Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Private Speech posted:

it's from yesterday actually, MACs work just always looks like lovely 80s racist politoons

oh wow, outstanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's right about now that we should have someone here posting the Italian politoons.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is it supposed to be read that way? I absolutely read it as, "Everyone is doing their best to fight the pandemic, but then those youths throw it all away to go disco."

Tuning my brain to the Spiteful Dickhead frequency, I read it as that he correctly picks up that the government's guidelines for "Freedom Day" (ugh) are weirdly contradictory and seemingly end when you enter a pub/club/business. Only instead of picking up that they're flailing around uselessly and trying to pretend the pandemic is over, he's doubling down on OPEN 'ER UP BORIS ARE FREEDOMS and being an absolute prick.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 12, 2021

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

packetmantis posted:

Finally, a good Mallard Fillmore.

Is it? Is there a joke in there, or is the comic just a poo poo post?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jurgan posted:

Is it? Is there a joke in there, or is the comic just a poo poo post?

Admission that wild birds (such as :tinsley:) are racist, and apology. Even if sarcastic admission and apology, but we'll take what we're given.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Nenonen posted:

Admission that wild birds (such as :tinsley:) are racist, and apology. Even if sarcastic admission and apology, but we'll take what we're given.

Fishman redemption arc begins now!!!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vagabong posted:

Blower definatly hates the youth more than he does any of the covid restrictions. Its pretty much the defining animus of the Telegraph's politics.

But I would still like to remind people that the Telegraph cartoonists just ABSOLUTELY HATE CONTROLLING EPIDEMICS. It's regulations, and regulations are bad!

These are Blower's from exactly one year ago:

Blower actually believes that government should have done nothing about COVID-19. Or, rather, nothing that affects his life.

And the same from Bob:

I find it hard to see how these two could be against people bringing money to nightclubs and having fun, a little COVID never harmed anyone. Meanwhile masks are straight out of 1984.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The absolutely bizarre longing to eat at goddamn Pret was one of the most absolute most perverted poo poo we saw from TERF Island out of this whole thing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Health minister Greg Hunt with Scott Morrison in the wall, NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian in goal, former Labor PM Kevin Rudd running in to help. Senior business figures turned to former PM Kevin Rudd to intervene in bringing forward Australia's Pfizer vaccine supply (ABC).

Spooner:

Wilcox:

Two new vaccination ads were made and roundly criticised:
- a mild one featuring arms: 'You have to wake people up': Experts say Australia's vaccine ad campaign was a missed opportunity (SBS)
- and a scary one featuring a woman struggling to breathe: Australian ad showing Covid patient gasping for air ‘could increase vaccine hesitancy’ (Guardian)

Warren Brown:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 12, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown:

:eyepop:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Warren Brown:

checks out

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

wizzardstaff posted:

Fishman redemption arc begins now!!!

It's been months since we had "Is Fishman a secret leftist" discourse so I guess we were due :v:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Xander77 posted:

I'm doing a compilation of "the left is full of heroes - and that's bad" cartoons (feel free to suggest a better title \ contribute more cartoons. I've got lots of Obama-Claus and "he killed Ben-Laden - the bastard!" stuff, but more can't hurt).

Does anyone have any idea why the right is so insistent on equating democrats with Robin Hood, Moses (!) and the Avengers being a winning move? I get that everyone resides in an echo chamber now, and it's tempting to connect Peterson's joy at being dubbed the Red Skull to it, but I may be overthinking.

I'm reminded how every Christmas there is another think piece in a right wing publication about how, "If you think about it, Mr. Potter is really the hero in It's a Wonderful Life."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Kaza42 posted:

Every Republican I have talked to thinks that general Democrat economic policies are well intentioned but fundamentally flawed and hopelessly naive. Stuff like "Communism is the best system on paper, if you ignore how people work" or "Anyone who isn't a liberal at 20 has no heart, anyone who isn't a conservative at 30 has no brain" are basically engraved on their mugs. And so, when they present Democrats as Santa they aren't saying "Santa is evil" they're saying "You have to be a naive child to believe that Democrat ideas are actually workable, it's like believing in Santa Claus".
Yeah, it's more this than anything. When right-wingers depict Biden and his cabinet as the Avengers, they're doing it sarcastically, with the intent of "this is really how those deluded idiots see themselves". It's why those depictions usually have them failing in their attempts to emulate that figure, or doing so against the wrong opponent.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I dont know posted:

I'm reminded how every Christmas there is another think piece in a right wing publication about how, "If you think about it, Mr. Potter is really the hero in It's a Wonderful Life."

Is this better or worse than the "Scrooge was really the hero in A Christmas Carol before the ghosts visited" think pieces in right wing publications every Christmas?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Brian McFadden

Henry Payne

Michael Ramirez

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

The Artful Dodger
Hunter Biden selling his amateur art for up to 500K to undisclosed secret Buyers smell like a scam.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

what??

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That's an edit, right? Marx can't have been in the original.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Raised By Birds posted:

Brian McFadden

We have a congresswoman who in all seriousness blames Jewish space lasers for wildfires. Blaming it on Antifa is comparatively sane.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is this better or worse than the "Scrooge was really the hero in A Christmas Carol before the ghosts visited" think pieces in right wing publications every Christmas?

Equal. They are literally the exact same reheated arguments with the names changed.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

LIBERAL MEDIA is leading our poor innocent babies down the path of COMMUNISM!

Abyssal Squid posted:

That's an edit, right? Marx can't have been in the original.

:sickos:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

People on parole or with records avoid going back to prison like the plague, actually yes, punishment is not a deterrent, no poo poo it's summer, and gently caress you respectively.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I can kind of sympathize with this one, almost. But on the other hand, we have been in there for twenty loving years. At some point you have to admit this poo poo isn't working and cut your losses.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kellies nomination: worst label

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

MechaCrash posted:

I can kind of sympathize with this one, almost. But on the other hand, we have been in there for twenty loving years. At some point you have to admit this poo poo isn't working and cut your losses.
Wait sunk costs are a logical fallacy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Marx fucks.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

what are the rats if the manhole cover is the taliban

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

i am harry posted:

what are the rats if the manhole cover is the taliban

high as gently caress

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Marx and his two husbands Hollywood and Music Industry are adopting 12 babies together, good for them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dang, Wuerker is usually full of dumb liberal takes, weird to see him go tankie like this.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Poor confused Payne, the vrooms are bad now but he still can't help himself, they must be big and strong and drawn with loving detail

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xander77 posted:

I'm doing a compilation of "the left is full of heroes - and that's bad" cartoons (feel free to suggest a better title \ contribute more cartoons. I've got lots of Obama-Claus and "he killed Ben-Laden - the bastard!" stuff, but more can't hurt).

Does anyone have any idea why the right is so insistent on equating democrats with Robin Hood, Moses (!) and the Avengers being a winning move? I get that everyone resides in an echo chamber now, and it's tempting to connect Peterson's joy at being dubbed the Red Skull to it, but I may be overthinking.

Oh hey

Like I get the message is Biden is like a nagging parent or something, but come on, nothing in there is bad.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thing? No, other thing!

Is there literally a day that goes by without one comic like that? Christ!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Following the general trend of cops lying without consequence in every situation, this cop has lied innumerable times on the blackboard behind him and is mocking you for believing it. AGC

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Like I get the message is Biden is like a nagging parent or something, but come on, nothing in there is bad.

"we don't need the government telling us to get the vaccine, we can do it on our own like everything else"

"so you'll get the vaccine then?"

"no"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Holy gently caress.

Wow, Varvel's been sliding down the crazy train real fast over the last year.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

UZworm posted:

Following the general trend of cops lying without consequence in every situation, this cop has lied innumerable times on the blackboard behind him and is mocking you for believing it. AGC
I really want a Court case to happen some time in my life that gives precedent to cop testimony not being admissible as evidence.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

drat. Married longer than I'll be alive,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
My right to swing my fist ends where your nose begins.