Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So I enjoy this thread, but got to be about a year behind. I accidently clicked the take me to last page button when I was going to start trying to catch up. Oh well! Can anyone bring me up to speed with CIG's latest and greatest for the last year or so? I stopped following about a month into Covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I have slowly caught up on this thread over months which has been fun. Thank you for all the great animal gifs and pics.

So I backed the original Kickstarter and it was the first and last Kickstarter I ever did, but I figured it was probably time to check out my investment some months ago. It really can’t be stated just how totally broken the game is. I’m pretty experienced with janky games and arcane UIs and things but I couldn’t find my ship for half an hour (when I wasn’t clipping through the planet and dying - not doing anything except running through areas.) I have been pressing another friend who did the Kickstarter to play it just so he too can experience how totally useless and broken the game is. That is unless you want to eat hot dogs. I ate so many hot dogs. There’s so many food stalls.

But that’s all old news, everyone’s hashed that. What bugs me and what I don’t see as much chatter about is just the use of space. I was on the Apple planet - I don’t know what it’s called, the one that looks like an Apple store everywhere - and just the sheer scale of everything felt like being in the main halls between the train station and the terminals of JFK. Everything was huge. Everything was too open. And for what purpose? I know it’s almost pointless to ask “why” and poke about FIDELITY right now but it’s so insane because it both looks lovely and isn’t realistically designed - why would you make every plaza so massive, why does everything look like Times Square even if it’s clearly just some random street? It was so jarring how massive and empty everything was - I guess all built for the millions of players eventually ready to populate the world.

The new floating city has the same drat problem and it’s mind boggling. It doesn’t look good as a creative choice to build it huge and sprawling with little spindly bits that seem to go out kilometers because ???. So is it designed that way for some Fidelitous reason? I can’t think of any! If I were building a floating city I’d probably build a fairly tight building that was symmetric for ease of keeping it floating.

I know the answer is probably that there isn’t really any design philosophy but then why don’t they have smaller designs that are easier to design and implement? Whaaat is going onnnnn?? Do they just need the cities look bigger so your Idris doesn’t dwarf them?

Every art asset and design decision in the game has to be signed off on by a single extremely stupid thumb man

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I know the answer is probably that there isn’t really any design philosophy but then why don’t they have smaller designs that are easier to design and implement? Whaaat is going onnnnn?? Do they just need the cities look bigger so your Idris doesn’t dwarf them?

When all the spaces are so huge it also makes it seem like some kind of post-scarcity society. I mean no one would build floating cities that constantly suck up fuel just to stay in the sky for a utilitarian purpose, right? It's more like a monument to supreme power and freedom from want. Gay Luxury Space Communism type stuff.

Which doesn't jive all that well with their semi-gritty universe full of slavers and bounty hunters and pirates and serial castrators

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/QamvF1V.gifv

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I have slowly caught up on this thread over months which has been fun. Thank you for all the great animal gifs and pics.

So I backed the original Kickstarter and it was the first and last Kickstarter I ever did, but I figured it was probably time to check out my investment some months ago. It really can’t be stated just how totally broken the game is. I’m pretty experienced with janky games and arcane UIs and things but I couldn’t find my ship for half an hour (when I wasn’t clipping through the planet and dying - not doing anything except running through areas.) I have been pressing another friend who did the Kickstarter to play it just so he too can experience how totally useless and broken the game is. That is unless you want to eat hot dogs. I ate so many hot dogs. There’s so many food stalls.

But that’s all old news, everyone’s hashed that. What bugs me and what I don’t see as much chatter about is just the use of space. I was on the Apple planet - I don’t know what it’s called, the one that looks like an Apple store everywhere - and just the sheer scale of everything felt like being in the main halls between the train station and the terminals of JFK. Everything was huge. Everything was too open. And for what purpose? I know it’s almost pointless to ask “why” and poke about FIDELITY right now but it’s so insane because it both looks lovely and isn’t realistically designed - why would you make every plaza so massive, why does everything look like Times Square even if it’s clearly just some random street? It was so jarring how massive and empty everything was - I guess all built for the millions of players eventually ready to populate the world.

The new floating city has the same drat problem and it’s mind boggling. It doesn’t look good as a creative choice to build it huge and sprawling with little spindly bits that seem to go out kilometers because ???. So is it designed that way for some Fidelitous reason? I can’t think of any! If I were building a floating city I’d probably build a fairly tight building that was symmetric for ease of keeping it floating.

Chris real-world inspiration is Pyongyang

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Play posted:

I mean no one would build floating cities that constantly suck up fuel just to stay in the sky for a utilitarian purpose, right? It's more like a monument to supreme power and freedom from want. Gay Luxury Space Communism type stuff.
:actually: You're so wrong, I see you haven't read The Lore

quote:

The platforms proved to be ideal for Crusader, since normally their large-scale commercial transport ships would otherwise need to be built beyond the atmosphere. Being constructed in open air allows the cost of these ships to be reduced by almost 40% on the back end, which is often passed along to consumers.

The reason why is it supposed to be less costly is not described further, so I am assuming it's nonsense.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 12, 2021

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
to (probably incorrectly) paraphrase Einstein

"three things are infinite. the universe, human stupidity and Store Citizer's development cycle, and I'm not yet sure about the development cycle"

Haven't checked this thread in months. Is it finally coming to an end as Crobbear waddles off into the sunset with a burlap sack with a giant dollar sign on it?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Uh huh, way cheaper and easier to build a massive ship in atmosphere and within the gravity well for.... reasons. Yep.

That makes absolutely no sense, 0 gravity would be the best place to build a massive starship, and the lack of atmosphere doesn't really hurt it either. You could even build an orbital shipyard that has both atmosphere and 0 gravity.

Just out of curiosity, are there space elevators in Star Citizen? After seeing how much trouble they had with normal elevators, I'm gonna have to assume not.... but that's the kind of a theoretical massive engineering project that would fit pretty well into this 'universe' and seems to match up with the general level of technology.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

MostlyRandom posted:

Taxxe (this is Molly)

Tell Molly I love her and would die for her.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So I enjoy this thread, but got to be about a year behind. I accidently clicked the take me to last page button when I was going to start trying to catch up. Oh well! Can anyone bring me up to speed with CIG's latest and greatest for the last year or so? I stopped following about a month into Covid.

FYI, you can mark a specific post as your last read point on the Awful app, i am not sure how to on chrome.

IIRC, video game spaces are typically much larger than real spaces in large part because of third person cameras. They need a *lot* of room to work properly and look good. How does this apply to Star Citizen? Well...it doesn't. They don't have a reason, it's just how they did it at Full Sail I guess.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

Just out of curiosity, are there space elevators in Star Citizen? After seeing how much trouble they had with normal elevators, I'm gonna have to assume not.... but that's the kind of a theoretical massive engineering project that would fit pretty well into this 'universe' and seems to match up with the general level of technology.

No, SC is a low-tech future that has hyper-hi-tech stuff haphazardly thrown out in there. No space elevator but cheap FTL travel and anti-grav is available. A planet where people have to fight the cold weather but also terraformed planets. Space dollies but also anti-gravity beams light enough to be carried by hand. Problems building ships in space but also a planet completely covered by a mega city that took a mere 80 years to build.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Sandi and Chris disappeared for most of the year then suddenly reappeared. No one know what is going on. Also this guy wanted bounty hunting castration mechanics.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

FYI, you can mark a specific post as your last read point on the Awful app, i am not sure how to on chrome.

IIRC, video game spaces are typically much larger than real spaces in large part because of third person cameras. They need a *lot* of room to work properly and look good. How does this apply to Star Citizen? Well...it doesn't. They don't have a reason, it's just how they did it at Full Sail I guess.

Is star citizen still intended to be 100% first person? I feel like the third person camera was talked about as a temporary thing, to avoid things like giving people using it an advantage in combat by looking around corners, etc. I really hope Chris forces them all in to first person only soon.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Sandi and Chris disappeared for most of the year then suddenly reappeared. No one know what is going on. Also this guy wanted bounty hunting castration mechanics.

Pay particular attention to the bolded area

And if anyone has that handy, please post it it's probably my number one favorite piece of Star Citizen lore

trucutru posted:

No, SC is a low-tech future that has hyper-hi-tech stuff haphazardly thrown out in there. No space elevator but cheap FTL travel and anti-grav is available. A planet where people have to fight the cold weather but also terraformed planets. Space dollies but also anti-gravity beams light enough to be carried by hand. Problems building ships in space but also a planet completely covered by a mega city that took a mere 80 years to build.

Yeahhhhhh that's kinda what I figured. I know it's kind of silly, I mean Star Wars is basically the same way, but why not just attempt some in-universe consistency in terms of technology, lifestyle, etc.?

Are characters in zero g when they are inside their spacecraft and it isn't moving? When the spacecraft is accelerating does the "back" of the spacecraft become the floor or is there a magic gravity field on anything and everything that somehow keeps it at 1 G?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Lammasu posted:

I know that Sandi was disappeared for a while, but Chris fell off the radar as well? Who was minding the ship, so to speak, while they were gone? Erin? Belt guy? Toast?

Also, when they both reappeared, are they back together now?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Play posted:

And if anyone has that handy, please post it it's probably my number one favorite piece of Star Citizen lore

yeah I am morbidly curious

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I know that Sandi was disappeared for a while, but Chris fell off the radar as well? Who was minding the ship, so to speak, while they were gone? Erin? Belt guy? Toast?

Neither was wearing a wedding ring. Take from that what you will.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FrostyPox posted:

yeah I am morbidly curious

Actually just searching Star Citizen castration caused it to pop right up! lol

quote:

Hello, my fellow citizens! I'd like to go over some medical notes in regard to bounty hunting and helping those that do similar jobs obtain some extra safety and budget flexibility.

In the live game, if you do higher risk work there's going to be a major factors on if you make money: Ship capacity.

What I refer to is if you have a ship with four prisoner pods, you're capped at a maximum of four prisoners via the pods at once. The storage capacity will influence which contracts and missions will generate profit or loss due to this cap: EG five capture contracts in one area may require a return trip and additional fuel/time cost or lower the profit beyond what it could be due to increased expenses. I've previously made a thesis on helping bounty hunters here, however new information has been laid out since then.

In particular, one bit may aid lower budget bounty hunters, mercs and organizations that don't yet have a lot of resources to increase their safety nets and cost-effectiveness: the combination of the limb damage system and the ability to place people in crates.

If you are a poorer player starting with only a humble aurora to your name, you may not be able to have multiple prisoner pods - but you could instead have a single storage crate for that you can stuff a human in after removing their arms and legs. You may even be able to create makeshift crates such as using a mustang's bathroom or simply keeping the body on the floor, if the arms and legs have been removed and they cannot move or attempt malcompliance.

Remember: a requirement to deliver someone alive does not necessarily mean in one piece - if they need to confess, they need to speak. They don't need to walk, see, hold things, or have testicles producing testosterone that increases aggression, upper body strength, and risks of malcompliance - so if you have a simple medkit, these non-essential items can be removed by crippling the arms, legs, and torso into a ruined state then halting the bleeding.

This may allow a humble aurora/mustang pilot, or other organizations that need to reduce costs and increase profit margin so they can upgrade their equipment faster, to have more saving power and more flexibility for taking on jobs as well as bigger cash reserves for safety nets. Suppose you are a small family organization and the only member on is a low-budget kiddo with an aurora that plays with his father. You can have more credits on hand to help him out if he's mauled by pirates if your profit margins are higher. At the risk of making a cliche, think of the children!

If it is not possible for a target with ruined arms to open doors, you may be able to safely store prisoners in a bathroom, closet, box, on the counter in a mustang, under the bed, or in any other random location, which will allow much more flexibility in which ships can take on which jobs and much less restriction on storage space for prisoners. That means higher profit margins!

Hopefully, the reduced weight of the lost limbs will allow some space efficiency like placing multiple prisoners in a box. This brings up another point though - the importance of castration.

It's listed that the torso on the medical diagrams will each have consequences for being ruined - in the case of the torso, it encompasses the groin, heart, lungs, and though they are non-essential many males seem to consider them so, testicles. Presumably there will be related penalties to a ruined torso. In the case of a male NPC, the removal of the testicles can mirror soviet medical experiment results IRL - that the lack of testosterone production will reduce rebelliousness and malcompliance risks. This has several effects on a real human:

A) The subject will not have as much upper body strength and will not be as likely to instigate a prison riot or be as difficult to restrain.

B) The subject will suffer negative psychological effects due to the loss of testosterone production and may be more compliant with interrogation, forced labor, protracted detainment, etc.

C) The subject will in addition to being unable to assault the bounty hunter or otherwise disrupt the operation due to limb removal, potentially slip into depression and can be controlled via medications that will make them more dependent on the prison, or if they need testosterone for forced labor, it can be provided by supplement rather than produced naturally, for the same reason of increasing compliance due to dependency on provision of the supplement. To be fair, I got that idea from half life 2's stalkers that have their organs removed to hook them on a nutrition provided by the combine and cause them to starve in the event of malcompliance and hands removed for tool grafts - which I think is an excellent idea if prisoner management becomes a thing in-universe.

The effects of the above could be placed in for NPC's to increase the ease of an interrogation, reduce costs, increase compliance or confession chances, or any other possible benefit of the above, should castration be included in torso ruining in addition to the heart, lungs, and others. Most males I know seem to consider the testicles a critical item so I think it's fair the removal of them have consequences, at least in the case of male human NPC's. Possibly also an option for capturing and interrogating Vanduul if their physiology has similar consequences for their removal, so this may be very helpful for management of Vanduul prisoners as well.

Anyway, TL;DR: due to the ability to "hide" a person in a crate, it may be possible to forcefully place a prisoner in a crate or mundane location such as a bathroom via crippling the arms, legs, and torso/groin. This could allow lower budget organizations, casual players, poorer players, smaller orgs, etc. to have more flexibility in which members and which ships can take which roles, and help overcome lower profit margin penalties that would otherwise occur. This could be especially helpful for small family orgs that have say a parent and a child that are playing together and may not have a lot of free time and need some higher profit margins. It could be helpful to them if a humble aurora can be used to cart around prisoners instead of needing to obtain a ship with a full prison pod loadout first. Similarly, this could increase flexibility of other ships such as a freelancer or cutlass red to take on a non-traditional role and store captives in this manner.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this was helpful to you; especially for those just starting out, and those that must start from little at live! May fortune favor you.

<3Mwah

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I only skimmed it but holy frijoles

Might have to play this game if I can be a serial killer keeping dismembered torsos in my cargo hold, though (lmao no)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dwesa posted:

:reddit: This one made my entire month. Whoever had the ide to do this deserves a raise

https://v.redd.it/ywz7wjrt6qa71/DASH_480.mp4

quote:

CIG art department posted:

Well yeah we could give you a game where everything is whitebox, with no music or VFX. But I have a feeling CIG would have closed shop years ago form lack of consumer confidence. Art sells.

I'm the tacit acknowledgement by GInotG that they use art assets to maintain their confidence scam

Star Citizen: would have closed shop years ago form lack of consumer confidence. Art sells

or

Star Citizen: Art sells.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Play posted:

This one? https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5sobue/the_benefits_of_castration/

quote:

Hello, my fellow citizens! I'd like to go over some medical notes in regard to bounty hunting and helping those that do similar jobs obtain some extra safety and budget flexibility.

In the live game, if you do higher risk work there's going to be a major factors on if you make money: Ship capacity.

What I refer to is if you have a ship with four prisoner pods, you're capped at a maximum of four prisoners via the pods at once. The storage capacity will influence which contracts and missions will generate profit or loss due to this cap: EG five capture contracts in one area may require a return trip and additional fuel/time cost or lower the profit beyond what it could be due to increased expenses. I've previously made a thesis on helping bounty hunters here, however new information has been laid out since then.

In particular, one bit may aid lower budget bounty hunters, mercs and organizations that don't yet have a lot of resources to increase their safety nets and cost-effectiveness: the combination of the limb damage system and the ability to place people in crates.

If you are a poorer player starting with only a humble aurora to your name, you may not be able to have multiple prisoner pods - but you could instead have a single storage crate for that you can stuff a human in after removing their arms and legs. You may even be able to create makeshift crates such as using a mustang's bathroom or simply keeping the body on the floor, if the arms and legs have been removed and they cannot move or attempt malcompliance.

Remember: a requirement to deliver someone alive does not necessarily mean in one piece - if they need to confess, they need to speak. They don't need to walk, see, hold things, or have testicles producing testosterone that increases aggression, upper body strength, and risks of malcompliance - so if you have a simple medkit, these non-essential items can be removed by crippling the arms, legs, and torso into a ruined state then halting the bleeding.

This may allow a humble aurora/mustang pilot, or other organizations that need to reduce costs and increase profit margin so they can upgrade their equipment faster, to have more saving power and more flexibility for taking on jobs as well as bigger cash reserves for safety nets. Suppose you are a small family organization and the only member on is a low-budget kiddo with an aurora that plays with his father. You can have more credits on hand to help him out if he's mauled by pirates if your profit margins are higher. At the risk of making a cliche, think of the children!

If it is not possible for a target with ruined arms to open doors, you may be able to safely store prisoners in a bathroom, closet, box, on the counter in a mustang, under the bed, or in any other random location, which will allow much more flexibility in which ships can take on which jobs and much less restriction on storage space for prisoners. That means higher profit margins!

Hopefully, the reduced weight of the lost limbs will allow some space efficiency like placing multiple prisoners in a box. This brings up another point though - the importance of castration.

It's listed that the torso on the medical diagrams will each have consequences for being ruined - in the case of the torso, it encompasses the groin, heart, lungs, and though they are non-essential many males seem to consider them so, testicles. Presumably there will be related penalties to a ruined torso. In the case of a male NPC, the removal of the testicles can mirror soviet medical experiment results IRL - that the lack of testosterone production will reduce rebelliousness and malcompliance risks. This has several effects on a real human:

A) The subject will not have as much upper body strength and will not be as likely to instigate a prison riot or be as difficult to restrain.

B) The subject will suffer negative psychological effects due to the loss of testosterone production and may be more compliant with interrogation, forced labor, protracted detainment, etc.

C) The subject will in addition to being unable to assault the bounty hunter or otherwise disrupt the operation due to limb removal, potentially slip into depression and can be controlled via medications that will make them more dependent on the prison, or if they need testosterone for forced labor, it can be provided by supplement rather than produced naturally, for the same reason of increasing compliance due to dependency on provision of the supplement. To be fair, I got that idea from half life 2's stalkers that have their organs removed to hook them on a nutrition provided by the combine and cause them to starve in the event of malcompliance and hands removed for tool grafts - which I think is an excellent idea if prisoner management becomes a thing in-universe.

The effects of the above could be placed in for NPC's to increase the ease of an interrogation, reduce costs, increase compliance or confession chances, or any other possible benefit of the above, should castration be included in torso ruining in addition to the heart, lungs, and others. Most males I know seem to consider the testicles a critical item so I think it's fair the removal of them have consequences, at least in the case of male human NPC's. Possibly also an option for capturing and interrogating Vanduul if their physiology has similar consequences for their removal, so this may be very helpful for management of Vanduul prisoners as well.

Anyway, TL;DR: due to the ability to "hide" a person in a crate, it may be possible to forcefully place a prisoner in a crate or mundane location such as a bathroom via crippling the arms, legs, and torso/groin. This could allow lower budget organizations, casual players, poorer players, smaller orgs, etc. to have more flexibility in which members and which ships can take which roles, and help overcome lower profit margin penalties that would otherwise occur. This could be especially helpful for small family orgs that have say a parent and a child that are playing together and may not have a lot of free time and need some higher profit margins. It could be helpful to them if a humble aurora can be used to cart around prisoners instead of needing to obtain a ship with a full prison pod loadout first. Similarly, this could increase flexibility of other ships such as a freelancer or cutlass red to take on a non-traditional role and store captives in this manner.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this was helpful to you; especially for those just starting out, and those that must start from little at live! May fortune favor you.

<3Mwah

~Doctor Jade

Mwah!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I too wrote a thesis about bodily torture in video games.

Here it is in its entirety:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

quote:

Anyway, TL;DR: due to the ability to "hide" a person in a crate, it may be possible to forcefully place a prisoner in a crate or mundane location such as a bathroom via crippling the arms, legs, and torso/groin.

[...]

This could be especially helpful for small family orgs that have say a parent and a child that are playing together and may not have a lot of free time and need some higher profit margins.

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020
In a healthy community, that kind of torture smut would have been flagged and spoiler-tagged - or deleted entirely. Unless I've missed it, SC doesn't have explicit content warnings, nor does it carry a Mature rating.

The fact that the 'castration post' just one of multiple notorious examples of theory-crafting-turned-grotesque-fantasies says a lot about CiG's audience and the community that they've allowed to fester.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

IncredibleIgloo posted:

There is always  more  the same and it's always  worse  dull.

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Tell Molly I love her and would die for her.

she tells me the feeling is mutual if you have jaffa cakes

MostlyRandom
Nov 1, 2019

Play posted:

Are characters in zero g when they are inside their spacecraft and it isn't moving? When the spacecraft is accelerating does the "back" of the spacecraft become the floor or is there a magic gravity field on anything and everything that somehow keeps it at 1 G?

I think the commandos must have gravity boots (or at least vacuum cleaners attached to their feet ) because inside a ship the floor is always the floor regardless of where the ship is or its orientation and all of the "planets" which are all much smaller than earths moon appear to have 1G when a commando or space golf cart moves over the surface but they have no gravity when a spaceship weighing thousands of tons is magically no clipping upside down 50 feet from the ground.

in reality CIG have given zero thought whatsoever into how gravity actually works, or weight or inertia or acceleration or newtons laws of motion. (sexy)bear in mind that crobber is the guy who thought you could swim in space. I've produced turds that understand space better than the muppets at CIG

SC "physics" are about as realistic as a roadrunner cartoon

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Neither was wearing a wedding ring. Take from that what you will.
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/1402672755464499207
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/1410644465677594624
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1413234396665090054

I'm going with the premise that Chris and Sandi divorced sometime in the past couple of years, through which she was given roughly half of Chris' shares and a seat on the Board of Directors.

When Squadron 404 missed its 2020 deadlines the Calders started making changes, pushing more duties onto Turbulent et al.

Then more bad news was talked about in the recent Board meeting, like Squadron 404 being MIA and Theaters of Battlefield being poo poo, and more decisions were made to change the company structure and development organization.

Sandi cashed out her shares to Calders or someone else and pocketed the $$$. Chris lost control of the company.

Chris announced plans to move to Manchester to get Squadron 404 done :lol:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 13, 2021

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Play posted:

Actually just searching Star Citizen castration caused it to pop right up! lol

Leave it to a Citizen to look at the Mustang's back room and envision a Dexter kill room...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Quavers posted:

I'm going with the premise that Chris and Sandi divorced sometime in the past couple of years, through which she was given roughly half of Chris' shares and a seat on the Board of Directors.

When Squadron 404 missed its 2020 deadlines the Calders started making changes, pushing more duties onto Turbulent et al.

Then more bad news was talked about in the recent Board meeting, like Squadron 404 being MIA and Theaters of Battlefield being poo poo, and more decisions were made to change the company structure and development organization.

Sandi cashed out her shares to Calders or someone else and pocketed the $$$. Chris lost control of the company.

Chris announced plans to move to Manchester to get Squadron 404 done :lol:

It would be funny if true, but the more likely explanation is that Chris just happened to be moving back to England and the timing is because the pandemic is finally ending, and it's just going to be business as usual. Derek is likely full of poo poo as always.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

hosed up if true.

SCLUL
Jan 11, 2019

Reading through this seriously creeped me out. Like good grief....the things some people think about.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Thoatse posted:

I'm the tacit acknowledgement by GInotG that they use art assets to maintain their confidence scam

Star Citizen: would have closed shop years ago form lack of consumer confidence. Art sells

or

Star Citizen: Art sells.

Star Citizen: Ars Gratia Pecunia

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

trucutru posted:

That's another great thing about store citizen; the completely disjointed, unconvincing lore. As things stand right now SC is little more than a rotten sausage made from "basic bitch" scifi movie tropes.

The benefits of castration piece is quite the something. :stare: I wouldn't be surprised if it was an elaborate troll/joke.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Torquemada posted:

Star Citizen: Ars Gratia Pecunia

Okok, how about Star Citizen: Per Pecunia, Ad Astra

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Star Citizen: Jpg non olet

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Wow, you guys buy an Idris and start speaking latin like a refined citizens, congrats

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

commando in tophat posted:

Wow, you guys buy an Idris and start speaking latin like a refined citizens, congrats

Civis Stella : Emere Idris

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It would be funny if true, but the more likely explanation is that Chris just happened to be moving back to England and the timing is because the pandemic is finally ending, and it's just going to be business as usual. Derek is likely full of poo poo as always.

Yeah, about that...

Pandemic restrictions are ending, but that's just because we've still got our Trump in office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Lammasu posted:

Also this guy wanted bounty hunting castration mechanics.

Lurking in the shadows, lust on his knives.

FrostyPox posted:

I only skimmed it but holy frijoles

Might have to play this game if I can be a serial killer keeping dismembered torsos in my cargo hold, though (lmao no)

Eh, EVE got to keeping grisly war trophies first.

Someone link the stimpire posts again.