Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol jesus christ

i think the entire industry suddenly got nervous about mods though. the witcher 3 cast have been complaining about it for awhile now, but i don't know what game companies are really supposed to do about it.

Yeah this is an extreme example but it seems like something the industry is starting to worry about a lot, at least when it comes to celebrities. CD Projekt Red went hard to take down a Cyberpunk 2077 texture-swap mod that let the player have sex scenes with Keanu Reeve’s character, something that I’m not aware that they’ve done with any other mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol jesus

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah this is an extreme example but it seems like something the industry is starting to worry about a lot, at least when it comes to celebrities. CD Projekt Red went hard to take down a Cyberpunk 2077 texture-swap mod that let the player have sex scenes with Keanu Reeve’s character, something that I’m not aware that they’ve done with any other mods

hell,

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that's adds a layer to it because keanu reaves's character in that is so obviously motion captured from him. there were similar issues with the shower scene in that game elliot page was in (i think it was heavy rain). people found some way to change the camera and actually see boobs.

e: i guess it was Beyond Two Souls, not heavy rain

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 12, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

that's adds a layer to it because keanu reaves's character in that is so obviously motion captured from him. there were similar issues with the shower scene in that game elliot page was in (i think it was heavy rain). people found some way to change the camera and actually see boobs.

Beyond Two Souls, and it was even creepier because David Cage had the devs do a full body scan of Page and implement the model in game without his consent.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress David Cage, that’s heinous

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RandolphCarter posted:

gently caress David Cage, that’s heinous

Yeah by all accounts he's a real piece of poo poo

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Beyond Two Souls, and it was even creepier because David Cage had the devs do a full body scan of Page and implement the model in game without his consent.

I’m pretty sure that’s not true? Page never got told about it but they didn’t do a random full nude scan during development, it’s his head on a body made by the art department.

e: Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/ellen-page-explored-legal-action-against-sony-over-nude-video-game-images-2015-4

I mean, it’s still skeevy AF but not “let me scan you in the nude and use that without your permission” skeevy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

How do you do a "Full-Nude Bod Scan" on someone without their consent

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

:stare:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mkvltra posted:

How do you do a "Full-Nude Bod Scan" on someone without their consent

Very Carefully.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Looks like the reason Judgment hasn’t come to PC is because the talent agency of Yagami’s actor refuses to allow it, and it might kill the series:

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1414530758249787393?s=21

I didn’t even know his actor was that big a deal, he’s the voice of Howl in the original Japanese version of Howl’s Moving Castle. Weird. The speculation is that the agency wants to control his image and doesn’t want the game to be on a system where things can be modded

loving lame

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Yagami kinda sucks though. I think they could easily keep the theme of the series and just follow a new character and not much would be lost.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Someone on Twitter just pointed out that this insane talent agency is probably also the reason that Judgment is the only Yakuza game aside from the FOTNS spin-off that doesn’t have karaoke even though Takuya Kimura is also a famous singer.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

This talent agency seems pretty talented at sucking

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

kimura sadly packing away his camera, his tap shoes, his piano, his juggling clubs, as the talent agency manager grumpily tells him that they'd all dilute his brand.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

wow, that sucks. i get voice actors feeling weird about mods that sort of use their voices but this idea that it's going to put them out of business or tarnish their image seems a bit extreme to me. hopefully this is just his way of asking for more money and sega can pay him.

i'm going to mod mike matei's ding dong onto him

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm going to mod mike matei's ding dong onto him

Dore dake tsuyoi osake demo, yugamanai omoide ga baka Matei

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
all that psycho stuff about talent agencies being super controlling is pretty normal. its kind of weird that kimura is like a 50 year old man now and no llonger in smap so idk why they'd force him to not follow his wife on instagram thats more of a thing they do with female idols where they have to pretend they don't have boyfriends otherwise an akb48 fanatic stalks them by triangulating the idols location using reflections in their sunglasses and kills them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all that psycho stuff about talent agencies being super controlling is pretty normal. its kind of weird that kimura is like a 50 year old man now and no llonger in smap so idk why they'd force him to not follow his wife on instagram thats more of a thing they do with female idols where they have to pretend they don't have boyfriends otherwise an akb48 fanatic stalks them by triangulating the idols location using reflections in their sunglasses and kills them.

in my experience the fanatics are generally beaten with traffic cones and learn life lessons before they can do any real harm.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good thing American talent agencies are perfectly normal and have no history of weird behavior or abuse

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

From reading about it it sounds like everyone else in his group all left and he just stayed on his existing terms for no reason? so I guess they just kept doing whatever insane poo poo they were doing

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Yagami kinda sucks though. I think they could easily keep the theme of the series and just follow a new character and not much would be lost.

?????????

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
If they really drop Judgement because of this I hope we get some games focusing around some established characters that could be cool. Think of the Majimas, Akiyamas or Saejimas. Hell, maybe even Shinada, hated his chapter but I think they can do something cool with him.

Or give me a game as some random thug with NPC face.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Seltzer posted:

I wouldn't say he sucks but unlike Kiryu I like basically his entire supporting cast more than I like him. To your point though - your little nebbish buddy Hoshino apparently holds a third degree black belt.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yagami is cool. He's alright as an individual but I really liked his dynamic with Kaito, the two of them as a team were a lot of fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Judgement 3 is announced, saving the series from cancellation and starring *monkey's paw curls* Tanimura

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Good thing American talent agencies are perfectly normal and have no history of weird behavior or abuse

we have good strong conservatorships here to protect our pop idols.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Judgement 3 is announced, saving the series from cancellation and starring *monkey's paw curls* Tanimura

You know what, I wouldn't be too opposed to this, maybe they can make him a good character that I enjoy. I wanna stay positive here.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the should make a game about saori taking snipes at people and eating cookies

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

the should make a game about saori taking snipes at people and eating cookies

This!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I want a game where you play as the Obatarian cutting in front of people in lines.

Unironically, though, I still want my game where Kiryu just manages the orphanage and is happy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tanimura's high concept is fine, they just flubbed the execution. a cop playing by his own rules who spends all of his time trying to protect immigrants, great. it's just that "playing by his own rules" for him mostly means being a corrupt gambler who's only on the force for personal reasons. he is demonstrably pretty bad at being a detective and any case he solves seems mostly from dumb luck or just having a network to give him the answers. it doesn't help that they literally introduce him as "the parasite of kamurocho" lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They should make a game about Kaoru’s American adventure

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Seltzer posted:

yeah. He's boring, just replace him with somebody more entertaining. Ichiban and Kiryu are both great mc's in different ways, but a big part of it is they are both funny as well as serious, and Yagami's just a bland cool guy (who dates people half his age). I wonder if it was part of the talent agency deal that he couldn't be a goof or something.

Anyway, I think they can do better than Yagami with another run at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yagami kicks rear end