Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

lol this character creator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Once you make your character you can buy extra edgy eyes and hairstyles in the store to replace the boring ones.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
haven't been able to sit down and play this game since it launched, is stability in any way better than it was in beta? Like, even a mild step up from 'being around people is basically lag city' would be great

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

It's been fine for me for the past 24 hours or so. You can see the ping rise up in crowded areas but haven't had any disconnects or rubberbanding since Fri/early Sat

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

eonwe posted:

ACAB

all cultivators are bastards

:acab:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok so I can understand humans cultivating into becoming immortals, I can also get animals like weasels, foxes and fishes but how does a rock cultivate to become a sacred kite?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Well, I think I died and am fighting weird poo poo in the afterlife now.

This game is just about as impenetrable as Wushu, but prettier!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ok so I can understand humans cultivating into becoming immortals, I can also get animals like weasels, foxes and fishes but how does a rock cultivate to become a sacred kite?

taking drugs

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cao Ni Ma posted:

real mythological answer? Basically by just existing for a super long time in a very 'spiritual' area, think of it as radiation, it just kinda slowly sucked up the loose sprit stuff for ages until it ascended.

Fun answer? Someone dumped a bunch of magic pills in it, duh

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

in amazing cultivation sim, objects could become sentient if they hung around the sect long enough.

i had one of my cultivator’s pants come to life.

also if i wanted to i could turn those pants into a human cultivator too, if i fed it the right drugs or something.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Don't forget to eat coal.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I'm torn between spellsword and berserker currently and having a hard time deciding / continuing the game

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I don't know if I want to do reaper or spear lord but I need to know more about spear lords

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It doesn't quite do what I thought it would do, but I love the way it does it.

I'm serious about the coal though. They restock daily. Eat coal.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ben Quebec posted:

I'm torn between spellsword and berserker currently and having a hard time deciding / continuing the game

For what it is worth, it seems like half the server, including me, is a berserker.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Spellsword owns and does everything. They are the best class in anything Wuxia typically.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

randombattle posted:

Spellsword owns and does everything. They are the best class in anything Wuxia typically.

poo poo this is the route I went so

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I really like the early ranged Spellsword rotation - it's a very satisfying infinite Qi circle with extra oomph from the Sword Intent stuff. I like it. It'll probably get stupid complex later but who knows!

Also Yilang carries those early drill dungeons on her back, make sure to equip her when you get her and are doing dungeons.

Switching to Chinese language fixed my major annoying complaint - the English is really distractingly bad. The translation itself isn't the best but if you watch any subbed Xianxia shows it's passable.

So far it's been worth the purchase - if you have 40 bucks to spare and liked/were able to tolerate stuff like Age of Wushu, go for it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

LegionAreI posted:

I really like the early ranged Spellsword rotation - it's a very satisfying infinite Qi circle with extra oomph from the Sword Intent stuff. I like it. It'll probably get stupid complex later but who knows!

Also Yilang carries those early drill dungeons on her back, make sure to equip her when you get her and are doing dungeons.

Switching to Chinese language fixed my major annoying complaint - the English is really distractingly bad. The translation itself isn't the best but if you watch any subbed Xianxia shows it's passable.

So far it's been worth the purchase - if you have 40 bucks to spare and liked/were able to tolerate stuff like Age of Wushu, go for it.

lol i went chinese VO and feel better too. idk if it's better or worse respectively but it feels better.

I made two characters and am constantly swapping between zerker and SS

Edit: I would say my biggest disappointment is that I couldn't making my guy a massive frowning bald man

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 12, 2021

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm just going to ask people to post their forums names and in game names in the thread or discord to get in the guild, it's too much of a pain in the rear end to hunt down people off their applications and we're having pubbies applying despite recruitment being closed.

If OP could throw the details in the first post that would be good.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ben Quebec posted:

lol i went chinese VO and feel better too. idk if it's better or worse respectively but it feels better.

I made two characters and am constantly swapping between zerker and SS

Edit: I would say my biggest disappointment is that I couldn't making my guy a massive frowning bald man

I dunno I love the hell out of the english voice acting. it's hilariously bad but there's a clueless energy to it all and random characters will have super heavy accents make it hilarious to hear.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I’ll fix the rest of the op later but put guild info in it

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Why did I spend so much time last night chasing silly treasures in every zone rather then doing some useful...! I do have a lot of funny once an hour party tricks now though.

I applied to the guild as my reaper, Felka.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I was clicking around the interface and I think that I applied to the goon guild. Character name is Tunguska.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Once you're Student1 theres a tutorial telling you how to play in a group

You answer the quizzes on all three roles and then depending on your class you have to do some Practical Exams of like, avoiding AOEs, soaking big attacks, turning mob away from DD/Healer as a tank.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Is the card game any less insane if you're able to read the text on the cards?

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Anyone on that can throw me an invite? Starting this morning as summoner, IG name Yoluun.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Phoix posted:

Is the card game any less insane if you're able to read the text on the cards?

Just mouse over, look at how many different cards it combines with. Try to grab the ones with the most potential combos from the middle draw pool. That seems to be enough strategy to win some hard games.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Just did an equal-level team bounty solo. Barely killed it with 220 hp and no cooldowns left. Game's combat is fun when the content is challenging.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I'm super underwhelmed by the spellblade's close combat sub class. Does it getter better? Am I missing it the point? Especially next to the zerker.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Classes have some very weird progression where their strengths can sometimes be backloaded in later glyphs/combos. Reaper felt very very bad for a long time, it's ok now, and i still don't have the glyphs that double/triple my damage...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Melee swordmage needs skillhaste which isnt a stat thats particular common early on

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Ben Quebec posted:

I'm super underwhelmed by the spellblade's close combat sub class. Does it getter better? Am I missing it the point? Especially next to the zerker.

If you're still leveling make sure you take the passive that buffs Divine Retribution skills instead of Star Shatter. You will kill stuff much faster. Otherwise, you're mostly waiting for all the utility stuff you'll get later.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Phoix posted:

If you're still leveling make sure you take the passive that buffs Divine Retribution skills instead of Star Shatter. You will kill stuff much faster. Otherwise, you're mostly waiting for all the utility stuff you'll get later.

ok this is fair. I'm still having a hard time being in love with it because the sword floats around him and he doesn't swing it. Do Not Ask Me why this bothers me so much

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 13, 2021

Zkoto
Dec 9, 2004
When does bard get more involved? I think i have 2 attacks and a nuke, not super inspiring so far. I started a spear dude to try something different, and its like playing piano in comparison, so much more involved.
Should I stick it out with bard? I do like the idea of healing and support.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
So from reading the thread I think I already know the answer, but can this be played as a sort of coop game while leveling. I already am playing through ff14 and that is just a single player game for like 200 hours or so, but my buddy and I play games together a few hours a week and he sent me a link to check this out.

It just doesn't seem like the game two people can play together in a way that makes sense. For reference we cooped the latest wow expansion leveling content and we usually coop the ESOL content patches.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

GarudaPrime posted:

So from reading the thread I think I already know the answer, but can this be played as a sort of coop game while leveling. I already am playing through ff14 and that is just a single player game for like 200 hours or so, but my buddy and I play games together a few hours a week and he sent me a link to check this out.

It just doesn't seem like the game two people can play together in a way that makes sense. For reference we cooped the latest wow expansion leveling content and we usually coop the ESOL content patches.

I guess it depends on your definition of co-op. Except for the very beginning and a couple personal class specific zones there aren't really any solo only zones, you can run the practice instances together, and everyone who hits a monster in the overworld gets credit for its death. The biggest issue would just be making sure you are hitting the quest givers at the same time, since the game focuses on having a lot of very small quests rather than single ones. For example, "go to the person, talk to their friend next to them, pick up a recipie on the table next to them, and then collect six herbs" would be four separate quests. But if you are running things together it wouldn't be an issue.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

GarudaPrime posted:

Once you hit max level (15 hours?) there are a lot more co-op options available. While leveling, co-op is pretty limited to like, bounties I guess.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Zkoto posted:

When does bard get more involved? I think i have 2 attacks and a nuke, not super inspiring so far. I started a spear dude to try something different, and its like playing piano in comparison, so much more involved.

I checked with the Bard I did all the hard mode dungeons with (they've healed and DPSed) and they said it got a bit more complex at higher levels but not too much. Bard is the medium difficulty healer from what I remember, with Summoner being easier and Reaper being harder, so maybe give Reaper a try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

Zkoto posted:

Unfortunately Bard takes until the late 20s before you have a decent supply of buttons. For whatever reason it takes a long rear end time to come online, but Bard is supposed to be overall be on the easier side of classes to play.