Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Anders is the greatest character in the Dragon Age franchise.

edit: snype of the century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

K8.0 posted:

Shameful goons somehow overlooking that games designed for a touchscreen are so universally bad that there's literally never been a good one.

correct, there have never been any good smartphone or DS games, this is definitely a true fact

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

K8.0 posted:

Shameful goons somehow overlooking that games designed for a touchscreen are so universally bad that there's literally never been a good one.
Picross 3D Round 2 is the greatest game ever made

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~
I loved Dishonored, and couldn't even force myself to finish Dishonored 2 :shrug: something about it just felt off to me. I also liked the level design of D1 more so maybe I'm just weird.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I think I have to start a no quick saving policy for the Dishonored games, cause I'm robbing myself of any spontaneity, and freerolling risky manuevers.

What I'm saying is that I'd like a Mooncrash of the Dishonored series.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rinkles posted:

I think I have to start a no quick saving policy for the Dishonored games, cause I'm robbing myself of any spontaneity, and freerolling risky manuevers.

drat, that's literally my favorite game that's never coming out

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ZearothK posted:

drat, that's literally my favorite game that's never coming out

I'm discovering I have a lot of those

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Why, oh why, does rockstar’s launcher need over a gig of space?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

K8.0 posted:

wrong sorry try again

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I feel like DA2 was both the best and worst in the series. Best because it tried so hard to do new and different stuff/had a tighter focus and a lot of that actually worked. Worst for the obvious reasons with the brutal time crunch asset reuse and everything. I remember it more fondly than Inquisition for sure either way. I still think Inquisition had a good game in it, but anyone playing with remotely completionist tendencies needs to be talked out of it hard, because the sheer quantity of bullshit turned a good/decent game into a boring chore, and all the warnings about that just being the Hinterlands are super generous.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Red Dead Redemption 2 thoughts after doing the first forty minutes: cinematic, cinematic, cinematic. Gorgeous game. Has the best feeling snow I've ever seen in a game, with it modeling how it feels to walk in a path someone else has broken vs doing it yourself.

Not much else to say yet because it's still a movie with some shooting setpieces and horse driving.

Mad Max thoughts after playing its first section: the opening movie is basically a perfect mini-movie sequel to Fury Road. It got everything right and felt really good to watch! Then you hit gameplay and ayep it's an open world game. Which is great! I'm enjoying it! But also it's not the opening movie, which was great. I'm looking forward to using this as a palate clenser inbetween my main games, and slowly plugging away at getting all the map filled out.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

RDR2 does everything right that I wish Death Stranding did. For a game with so much more in it, all the minutiae feels right and weighty. Death Stranding just does a fraction of that, plus terrain traversal tools.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just wish I could have Arthur exist forever in the Chapter 3/Chapter 4 section of RDR2. It's so loving great and getting my rear end hauled back to camp because I've been living out in the wilderness hunting for so long people started worrying I was dead was such a great moment.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

RDR2 does everything right that I wish Death Stranding did. For a game with so much more in it, all the minutiae feels right and weighty. Death Stranding just does a fraction of that, plus terrain traversal tools.
I loved both but yeah you've nailed this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What the

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Well this is certainly an opinion.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I just want to say that I voluntarily paid real, authentic human money for The Crew 2 after playing it during its free weekend.

If you're like me and hated the game when you first tried it when it launched, you might like to know that it has been improved by leaps and bounds since then. It's a good fun time. It's not the best racing game out there but what it does have is probably the most interesting open world to explore out of all the open world racing games, and the driving physics are good enough to make driving not boring. The driving model isn't as good as Forza's but it's still fun. Also, racing AI doesn’t feel as bullshit to race against as it used to so that’s something as well.

I guess you could say it's the Mad Max of racing games. It’s definitely a fun time at :10bux:.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 12, 2021

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Dragon Age 2 is an uncomfortable game because as an RPG protagonist you are hoping to solve problems and find diplomatic solutions to conflict that please both side but every character in the game does the most psychopathic and violent thing possible at every opportunity. Part of that is probably on purpose but you get very numb to it and as a result you don't care about any quests or characters because you know everyone is secretly evil and will kill each other in the end.

Orv
May 4, 2011

K8.0 posted:

MLYP

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oldstench posted:

I was gonna say, I don't think I've ever played a game that has thrown more pointless annoyances at me than RDR 2. In Death Stranding, the difficulties during traversal were directly tied to its gameplay mechanics, with the game giving you several tools to work with and around them. In RDR 2 it feels like all the various simulationalist tidbits just exist to waste your time, getting in your way rather than meshing with the gameplay.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Lol if we're complaining about games wasting your time then the first 3 hours and last 10 hours of death stranding certainly do that. Absolute dogshit which is a shame because the time you spend in the second map actually playing the game was quite good. The whole 3rd act retroactively soured the rest of that game for me, loving awful. At least RDR2s story and characters were excellent, by the end of that game I was actually emotional and affected by it instead of annoyed and pissed off like in DS.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Every so often I think about the name Die Hardman and enjoy a sensible chuckle so Death Stranding is great for that alone.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

correct, there have never been any good smartphone or DS games, this is definitely a true fact

there are good smartphone games but no game whose primary input is touchscreen "buttons" or a touchscreen "joystick" will ever be good

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Rinkles posted:

Isn't that what Deathloop kinda is? I never played Mooncrash, but from what I understand it had the same 'repeat and learn until you find the perfect route' loop. And the combat looks very Dishonored.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Deathloop is kind of the opposite of that conceptually, since the consequence of messing up is that you now restart the entire run to reach your intended result rather than one level.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Mooncrash was one level.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it would be cool to play a Dishonored-like where you could also control time so that there was effectively no killscreen. You could reverse time to unkill people or yourself, or even speed up time to make them die faster!

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Put RDR1 on PC you absolute cowards!!!

E: I would take it over bloodborne, there I said it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I do believe RDR1 is referred to as a Frankenstein's Monster of video game development. But I do suppose Rockstar could whip their employees a little harder and create a PC port.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Aphex- posted:

Lol if we're complaining about games wasting your time then the first 3 hours and last 10 hours of death stranding certainly do that. Absolute dogshit which is a shame because the time you spend in the second map actually playing the game was quite good. The whole 3rd act retroactively soured the rest of that game for me, loving awful. At least RDR2s story and characters were excellent, by the end of that game I was actually emotional and affected by it instead of annoyed and pissed off like in DS.

Wrong. Lol.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Stux posted:

Wrong. Lol.

In what ways do you disagree with them? About the beginning and ending of DS? About the story and characters RDR2?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Trickyblackjack posted:

In what ways do you disagree with them? About the beginning and ending of DS? About the story and characters RDR2?

Death Stranding is good all the way through

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Oldstench posted:

Death Stranding's just far less weighty, especially as the game goes on and you get access to fancier and more powerful exoskeletons. There's also an incredible amount of jank with certain interactions, like if you try to climb with the hover trolley hitched to you. Vehicles also lack any sense of requiring care or maintenance. Even Days Gone does that better with the bike. I can't really put it in any better way than saying DS feels very digital, whereas RDR2 feels very analogue. Maybe another comparison is Death Stranding feels like Microsoft Flight Simulator, and RDR2 feels like DCS, you've got more minutiae to deal with that grounds everything.

To be clear, that doesn't make either game better or worse. The traversal tools in DS like the ladders and climbing anchors are a lot of fun to use, and developing routes is fantastic, and a lot of RDR2 devolves to tedium, particularly when you have to keep doing inventory shenanigans with your horse when weapons just disappear, but maybe a bit of that would improve Norman Reedus and the Funky Fetus.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Death Stranding is good all the way through

this

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The thrilling gameplay of pressing x 100x to make slightly better bullets.

e: I haven't played much of Death Stranding, but I couldn't finish RDR2 it was just so boring. I got to the part where you take a kid fishing and some cops show up and I couldn't stop rolling my eyes the entire time.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Do you guys think Kojima will make the cutscenes longer or shorter in the director's cut?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Trickyblackjack posted:

Do you guys think Kojima will make the cutscenes longer or shorter in the director's cut?

trick question, he's not making them longer he's adding MORE of them

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay genuine question I keep seeing people on my friends list buying Sword of Legends Online, and when I look it's a 40$ MMORPG. Is.... is it actually worth that much money?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:confused:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1414530758249787393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay genuine question I keep seeing people on my friends list buying Sword of Legends Online, and when I look it's a 40$ MMORPG. Is.... is it actually worth that much money?

I played the beta during the demofest and it was tepid garbage and might as well have been ROSE or Flyff or one of the other fly by night MMOs from the mid to late 2000s