Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

So much of the U.S.'s Mideast issues would've been solved if they had dumped the Saudis and reconciled with Iran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Grapplejack posted:

Tbh I'm mostly just waiting to see when the Saudis extend recognition / support to the gov, because Iran has been sort of conciliatory towards the Afghani Taliban since the US withdrawal was announced but that will change very quickly if the Saudis start sending them money

A pro-iranian Taliban is literally the best chance my sorta-inlaws extended family don't get murdalized. Please pray for a strong anti-american alliance in central asia with all your goony hearts.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Grapplejack posted:

Lol god remember when they did like a small amount of research and they basically pinpointed the exact Saudi prince that bankrolled 9/11 but they were an ally and bush wanted to invade Iraq so that got very quietly hidden away

I don't remember! Can I read more somewhere?

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

quote:

My point was CSPAM doesn't support anyone. Their only real politics is having the most extremist position possible so they can hate as many people as possible. Saying you also don't like the Green Party isn't some big gotcha.

Is there even one active thread in there about a politician or party they support? I'm going through your post history and not seeing you talking about any candidates or parties you like.  It seems to support what I was saying.
someone didn't read this thread lol :china:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

doesn't he dress up on mao on parades every year

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I don't want qcs getting the idea that this thread loves the Taliban

i like winners

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Grapplejack posted:

Reminder to the thread that the hardcore religious theocracy that regularly does ethnic cleansing is actually bad even if they strike a deal with china for investment or whatever

Thanks for keeping our moral compass aligned, forums poster Grapplejack

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chairman Xi my people yearn for theocracy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Chairman Xi my people yearn for chairs can we borrow a few for the party this weekend then we’ll bring them back over

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

A pro-iranian Taliban is literally the best chance my sorta-inlaws extended family don't get murdalized. Please pray for a strong anti-american alliance in central asia with all your goony hearts.

MBS being a fickle man-child is our best hope. Hopefully a Taliban representative calls NEOM a dumb idea within earshot of him.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

iirc, Iran working with the Taliban is contingent on them not brutalizing the Hazara, but I don't know how hard that is it to get everyone to uphold it or keep their promise

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Chairman Xi do you like me? Yes [ ] No [ ]

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really hope they do NEOM because we were robbed when Disney died before getting to do EPCOT and I want to see how stupid this idea looks in real life

poopinmymouth posted:

I don't remember! Can I read more somewhere?

There's a bunch of stuff but the original one was the commission paper about 9/11 which was like "yes the Saudis were a primary funder and trainer of al-qaeda but they didn't have anything to do with this at all pinky promise" and then the graham / goss stuff

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zmej posted:

iirc, Iran working with the Taliban is contingent on them not brutalizing the Hazara, but I don't know how hard that is it to get everyone to uphold it or keep their promise

even if they hold to their promise it's probably hard to check up on something like that after 20 years of families disappearing/hiding/whatever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

track down? as a foreigner in mainland china my address and employer info are written into like a dozen government systems and records already

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

The Saudis were one of the first countries to recognize them as the official government in that brief period pre-2002 invasion and have a history of sending them money / arms. They stopped recently because of conflicts with qatar and US pressure mounting but I can see that starting up again with the withdrawal and Qatar relations thawing out

The various Saudi royal families love throwing money at extremist sunni groups too tbh so

The Taliban were always super close to Pakistan and I always thought the Saudi connection was through there, but maybe I'm wrong.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

that reminds me how there is a fight going on in US conservative circles over Miles Guo being a deep cover CPC infiltrator to destroy the US

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Maximo Roboto posted:

So much of the U.S.'s Mideast issues would've been solved if they had dumped the Saudis and reconciled with Iran

Or just leave ME alone after the US started exporting oil themselves.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Atrocious Joe posted:

MBS being a fickle man-child is our best hope. Hopefully a Taliban representative calls NEOM a dumb idea within earshot of him.

No! NEOM is the most dystopian thing ever. I need to see it happened in real life.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
-india tries to pass retrospective tax law on uk energy company (cairn).
-international court rules in favour cairn
-european countries allow cairn to repossess indian property (including the ambassdor's house).

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57742080

quote:

"Clearly what we want to do is find an agreed amicable settlement with the government of India," he said. "But this is all just part of a process of saying: 'Look India, we need to earnestly engage', but we also have a fiduciary duty to protect the rights of our shareholders."

https://www.business-standard.com/a...70800744_1.html

quote:

The company last month filed a petition with the courts in the Southern District of New York, seeking judicial confirmation that Air India, the national carrier, could be classed as “the alter ego of the Indian state”, and thereby jointly liable for the arbitral award.

Cairn registered the arbitration award in many jurisdictions, including the US, the UK, Canada, Singapore, Mauritius, France and the Netherlands, said the company spokesperson.

it really feels like any attempt from the developing world to get themselves out from under the thumb of their previous colonial masters is ruthlessly crushed by them all banding together. i have a babby's understanding of world economics/finance, but it seems like the international finance and corporations really are the heirs of the old colonial powers and can flex on just about any country they want. international finance doesn't give a gently caress about your armies and navy, even a large country like india can't do poo poo against them.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
India is also trying to do retrospective law on Vodafone, which basically will tax out all the competitors of native mobile carriers.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

India is also trying to do retrospective law on Vodafone, which basically will tax out all the competitors of native mobile carriers.

nice

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Nonsense posted:

He was in some movie about Mao playing some dork on a plane talking to a kid and then vanished after 20 seconds of dialogue.
i'm reviving jackie posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWZbsIhv44A

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

fun fact: that suit was invented by kerensky, who wanted to show himself a the civil leader of a new republican with an army uniform free of insignia.

lenin liked it and the rest is history.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SocDoneLeft/status/1414739349955096579?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vasukhani posted:

fun fact: that suit was invented by kerensky, who wanted to show himself a the civil leader of a new republican with an army uniform free of insignia.

lenin liked it and the rest is history.

That's cool, never knew its origin

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

this guy likes getting pegged and his girlfriend tried to grift for an onlyfans during the blm protests so i dont know what to think

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

great post thank you

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maximo Roboto posted:

Why would we have done that when Israel hates Iran more than we do?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

this soyboy's father works for Northrop Grumman or some such poo poo

just cia all the way down

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

this soyboy's father works for Northrop Grumman or some such poo poo

just cia all the way down

Fact-check: SocDoneLeft's father works for Textron, not Northrop Grumman

And the grandfather, William Bissell, worked for Lockheed's Skunkworks

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Homeless Friend posted:

i like winners

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Judakel posted:

this guy likes getting pegged and his girlfriend tried to grift for an onlyfans during the blm protests so i dont know what to think

There's nothing wrong with getting pegged

but yeah he's otherwise a moron

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

just got my covid test back do i can finally leave this devil nation of south korea i had a hell of a time making a reservation without a phone number which immigration in their infinite wisdom took away from me while i was in visa purgatory and only bothered to tell me why after the fact i decided i was better off leaving than having to deal with the farce of being accused of being a criminal for not talking to cops when the cops make it physically impossible for me to talk to them

blanching heavily at the price i somehow got this crazy idea that covid tests were free here but apparently thats only for temporary and mandatory testing sites everyone else is expected to shell out at least three digits especially if you want the shiny travel approved certificate and i was lucky to get something on the lower end

so while the liberals are fiddling about with unenforceable weird crap like treadmill speeds theyre also developing convoluted processes to make covid testing as obnoxious as possible and im realizing looking over the bizarre random changes in policy over the last eighteen months that nearly all the positive press south korea has received internationally for its covid response was based on short term gimmick programs that no longer exist which were only useful for people in fairly specific situations even while they were still around

in summary

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/erinhale/status/1414827992988094465

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Love to be a journalist

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1414994537387282441

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

theyre sooo colossally stupid and theyre paid millions for this poo poo too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

deleted, what was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

indigi posted:

deleted, what was it

fox news anchors saying japan doing uighur genocide cause they stupid and racist and dont know the difference between japan and china