Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

why the gently caress would you watch BTE with anyone like come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CobiWann posted:

I’m on vacation and decided to watch BTE on the TV. My wife and my daughter’s friend joined me.

The rule was in full effect this week - the ONE time I watch wrestling with other people is the ONE time it’s weird as gently caress and I have to feebly protest, “No, it’s usually good!”

I’m gonna make my escape on the golf cart.

You have my sympathy

I made that mistake and put on an episode of raw once with a friend

Special guest hosts ZZ Top, oh boy, how can it be bad

I wonder what the episode stats will tell them about when people start fast forwarding, because I certainly skipped a good half of the episode

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i watch bTE in bed under a blanket and giggle

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I watch BTE in a big bed with my wife.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

why the gently caress would you watch BTE with anyone like come on

They sat down with me in the living room! I was outnumbered!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

I watch BTE in a big bed with my wife.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I like to watch BTE at a coffee shop with speaker audio on. I position myself somewhere that my screen will be visible to other patrons and accessible enough that someone could pull up a chair and watch with me if I’ve piqued their interest. I laugh loudly at all the jokes so people can understand the general vibe the show presents.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

“Ratings were down 7% from last week”
“oops!”

Got a huge laugh out of me. Good bte this week.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Due to their questionable/intermittent implementation of alphabetical order, Malakai Black and Negative One are next to each other on the roster page and it’s very funny to have a grim dark metal head immediately adjacent to a 9 year old in a custom lucha mask.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

4 PM standup at work is BTE time, I make my whole team watch. They're not wrestling fans.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Due to their questionable/intermittent implementation of alphabetical order, Malakai Black and Negative One are next to each other on the roster page and it’s very funny to have a grim dark metal head immediately adjacent to a 9 year old in a custom lucha mask.

in conclusion, aew is a land of contrasts,

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That owns :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Taz out here lookin' like he's going to bust through a brick wall at the end of the first stage to beat up Billy and Jimmy Lee.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vandar posted:

Taz out here lookin' like he's going to bust through a brick wall at the end of the first stage to beat up Billy and Jimmy Lee.

Someone take that photo and just slap "INSERT MORE QUARTERS" below Taz.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Taz telling a bloody faced Guile sprite that if he ever comes back around he'll beat his rear end back to Jersey

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Even better, the grim dark metal head and 9 year old in a custom lucha mask currently have the same record

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BTE would be better if it was -1 constantly clowning on Malakai Black

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Barry Bluejeans posted:

in conclusion, aew is a land of contrasts,

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1414675931805802496

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hell yeah BPJ get that paper

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pillman Jr rocks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1414678448551997442

Griff also got the graphic

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ok, now they gotta fly Liger in to wrestle Pillman.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Pillman already wrestled Liger during his retirement tour, but I wouldn't say no to an un-retirement

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Ok, now they gotta fly Liger in to wrestle Pillman.

On the first episode of Dynamite Rampage

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Good for the Blonds. Pillman has been considerably better than I had feared he would be when he started showing up regularly, and I legit think Garrison could be a main eventer in a few years.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Brian Pillman Jr is #JuicedToHisGills

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he looks like he might start to Bryan Cageify

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Who the gently caress is this guy? :v:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

smarxist posted:

Brian Pillman Jr is #JuicedToHisGills

it's genetic.

as in his dad juiced too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The VBs are the rare example of a blue chipper gimmick actually working, mostly because they're just so earnest in their white meat babyface energy :3:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has griff done anything in other companies with more heft to it than spunky blue chipper, because as of now I feel like he is a less good jungle boy. I would be interested to see his range.

I would be also be interested to see the commentary team trying to call a singles JB/GG match

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pillman is someone i’m pulling for, he’s got that “it” factor in his best moments. Flyin Brian was as generic a character as any and it took Brian senior a while to find his character, the loose cannon thing could be a good thing for him to lean into if he needs it for a blood feud or a heel run.

Griff’s a good partner for him right now, but they’re one of the only AEW tag teams I see a reason to split with a feud, as that’s done too often everywhere else and should be special

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eat My Fuc posted:

Pillman is someone i’m pulling for, he’s got that “it” factor in his best moments. Flyin Brian was as generic a character as any and it took Brian senior a while to find his character, the loose cannon thing could be a good thing for him to lean into if he needs it for a blood feud or a heel run.

Griff’s a good partner for him right now, but they’re one of the only AEW tag teams I see a reason to split with a feud, as that’s done too often everywhere else and should be special

just out of curiosity, who are the others

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Griff could be menacing enough to pull off a Raven kinda thing

or maybe more dirtbag like Kip or Joey

BPJ might be able to HBK himself a bit but he doesn't seem like the type

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

rotinaj posted:

Has griff done anything in other companies with more heft to it than spunky blue chipper, because as of now I feel like he is a less good jungle boy. I would be interested to see his range.

I would be also be interested to see the commentary team trying to call a singles JB/GG match
Griff is much taller than JB so calling the match shouldn't be difficult (well, maybe except for JR)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Varsity Blonds are a great team to split up because Pillman can be jealous that Griff gets to hang out with Charlie at work all the time while he does not have a dad.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1414681548050341890

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 12, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

The Varsity Blonds are a great team to split up because Pillman can be jealous that Griff gets to hang out with Charlie at work all the time while he does not have a dad.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

just out of curiosity, who are the others

I actually meant to say "the only" but I ate gas station weed edibles today and i'm out of my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sign Diamante, Tony