Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
SNKRX has been ported to Android by the Dev. It's a weird Snake Roguelike that is actually decent despite the aneurism you just had reading my description of it.

Edit apparently it was ported earlier in the month but just made pc parity with the recent update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Kris xK posted:

SNKRX has been ported to Android by the Dev. It's a weird Snake Roguelike that is actually decent despite the aneurism you just had reading my description of it.

Snake Roguelike Autochess to be exact. The units/unit groups/upgrades are straight out of Autochess games.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh this sounds cool, gonna check this out!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

Snake Roguelike Autochess to be exact. The units/unit groups/upgrades are straight out of Autochess games.

What the gently caress

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Real weird game. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it's a fun little time waster for the price

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.logicom.mastermind

This isn't exactly new, but I just ran into this on the app store and the other night and it was a huge nostalgia trip for me. My dad had one of the original '70s Mastermind handhelds and taught me how to play, this is a fantastic recreation old game. It's a great time waster and doesn't look too gamey if you're trying to waste time at work, just looks like you're working on a calculator or something. The game options and app description have a pretty good guide on how the game works, but basically you have eight chances to come up with a four digit code. Once you input your first guess you're given an indicator of if you have any of the correct numbers in your sequence and of any of the numbers are in the correct place. You use that info to generate your next guess and so on until you either get it or fail. Give it a shot, it's free and completely ad-free.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

New Leaf posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.logicom.mastermind

This isn't exactly new, but I just ran into this on the app store and the other night and it was a huge nostalgia trip for me. My dad had one of the original '70s Mastermind handhelds and taught me how to play, this is a fantastic recreation old game. It's a great time waster and doesn't look too gamey if you're trying to waste time at work, just looks like you're working on a calculator or something. The game options and app description have a pretty good guide on how the game works, but basically you have eight chances to come up with a four digit code. Once you input your first guess you're given an indicator of if you have any of the correct numbers in your sequence and of any of the numbers are in the correct place. You use that info to generate your next guess and so on until you either get it or fail. Give it a shot, it's free and completely ad-free.

gently caress yeah I used to love this game! This is awesome thanks!

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Another spot opened up in the goon Shop Titans guild if anyone else wants to get in on it. Just drop your player ID and I'll send out an invite

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If anyone is still looking for a mobile FTL, may I suggest Star Jumper? It's not an exact clone, but it's pretty close!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmdsoftware.starjumper

It hasn't been updated since 2017 unfortunately, so there are still a handful of bugs that probably won't ever be fixed, but it's a genuinely enjoyable time killer!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Lots of board game sales

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Junkie Disease posted:

Lots of board game sales

link?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Are there any Hockey, Soccer or Basketball games in the vein of retrobowl?
That's such a drat good game

Retro Goal is out. I'm gonna give it a try now, but considering I loved Retro Bowl, I'm optimistic.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newstargames.retrogoal

Edit: It's fun. 1.5$ CDN for the unlimited version. You get 10 free matches. The team management is deeper than Retro Bowl. Running with the ball takes a bit of getting used to, but it's the same gameplay loop as with Retro Bowl.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 11, 2021

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Retro Goal is out. I'm gonna give it a try now, but considering I loved Retro Bowl, I'm optimistic.

Edit: It's fun. 1.5$ CDN for the unlimited version. You get 10 free matches. The team management is deeper than Retro Bowl. Running with the ball takes a bit of getting used to, but it's the same gameplay loop as with Retro Bowl.

Yeah this is good, alot more complex, way more control over movement and matches. Retro Rink when?!

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Retro Goal is a lot of fun. I bounced off it a bit at first until I got the hang of the controls, I still sometimes have trouble dribbling and controlling the ball after a tackle but the slow mo makes lining up perfect shots almost too easy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kris xK posted:

Edit apparently it was ported earlier in the month but just made pc parity with the recent update.

This game is pretty fun.

A little on the buggy side though

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

For the price? Shiiiiiiiiiiit
There is no reason for everyone not to own it.
Running is a little different but I didn't know I needed a game like this. I'm having a blast

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I spent some time with it last night and it's definitely weird getting used to the controls, the fact that you (I think) swipe forward to dribble forward but when you want to line up a shot or a pass you hold the opposite direction keeps screwing me up.

Edit: That said I had a lot of fun with it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Wizard Legend is fun

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Theres a Monster Train clone out now in EA called "Protect the Realm"

Its dumbed down (no army matchups, no relics) but its early access and seems okay so far.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

No cloud sync for retro goal :(

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

No cloud sync for retro goal :(

Did that end up showing up for Retro Bowl? I'm sure many features will eventually make their way. Like ATM I don't think I can even check my team's stats (like goals and assists), but surely there's an internal counter somewhere because the game talks about hitting milestones.

I'm stuck in a bad death spiral in my 3rd season because I splurge on recruiting new guys my 2nd season but I ran out of money my 3rd season to extend them welp. But yeah game's fun. I thought 'Normal' would be too easy as I blitzed the first two seasons but now that I'm severely underpowered in the top flight, it's a challenge.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I didn't know how soccer team management worked and expected a draft after the first season lol

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
XCOM2 IS OUT!

Its $35 CAD so I'm waiting for some reviews but hopefully its decent.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone play any of the GTA3 series of games on their phone? I have an 8bitdo controller and have never really given those games any time, so this really be my first dive into them.

I have Chinatown Wars already, but I'm specifically wondering about 3, VC, and/or SA. Or the Stories ones, if those are any good.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone play any of the GTA3 series of games on their phone? I have an 8bitdo controller and have never really given those games any time, so this really be my first dive into them.

I have Chinatown Wars already, but I'm specifically wondering about 3, VC, and/or SA. Or the Stories ones, if those are any good.

Some of their games haven't been updated to work with newer versions of android, so make sure to check that first before buying them. I have bully, but it just exits on load.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think I would only recommend SA. I have Vice City on my phone, and it's a blast from the past, but the gameplay/controls have aged so terribly. San Andreas was such a vast improvement in your character's mobility, and plays much more like a modern game: you can actually swim instead of drowning from your toe touching the water; you can actually scale walls instead of being blocked by a knee-high enclosure. It had much better aiming available too iirc, though not sure how that translates to mobile.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Wizard Legend is fun

Thanks for mentioning this one, I liked Archero but I got bored with it and when I tried playing it again it had become way too microtransactioney. This is basically the same but different and I just looked up the dev team and lol that this is another dev entirely. The no ads upgrade was cheap enough and I'm having a good time with it though!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

explosivo posted:

Thanks for mentioning this one, I liked Archero but I got bored with it and when I tried playing it again it had become way too microtransactioney. This is basically the same but different and I just looked up the dev team and lol that this is another dev entirely. The no ads upgrade was cheap enough and I'm having a good time with it though!

Yea its pretty great!! I'm having a good time trying out different builds, I like the loop so far. What's your favorite or best build?

I spent a few hours with ads and putting the phone down regularly but figured I enjoyed it enough to do no ads and I'm enjoying it a lot more. Dont forget to still click for the bonus you get it immediately lol.

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 14, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea its pretty great!! I'm having a good time trying out different builds, I like the loop so far. What's your favorite or best build?

I spent a few hours with ads and putting the phone down regularly but figured I enjoyed it enough to do no ads and I'm enjoying it a lot more. Dont forget to still click for the bonus you get it immediately lol.

idk I usually just stack whatever element I find most of but have found the runes like the purple laser beams and the lightning are super powerful and making runes more common and powerful allows you to do some dumb stuff

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

explosivo posted:

idk I usually just stack whatever element I find most of but have found the runes like the purple laser beams and the lightning are super powerful and making runes more common and powerful allows you to do some dumb stuff

Yea I started with that and then realized that stacking spell types will also give you bonuses to like arrow or missile if you get to at least 3 so I've been messing with that. Fully maxed circles of each spell, +1 to circles and then Birdcage (circles roam to enemies) and all the other circle trinkets was probably the most powerful I've been. I haven't gotten to 8 of the same color yet though

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Retro Goal is way more challenging than Bowl was, wow. Managing your roster is really hard with limited funds, you end up relying on black shoes alot more.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Any raid boss players having issues?

Just getting this today:

No other internet issues, so I want to blame them.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Is there a thread for the Witcher AR game that comes out Wednesday?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Silly Newbie posted:

Is there a thread for the Witcher AR game that comes out Wednesday?

PokeMurder: Geralt

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Do we have a raid boss alliance?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

municipal shrimp posted:

Do we have a raid boss alliance?

Yeah, Raid Goons. Don't know how active it is anymore though, I quit a while back and handed leadership over.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haven't touched another game since Slay the Spire ported. Now on Ascension 18 and have killed the heart with the Silent.

I was enjoying it all along, but geez it just clicked when I got choosy about what cards I add (i.e. skip more often than not) and often use my removes to get rid of the basic strikes/defends.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I've been playing a ton of Rogue Adventure lately, and same. Paladin decks that are just combo attack/heal cards and the nuke that increases in damage every time you heal yourself is so powerful, one of my last runs I was sitting on piles of gold and gems because there just wasn't anything in the shop I wanted to add.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rogue Adventure it makes even more sense to be choosy imo. Most classes start with a pretty good deck that really, really emphasizes a certain tactic; why would you bother filling it with junk cards that don't advance your goal? Conversely in Slay the Spire, your starting deck is 9/10ths garbage and you wanna stuff your deck with cards immediately so that you just don't see those awful cards as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
Is anybody else playing the Puzzle Quest 3 beta? I started a few days ago and would love to find a good alliance/clan/whatever.

Initial thoughts on the game, in no particular order
-the graphics were initially extremely choppy and underwhelming until I found the options menu. After adjustments I'm quite happy with the visuals.

-the story writing is much better than I expected

-the match-3 gameplay has some really neat improvements and is compelling enough that I'll keep playing for a while

-the progression seems bad. I don't feel like I received the embarrassment of riches that a premium gacha game starts you out with. The paid options for currency seem like a terrible deal. I hope they wipe progression before the game goes live and they increase the rates of drops, currencies, etc.