Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

gnoma posted:

One of the new precepts, Reflex Denial, creates a shield that absorbs incoming shots (including friendly fire) and pulses out the damage in an AoE. Check if the hound has that equipped.

That might be it.
I wonder if the dome isn't visible if you're cloaked though, since I've been playing a lot of Ivara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That could be. I haven't been playing invisible frame and its very visible.

My first impression was that we got a pet with a small mobile Mag bubble which sounds great. But it doesn't really live up to that description and largely just gets in the way in my experience.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

FunkyFjord posted:

That could be. I haven't been playing invisible frame and its very visible.

My first impression was that we got a pet with a small mobile Mag bubble which sounds great. But it doesn't really live up to that description and largely just gets in the way in my experience.

Also real fond of getting his rear end kicked, even while we're in "stealth mode" sicne the enemies seem to attack on reflex wen he spits the zap ball out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I didn't see it in Simaris' inventory, is there way to get dupe Yareli BPs to feed to helminth?

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

I didn't see it in Simaris' inventory, is there way to get dupe Yareli BPs to feed to helminth?

I bought it from him, it only appears after you've done the quest tho obviously.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
eh that just means I wasn't looking closely enough, thanks
They made a decision that all voiced lines this patch have to have a pause after each word for ultimate dramatic effect and I loving hate it. Just say it like a person!

Also why do all the queenpins sound like I'm fighting the golden girls?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

Also why do all the queenpins sound like I'm fighting the golden girls?

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Its a bad thing. The sisters voice acting is atrocious and uncharacteristic for a game with very memorable voice overs. And there's a bug where their voice doesn't have post editing so it sounds filtered-normal-filtered in the same dialog chain. Kuva liches all want to kill you but in different personalities. Sisters are all over the place.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I don't know, so far I've encountered "Dismissive Ice Queen" and "I SIMP for Parvos" and they've been as much in-character as the Kuva Liches. Also my brain automatically put the voices as being down to Corpus voice modulation, so it didn't stand out at all.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Is my Sister only stealing credits sometimes, or is that some kind of visual bug and she's taking a bit of everything like a Kuva Lich does?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

They are credits only.

Another thing, my sister doesn't talk when I summon her. Tell me about Parvos! The in-universe goofiness made kuva liches fun. Sisters are just goofy.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Should be only credits, and more than liches, from what I've seen.

And I don't know, I did notice any voice line bugs or mistakes yet and I kind of like their voice lines. I could maybe do without the immediate flip flop on vanquish and getting a line every single time I down a dog thrall, but other than that they seem pretty alright.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the big thing is that they drop globs of credits whenever one of them is chased off in a mission and then at the end of said missions you end up getting most of the credits taken away, but it all leads to nice little payout when you finally take them out. it's mostly just a neat little bonus on top of the actual rewards and i'll never turn down more credits.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I have to say after having run many sisters and now a lich post-patch, if you at all care about optimizing resources save your Oulls and especially anger beacons for liches. They save you like one mission for sisters but two missions for liches! Twice the value!

if you don't care just use whatever whenever you want because you're gonna get more

still really happy with how improved the system is. I think the best change they made between the two is the 'fewer but a lot more valuable' approach hounds have.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, Oulls seem common enough that I don't feel bad about using them.

I just spent two Legendary Cores on Galvanized mods and I think I'm going to be sick.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 12, 2021

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So are hounds supposed to do anything special, or is it the individual pieces I'm supposed to care about

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
they provide mastery once you gild them at Legs' shop.

beyond that I sure haven't found a use over smeeta or dethcube, or until this patch Helios ( :rip: )

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Wait what'd they do to Helios?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wait what'd they do to Helios?
It can't use gladiator mods any more.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh my god the ambassador looks like a real poo poo farm
looks like that'll get put off till liches are caught up

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm not even going to bother.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Ambassador is sporothrix/arum tier of "wow thats way too much effort for most frames, let alone a scrappy mr fodder rifle"

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, Oulls seem common enough that I don't feel bad about using them.
Man, i must have rough luck, im 14-15 sisters in and have only gotten a single one to drop (besides the one you get from the login mail)

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
That Tenet Envoy is an absolute riot. Think I'll push this baby to the whole 5 forma goodness, to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

No idea what it's like in Steel Path, as I only very very occasionally dip my toes into that, but in anything else, what a ride!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

FishMcCool posted:

That Tenet Envoy is an absolute riot. Think I'll push this baby to the whole 5 forma goodness, to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

No idea what it's like in Steel Path, as I only very very occasionally dip my toes into that, but in anything else, what a ride!

Yeah it's fun. The reload while holstered thing should just be standard on all guns. Now I'm actually swapping weapons constantly - just leaping into groups of mooks firing rockets then meleeing when I land.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

hazardousmouse posted:

They made a decision that all voiced lines this patch have to have a pause after each word for ultimate dramatic effect and I loving hate it. Just say it like a person!

Look if you can't grasp the extreme drama and gravity of the forced Yareli cutscenes that they worked so hard on you don't deserve to play their game you philistine. Also I have no idea what's in the comic book because I just activate an autoclick macro whenever devs do that.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Mailer posted:

Look if you can't grasp the extreme drama and gravity of the forced Yareli cutscenes that they worked so hard on you don't deserve to play their game you philistine. Also I have no idea what's in the comic book because I just activate an autoclick macro whenever devs do that.

It was a neat comic and the ventkids are cool and grandma entrati is also cool. Warframe has a cool story that is fun. Don't let it stop you from getting back to the world of grinding the same five levels over and over again if that's what gets you hard, though.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Any new reason to take out and show off my pimped k-drive is a good one in my book. I wish I could get arcanes out of this rather than Eidolons...

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Some of the sister characters are a bit over the top and the voice acting follows suit, but i think they're goofy and i appreciate the variety.

Mailer posted:

thats some real :goonsay: for whats a couple minutes total

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 12, 2021

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

I don't know, so far I've encountered "Dismissive Ice Queen" and "I SIMP for Parvos" and they've been as much in-character as the Kuva Liches. Also my brain automatically put the voices as being down to Corpus voice modulation, so it didn't stand out at all.

There's also 'southern space belle' and 'australian murderess'. I think they got little ducks voice acress to do one of them with a different voice mask.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So are hounds supposed to do anything special, or is it the individual pieces I'm supposed to care about

They are Just Another Pet thats worth mastery but you get them for doing sisters and can eventually build your own fashion hound just from gathering/trading the right parts or to get the precepts you don't have.

The one nice thing they can do is turn of nullifier bubbles. this makes them semi-okay or at least to have a use.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 12, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

it dont matter posted:

Yeah it's fun. The reload while holstered thing should just be standard on all guns. Now I'm actually swapping weapons constantly - just leaping into groups of mooks firing rockets then meleeing when I land.

The world you dream of is already possible.

I highly recommend people play with a couple synth mods on their pet and enjoy never having to reload ever again.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The world you dream of is already possible.

I highly recommend people play with a couple synth mods on their pet and enjoy never having to reload ever again.

Yeah, that'sme with the Kuva Ogris, but the smallish magizine makes it difficult.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I found something new (to me): charging a Xoris (or glaive I guess) throw while it's already flying means you catch the return, spin, and throw it right back in three different gorgeous animations

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

genericnick posted:

Yeah, that'sme with the Kuva Ogris, but the smallish magizine makes it difficult.

There's exilus mods that do this too. There's one for each of the weapons classes. (Snipers may be exempt). Its like 20% per second and increases when you stack the synth mods on top.

The pistol one on the Ocucor is fantastic and makes the gun.

Nobody really knows about them since they were conclave mods, then got added to sentient drop pools.

I think they're cheap on the market tho.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

There's exilus mods that do this too. There's one for each of the weapons classes. (Snipers may be exempt). Its like 20% per second and increases when you stack the synth mods on top.

The pistol one on the Ocucor is fantastic and makes the gun.

Nobody really knows about them since they were conclave mods, then got added to sentient drop pools.

I think they're cheap on the market tho.

Ah, didn't know about those though I'm pretty sure the ogris uses sniper ammo.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Oh man DE is actually making my dream come true and giving out free Loki Primes for the tennocon streams.

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1414573018228133897

This mightve lost me about a thousand plat from uncracked vaulted relics but lmao thats a trivial price to pay for finally seeing that absurdly expensive useless prime be (slightly more) available.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 12, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
Loki Prime isn't useless... :smith:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
That's going to make some brilliant reading on their forums, hoarders are going to be mad.

Already having Loki Prime here, I take it that's basically completely useless? I already helminted the free Loki they gave out before, I don't think there's anything to do with a double of the prime?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I found something new (to me): charging a Xoris (or glaive I guess) throw while it's already flying means you catch the return, spin, and throw it right back in three different gorgeous animations

Yeah, they added buffered throws a while back and they definitely help the feel.

I had to add Killing Blow to speed up the throw time on my Xoris, though. 1.2 seconds was untenable. ALso have a Crit Chance/combo count chance/heavy attack efficiency/-puncture Riven for mine. So getting through the Granum Void is just spamming throwing explosions for 25 seconds.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Orv posted:

Loki Prime isn't useless... :smith:
In the sense that he does nothing regular loki (who is a trivial hyena farm) can't, and the mr/skin is maybe worth 30-50p (if that, considering there's better deluxe or tennogen fashion)

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

FishMcCool posted:

That's going to make some brilliant reading on their forums, hoarders are going to be mad.

Already having Loki Prime here, I take it that's basically completely useless? I already helminted the free Loki they gave out before, I don't think there's anything to do with a double of the prime?

I guess if for some reason you have six different Loki builds you want to use and don't want to spend the plat on another config slot you might have 2 Loki primes.