my rapid test results more than half an hour ago and isn’t back yet

Rapid test not so rapid

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

richardm posted:

Edit: I've got a bit of a travel dilemma myself at the moment; I need to return my lease car to Greater Sydney and while I guess that counts as 'Essential' I'm not overjoyed about travelling in and out. Half-AZ'd, won't be second jabbed for a couple of weeks.

Don't count on that being regarded as essential. Almost nothing is regarded as a reasonable excuse for entering greater Sydney at the moment.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/what-you-can-do-nsw#visiting-greater-sydney

If you do come to Sydney to return the car, you will be required to follow Sydney stay at home orders for 14 days after you leave greater Sydney.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:woop: BOTH COVID TESTS NEGATIVE

:woop: MY TEMPERATURE IS NORMAL

:whitewater: My heart rate is still too high

:whitewater: Doctors think I have some sort of virus but they don’t know what and they don’t have a way to test it. But it’s not SARS-CoV-2

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

Lolie posted:

Don't count on that being regarded as essential. Almost nothing is regarded as a reasonable excuse for entering greater Sydney at the moment.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/what-you-can-do-nsw#visiting-greater-sydney

If you do come to Sydney to return the car, you will be required to follow Sydney stay at home orders for 14 days after you leave greater Sydney.

You may well be right; I'm counting on being covered by the 'unless' here:

NSW Health posted:

You cannot enter Greater Sydney for the purposes of :
obtaining ... goods and services for your household ... unless the ... goods and services are not available outside Greater Sydney

Perfectly willing to do the 14 days afterwards but I feel very uncomfortable about the whole thing. But the car's contract is against me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I. M. Gei posted:

:woop: BOTH COVID TESTS NEGATIVE

:woop: MY TEMPERATURE IS NORMAL

:whitewater: My heart rate is still too high

:whitewater: Doctors think I have some sort of virus but they don’t know what and they don’t have a way to test it. But it’s not SARS-CoV-2

You’re patient zero for paramyxovid-21.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

When I asked the doctor what my COVID test results were, he asked me (multiple times) why I wanted to know that and what I would do with that information. :wtf: Like bitch I dunno it’d be nice to know if I’m dying or if I might have long-term symptoms to watch out for

Then he told me I should be an economist and wrote some peoples’ (I assume economists?) names on a sheet of paper and gave it to me :wtc:

It was creepy as gently caress. That doctor was creepy

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

That's weird. Maybe the weird doctor is also a symptom.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am now at a bank

The doctors took me to the bank to stay overnight

I am sleeping in a bed inside of the goddamn bank

This is not how I expected to spend my day or night today

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Are you sure it was a real doctor?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I. M. Gei posted:

I am now at a bank

The doctors took me to the bank to stay overnight

I am sleeping in a bed inside the goddamn bank

This is not how I expected to spend my day or night today

You better hope you're having some horrible fever hallucinations, the only other explanation is that you've fallen into a Black Mirror episode

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait...
>Suddenly getting hot
>Recommended to a bunch of economists
>Spending time in a bank

are you a pile of collateralized mortgages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Adventures of the Man Who Was a Distressed Debt Obligation