Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Acerbatus posted:

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1413452477278560264

Someone at PM really does have a thing with trains.

also, hhpp talking about booking guests is always funny

"If you work together, you can overcome it."

:thonkful:

that's just not a bus pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's a very oldschool kinda bus :colbert:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/lob_pino/status/1254323116156678144

forgot to link this when the train showed up in the lp

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Time to ride the Express to Hell and hang out with everybody's favorite train conductor, Vergil.

I'm excited for Lobotomy Corp (Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry series)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Oh, Literature has another suppression-

It's Laetitia

pros: I get to see a good girl who has done nothing wrong

cons: I fight a good girl who has done nothing wrong

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The last phase of Gebura's realization is some real bullshit to spring on the player at the end of a long-rear end fight. Was doing well up to that point and then "Whoops, you didn't bring the right tools for this bit, you lose, try again later".

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I just got to the point in the game where it pops up a warning that beyond this point you'll be locked out of invitations or burning pages. Is that just, like, for the duration of the thing, or does accepting permenantly alter the save file?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You can give up and go back to being able to do things as usual, but you’ll have to start over from scratch if you do.

And once it’s over it’s business as usual again.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Alriune seems rough in LoR. I might see if I can scrape out the last couple library levels elsewhere and come back later.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

You can give up and go back to being able to do things as usual, but you’ll have to start over from scratch if you do.

And once it’s over it’s business as usual again.

Sweet, thanks. Time to try whatever this thing is.

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Alriune seems rough in LoR. I might see if I can scrape out the last couple library levels elsewhere and come back later.

A couple of quick tips for Alriune. Make sure you have the Mind Hauler passive on everyone and use Laughing Powder to blunt a lot of the danger. Cycle the damage dealer around to reduce the stress on your nuggets. If you are SotC then there are some very good defensive cards on the first Row that can be of use.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The pro move for Alriune is to have one person use Singular Strike and Extreme Edge/Clean Up/To Overcome Crisis to bully Alriune herself while everyone else focuses the dolls. You get a free turn at the start and can take one of them out pretty quickly.

Having a Singular Strike dude is super helpful for any kind of abnormality battle involving ranged attacks. Kim is the best one(you get him by putting in three random Urban Nightmare books).

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Arcvasti posted:

The pro move for Alriune is to have one person use Singular Strike and Extreme Edge/Clean Up/To Overcome Crisis to bully Alriune herself while everyone else focuses the dolls. You get a free turn at the start and can take one of them out pretty quickly.

Having a Singular Strike dude is super helpful for any kind of abnormality battle involving ranged attacks. Kim is the best one(you get him by putting in three random Urban Nightmare books).

Two, actually. Three just gets you the Jeong Office again.

Honestly, having looked over the mods for this game, a lot of them seem to be aimed at like SOTC or above., but I kind of feel like Urban Nightmare is my personal sweet spot in terms of power/complexity with things and I kind of wish there was more meat to this part of the game.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kainblueriver posted:

A couple of quick tips for Alriune. Make sure you have the Mind Hauler passive on everyone and use Laughing Powder to blunt a lot of the danger. Cycle the damage dealer around to reduce the stress on your nuggets. If you are SotC then there are some very good defensive cards on the first Row that can be of use.

This was basically the key, I got locked into "why would I clash with Alriune with someone who can't damage her" when clashing the person with the crown and getting them exploded / losing out on damage is exactly the thing I shouldn't be doing. :saddowns:

Arcvasti posted:

I never really went looking for a good ranged counter, thanks.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m definitely gonna be brewing a Singleton Grace deck, it sounds like.

In fact…

Draw of the Sword
To Overcome Crisis
Clean Up
Flèche
Extreme Edge
Heavy Peaks
Repressed Flesh
Will of the Prescript

…hm. This needs a ninth card. Probably something in blunt. Binding Arms maybe?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AweStriker posted:

I’m definitely gonna be brewing a Singleton Grace deck, it sounds like.

In fact…

Draw of the Sword
To Overcome Crisis
Clean Up
Flèche
Extreme Edge
Heavy Peaks
Repressed Flesh
Will of the Prescript

…hm. This needs a ninth card. Probably something in blunt. Binding Arms maybe?

Do you mean Singleton singular strike deck?

If not I'd add Puppet Blockade and drop Flèche, Extreme Edge, Heavy Peaks and TOC (if this isn't on Yujin) and put in Deep Drag, Loss of Senses, Trace of Fumes and Extract Fuel.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

Do you mean Singleton singular strike deck?

If not I'd add Puppet Blockade and drop Flèche, Extreme Edge, Heavy Peaks and TOC (if this isn't on Yujin) and put in Deep Drag, Loss of Senses, Trace of Fumes and Extract Fuel.

yeah it's Singleton Singular Strike (with Grace of the Prescript for extra power). Will just has good enough draw that it gets to be here despite not being a 1-die card.

It is, essentially, an anti-ranged deck.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Gebura’s Realization cleared! :toot:

I didn’t even have to make that many changes, honestly, though doing all the General Invitations did help for getting the last Smoke deck person. I picked up Grace instead of Esther, out Myo’s page into Gebura, and brought along a Smoke User, and Nothing There Roland folded pretty easily.

First crack at Chesed failed due to some poor play on my part, but a few tweaks should carry me through. For all the nitpicks I have about the game, the Realizations and Abnormality fights are rad as hell.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Oof the last couple Star of the City fights are a real “Git Gud” moment. There aren’t any power spikes left out there to be found, unless unrealized Binah and Hokma are going to be the answer to Xiao lighting my everything on fire.

Speaking of realizations, I kinda wish the gap between a Realized floor and an unrealized floor wasn’t quite so stark—it leads to things like never touching the floor of General Works. Although maybe that’s just me being dumb.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lord of Hats posted:

Oof the last couple Star of the City fights are a real “Git Gud” moment. There aren’t any power spikes left out there to be found, unless unrealized Binah and Hokma are going to be the answer to Xiao lighting my everything on fire.

Speaking of realizations, I kinda wish the gap between a Realized floor and an unrealized floor wasn’t quite so stark—it leads to things like never touching the floor of General Works. Although maybe that’s just me being dumb.

Binah is in fact pretty good against Xiao, if less so than she is against other bosses, because fairy is just really good against bosses in general.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I just got to Star of the City.

Does Crying Children always take forever? I got to use Magic Bullet like three times and I am also very glad it comes with its own music override

I am amazed Binah can look not creepy now. On the other hand she’s addicted to metaphor and tea as usual so it’s not totally the end of the world.

Woodsman is my new least favorite suppression

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Crying Children takes forever right up until you get to ~tier 2-3 SotC and then you get some stuff that can absolutely STOMP all over it. 7-part boss fights be like that.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I haven't played since before the ending was added, but:

AweStriker posted:

Does Crying Children always take forever? I got to use Magic Bullet like three times and I am also very glad it comes with its own music override

Yes it's a long long fight. You can do it a lot faster when you're prepared then going in blind, but it's still long as heck.

AweStriker posted:

Woodsman is my new least favorite suppression

I remember it being really easy once I made a party specifically to deal with it, but I can't remember the exact approach I took when doing so lmao.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/CoolKidsClubTL/status/1415916624889139201?s=20

translated art book coming later this year!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So been replaying the game, and gotta say that the flow from Canard to Urban Legend feels really good and smooth .Most I had to replay a fight to get everything I needed was 3 times, and I was making sure to get everyone's emotion levels up where I could.

Get into Urban Plague and oh god it is misery. Getting both Yuna and Salvador to EL4 and then killing them only got me two books of each, and they both have pretty crowded pools plus the always excellent Crack of Dawn. Also even though every other group book you need for story progression is given to you upon fight clear (a very good decision), you still have to grind for the Gaze Office book you need for two abnormalities. :shepface: I think I'm reinstalling the no-grind mod.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Hey guys I'm just testing something, it's cool, carry on...

-A super simple cakewalk
-Finn
-Phillip
-Shadow Moses
-Metal Gear
-A Mili Song

Hmm, 1 and 5 kind of lack depth on the light version and seem hard to see. Any ideas?

E: I gave them all a black background, that looks much more clear. I kind of like it, but the other alternative is to just not use 1 and 5. Not sure which one I want to do, exactly.

E2: Here's the standard versions if I did that:

I'll sit on this and see how I feel overall, I think.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 16, 2021

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Does anyone have good floor/keypage/combat page loadouts for Distorted Reverberation Ensemble they'd like to share? Looking specifically for entire loadouts rather than general advice for building. I want to finish the game for the story but I'm honestly feeling rather burnt out on the deckbuilding aspect of the gameplay, the whole Uninvited Guests phase of the game is just a little bit much for me.

E: Also, Field Mods have got to be the single most disappointing combat page in the game, not telling the player right away that the cost reduction only lasts until the card is used is a gigantic dick move.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 16, 2021

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Aumanor posted:

E: Also, Field Mods have got to be the single most disappointing combat page in the game, not telling the player right away that the cost reduction only lasts until the card is used is a gigantic dick move.

Field Mods' real use is as a single-use card that works on melee keypages, so you can make an 8-page deck for more reliability. It also usually makes up for it's own cost, thanks to the cost reduction.

Aumanor posted:

Does anyone have good floor/keypage/combat page loadouts for Distorted Reverberation Ensemble they'd like to share?

Just stick your Keter Realization team on Gebura's floor, give her two of focus spirit/spear/level slash/upstanding slash and an onrush and slap on Prowess and you'll probably be fine. Condense your Reverberation Ensemble load-outs onto the other four floors you feel most confident with, and use them if you do happen to get owned. This fight isn't that hard compared to the ones right before it, and you get five floors to deal with it on top of that.

My Keter Realization team looked something like this I think:

Purple Tear: x3 Overcharge, x3 Energy Conversion, x2 Serpentine Barrier, X1 Leap, Guard Stance.

Nikolai: Disposal, Concentration, Sturdy Defense, Multislash, Graze the Grass, Energy Conversion, Quick Suppression, Bulky Impact, Iron Wall?

Blue Reverberation: One of each of his exclusive pages

Can't remember my fifth page, but probably you want someone with smoke here, like Yae with Eileen's passive, for example. For passives you can't go wrong with fervor or haulers. Offensive position goes great with guard stance, and maximum crash is crazy for Nikolai.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Slowly but surely working my way into the endgame!

Late SotC: I’ve got what I assume is all the normal abnormality battles done, because I have to imagine Apocalypse Bird isn’t going to be a normal fight, because come on it’s Apocalypse Bird. Opening Binah’s first fight and going “Oh, Binah has the birds, neat!” followed by “Aw, gently caress that’s going to be really hard” was a great moment, and I hope they deliver on that promise. Although the Birds were all tremendous pains in the rear end to fight, and if I have to do them in sequence… urgh.

Hokma doesn’t have as obvious a theme going on, outside of the fact that he wants you to Always Be Blocking All The Time Forever, but if Binah gets Apocalypse Bird, then there’s really only one equivalent abnormality, and that’s WhiteNight, which… it’s the floor of Religion, it makes sense. And is also going to be brutal.

I took down R-Corp 2 a while ago, which isn’t really much harder than 1 (and has kind of disappointing rewards as a result, what with not giving you any new key pages) but I did take on the Purple Tear, which pretty much consists of the Gebura and Binah show. That’s… certainly a key page, alright. Really gives me the sense that we’re approaching the outer limits of how far this game system can reasonably scale.

Next up, Xiao and Yan, and then it’s onwards to the end!

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

The Lord of Hats posted:

(and has kind of disappointing rewards as a result, what with not giving you any new key pages)

I honestly kind of disagree with that. Clone unlocks all sorts of cool new stuff, and the unique cards for the R-corp people are all really good, especially for Myo/Nikolai. And Rapid Gashes is also really cool, although I forget if you need the Complete Book of Nikolai to unlock it.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

late sotc , con't:

Rapid Gashes and Clone are incredible together, even. my yujin deck is 3x of those, plus 3x overcome, and its brutal

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I just finished unlocking the lower levels in LOR. Very much preferring this to LobCorp, much more my style of game.

My only complaint is the librarian/key page UI, keeping track of decks/librarians is difficult for me. Also why isn't there a reminder when there's an available gift??

What's the point of general invitations? Grinding out sets you want?
Also, are Abnos random between games?

IAmThatIs fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 19, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

IAmThatIs posted:

I just finished unlocking the lower levels. Very much preferring this to LobCorp, much more my style of game.

My only complaint is the librarian/key page UI, keeping track of decks/librarians is difficult for me. Also why isn't there a reminder when there's an available gift??

What's the point of general invitations? Grinding out sets you want?
Also, are Abnos random between games?

- General Invitations start to be unique encounters with their own sets of rewards eventually; at some point grinding out more copies of anything you want you just do by replaying the battle. A later upgrade will make one of your floors better at this.

- Based on the story so far (I’m in T1 Star of the City, with all floors unlocked) I don’t think it would make sense for the Abnormalities to be randomized.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Arcvasti posted:

I honestly kind of disagree with that. Clone unlocks all sorts of cool new stuff, and the unique cards for the R-corp people are all really good, especially for Myo/Nikolai. And Rapid Gashes is also really cool, although I forget if you need the Complete Book of Nikolai to unlock it.

I now admit I was wrong. I was just too focused on Key Pages to appreciate good combat pages.

In other news, I’ve completed SotC!

It was pretty nice to go back to a standard fight in the Hana Association after the string of bosses at the end of SotC. Roland used to be a Color! Neat! He has his own custom pages like Binah now, sweet! They’re… okay, I guess?

I know he described himself as being very straightforward as a fixer, bit his cards show that his whole approach was having on-demand access to a shitload of different weapons from different workshops via his gloves. That’s neat! But the cards are all mostly pretty boring, and I think just a little tweaking would really sell it a lot better. But hey, he’s still straightforwardly effective.

I was right about Hokma getting WhiteNight, I was wrong about WhiteNight being hard. I got it on my first try, and while I may have had some luck with my chosen loadouts, I never really felt that pressured.Apocalypse Bird, on the other hand, is a goddamn nightmare. My first attempt I sailed through to Judgment Bird no problem, lost a couple people to a misplay, but was able to at least see Apocalypse Bird. Since then, I keep stumbling on goddamn Big Bird. I’ve only reached Punishing Bird like once since that first go.

And once I have that… it’s looking a lot like Endgame. Excited to see how it goes!

Also, Ayin sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck. gently caress you, Ayin.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I shall give you my three tips for Binah realization

-don’t use The strongest. Nikolai’s +1 to everyone at 11 or higher charge is great tho
-purple tear’s spot weakness card is AMAZING in this fight, ensuring that you always have a good card to clash with the mass attacks, a good way to target weaknesses, and just in general a good response to anything in the fight. I can’t overstate its versatility, had one in every deck.
-apoc bird’s light consumption is scary, but running unlock+multislash+will of the city+The 0 cost light recovery from Liu makes it much less so, particularly if you’re winning clashes against the mass attacks.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Blind Faith, from Yan's pageset, is also a great tech card for that encounter.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

TeeQueue posted:

Useful Advice

Thanks, this did the trick! So now it’s just story progression, and, uh.

Am I going to have to fully kit out every floor at the same time and carefully ration resources between them? Because I cleared Netzach and went to do another floor and whoops, those keypages are locked. Because distributing my heavy hitters between ten fights I haven’t seen is going to be really goddamn hard. That’s so many keypages to fill.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Thanks, this did the trick! So now it’s just story progression, and, uh.

Am I going to have to fully kit out every floor at the same time and carefully ration resources between them? Because I cleared Netzach and went to do another floor and whoops, those keypages are locked. Because distributing my heavy hitters between ten fights I haven’t seen is going to be really goddamn hard. That’s so many keypages to fill.

No, thankfully. They're grouped up with it freeing all your key pages after the first 4, then the next 3.

I do feel like the pacing in the game could use some evening out. The last section feels so exhausting, since the fights get so long and the story progression gets so stretched out.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

No, as said above. If it helps, you can TOTALLY just solo Phillip using a single Lone Fixer librarian in Xiao's page with a Mind Hauler, it frees things up and makes you only really have to deal with 3 floors of messing around at a time.

That said, the endgame of ProjMoon games do not respect your time. This has been their biggest weakness as a game company so far, and the player revolt that caused them to expand the ending and add more fights to it did not help this.

But hey, they upped the book drop rates! So that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Yeah. I stopped playing this game in star of the city when I realized that the game had gone from 'neat, I have to change my decks for realizations or occasionally a boss' to 'you will need multiple tries to figure out how to beat every single reception, which can take fourty minutes or more.'

I'm fine with doing that once in a while, but getting to the point where an 'easy' fight takes 40 minutes of figuring out and then a hard one might take an hour or two, plus needing multiple runs to get pages that take a long time even once you have the strategy down pat put me off entirely.