Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

so in the next Nightmare Family vs Factory encounter it'll be QT and Ogogo vs Cody and the #ALLELITE debut of his new tag partner, Ogogo's greatest foe: the entirety of Italy.

it’s time

TIME FOR THE RETURN OF ROME HAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

it’s time

Hell yes

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Speaking of Italians:

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1414342852688203787?s=20

Holy. poo poo. Jones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That is unreal.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you can't fool me, that's one of the glamour shots from Napoleon Dynamite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kid Krush Jones

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I demand the return of Pizza Michinoku

(Incredibly, not only did TAKA use this name, it wasn't in WWE)

Changes his finish from the Marti-knees to the Spicy Meataball

Fettucci-knees!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Buddy of mine cobbled this together just now.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Fettucci-knees!

haha

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've been re-watching the Kenny/Hangman segment from last week occasionally and the biggest standout to me is that the crowd got so loving loud when he was in position for the Buckshot Lariat. It ruled.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Fettucci-knees!

This is better

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I re-watched road rager and noticed a couple things. One I noticed they took off that catchphrase stinger on mjf's entrance theme and it's so much better without it.

The other thing was how well the commentary team was working. they were really in sync and helping each other out a lot and just flowed really nicely. one of their better nights for sure. I think being back on the road really energized them more.

And yea that omega hangman segment was electric. unreal pops and reactions from the crowd. thassa hot feud.

also there is a lot to unpack in that taz pic

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My wife has rules Taz pic is officially hotter than Hook pic.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/1414316562824241154?s=21

New Hardy baby coming, surprised they booked him and Christian this week and not next week, unless Matt is actually taking some time off after this week.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

I've been re-watching the Kenny/Hangman segment from last week occasionally and the biggest standout to me is that the crowd got so loving loud when he was in position for the Buckshot Lariat. It ruled.

For anyone who says AEW doesn't do long-term storytelling, refer them to the minutes following the Kenny/Page vs Bucks title match at Revolution 2020 for this very reason. That's nearly a year and a half callback.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

New Hardy baby coming, surprised they booked him and Christian this week and not next week, unless Matt is actually taking some time off after this week.

They already taped Fyter Fest. It's why they had to move Moxley vs. Brian Cage forward a week.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

giant Ricky Starks. Ricky please get mega ripped and jacked and grow a mustache so you can look like this

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Bard Maddox posted:

giant Ricky Starks. Ricky please get mega ripped and jacked and grow a mustache so you can look like this
conversely, position ricky starks under a hydraulic press and compress until he's a shade under five feet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJeff posted:

They already taped Fyter Fest.

i thought all of july was live ?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

i thought all of july was live ?

MJeff is for some reason talking about Fyter Fest '20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every Fyter Fest was taped on July 1st and July 2nd, 2020. This is easily discoverable information.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really don't know why that made me laugh as hard as it did.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
AEW's halloween special should be calld Fryter Fest

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Another Hardy baby? Hardy’s gimmick should be Virile Matt Hardy. Horny Matt Hardy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

a cyborg mug posted:

Another Hardy baby? Hardy’s gimmick should be Virile Matt Hardy. Horny Matt Hardy.
Hardy Fucks Office

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

a cyborg mug posted:

can't believe the dastardly matt hardy would steal fuego's gimmick

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it's sunday night and i can't wait to see how they're doing dark

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kunabomber posted:

it's sunday night and i can't wait to see how they're doing dark

There were a handful of matches that taped on Wednesday that didn’t get announced for Elevation that I’m wondering if that ends up being dark.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

#scoop: scoopsgal was seen kicking over a meatball stand in Chelsea a few minutes ago, hollering about bringing it home

Too soon :cry::cry::cry:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

it’s time

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Coaaab posted:

conversely, position ricky starks under a hydraulic press and compress until he's a shade under five feet

I'm loving losing it with this page over that Taz pic :laffo:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Coaaab posted:

It's like a cartoon version of Ricky Starks had an anvil fall on him, and then he waddled away as a Taz.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Today is my first day back working at the office as opposed to from home and it's already depressing less than an hour in. Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

edit: The picture of Taz keeps me from going crazy.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Part of me kind of wants them to keep doing Fyter Fest so that in like 15 years when they're building to Fyter Fest 2036, people will be having to explain to younger fans that it's based on an internet meme scam music festival from 2017 where some rich people were left on an island with nothing but bologna sandwiches and piss-soaked tents or whatever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elevation card for tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd say this would be the thing that finally ensure Team Taz remains fine forever, but of course Team Taz is already fine!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That loser Brian Pillman Jr is going to blow Colton Gunn's undefeated record.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I watched that MLW match with Pillman and I thought it was fine? Pillman always has some sequences where he no-sells some strikes but I consider it a personality trait of his dumbass persona in the ring, since in the end he sells like hell when he needs to and does the job.

There was some weirdness in the beginning where he didn't come in right away when his entrance music was playing, and the announcers were covering for it, citing 'psychological games' and the match before him being a 30 second squash so he wasn't ready to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Elevation card for tonight.

Yay, Layla's back. :neckbeard: