Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Jet Jaguar posted:

Maybe we'll finally learn what the deal was with Sifo-Dyas. Still waiting on the return of D-Force, too.

Sifo was found dead on an icy planet from a ship crash, finding him is what prompted Yoda to go on a vision quest and learn how to manifest post death from Quigon Jinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

twistedmentat posted:

The Ashoka book conflicts big time with the Siege of Mandalore arc in clone wars, so i don't think they really care what happened in a book

Not really that comparable, as Dark Disciple was specifically based upon developed and written episodes that were just never animated. Ahsoka was it’s own thing made separate from TCW series. It’s basically the flip side of Son of Dathomir, which were also unproduced TCW scripts that were turned into comics instead. And those events were directly canon to the Seige of Mandalore TCW finale.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that's what I meant.

The Ashoka book conflicts big time with the Siege of Mandalore arc in clone wars, so i don't think they really care what happened in a book that maybe 10% of the people who watch the show read, and i'm sure most of them did it because they have star wars podcasts and youtube channels.

Yeah and it’s been said multiple times (don’t ask me to source this) that while the books that are canon are canon they are not above the movies and whatever happens in the movies trumps the books’ version. Like the beginning of the Dad Batch’s pilot is now canon whereas the book’s version of Caleb and his master dying is no longer.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

swickles posted:

Sifo was found dead on an icy planet from a ship crash, finding him is what prompted Yoda to go on a vision quest and learn how to manifest post death from Quigon Jinn.

I thought it was just his lightsaber and nothing else? That whole thing confuses me, that was certainly a reaction to finding it. I guess they had to explain why Ben could be a Force Ghost but not Qui-Gon.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Having to discover the whole force-ghost thing was so goddamn stupid

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jet Jaguar posted:

I thought it was just his lightsaber and nothing else? That whole thing confuses me, that was certainly a reaction to finding it. I guess they had to explain why Ben could be a Force Ghost but not Qui-Gon.

They followed the trail and found Siilman with the Pykes, after Sifo-Dyas had been killed. He had gone mad and Dooku killed him before they could get much info out of him.

Edit: The Pykes admitted to giving Sifo-Dyas' corpse to Dooku after they shot down his ship.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 13, 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Plo Koon survived to become a Halloween costume no one wants.

Only a diseased mind likes plo koon

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1382689163376476161

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dave Filoni making a full blown Plo Koon Disney+ series is something I want to see.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well George maybe don’t approve such bad rear end designs. Plo Koon looked sick.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vintersorg posted:

Well George maybe don’t approve such bad rear end designs. Plo Koon looked sick.

Plo Koon is indeed a BAMF and the fact that he looks like a robot fungus skeleton just endears him to the world even moreso.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Plo Koon was always my favorite as a child because he just looked like a solid bad rear end. I loved what they did with him in the series and watching it as an adult a few months ago made me so happy. Made his death hit so hard when I watched RotS recently. :smith:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did anybody care when Ki Adi Mundi died? Hell no, gently caress that penis headed rear end in a top hat.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cartoon Man posted:

Did anybody care when Ki Adi Mundi died? Hell no, gently caress that penis headed rear end in a top hat.

Presumably all the ladies he was sleeping with, since he got special permission to bang from the Jedi Council.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Anita Dickinme posted:

Plo Koon was always my favorite as a child because he just looked like a solid bad rear end. I loved what they did with him in the series and watching it as an adult a few months ago made me so happy. Made his death hit so hard when I watched RotS recently. :smith:

I was always fond of the relationship he had with Ahsoka.

"Little 'Soka" 😭

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

jassa posted:

I was always fond of the relationship he had with Ahsoka.

"Little 'Soka" 😭

Like I said, per Star Wars rules if there’s no body then they ain’t dead.

There’s still hope!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Say what you will about Lucas' writing and directing skills, and I'm sure we all have, everything I've read about him makes him seem like a pretty decent person to work for and an all-around good guy. Not something you can say about too many creatives, especially the older ones.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Moon Slayer posted:

Say what you will about Lucas' writing and directing skills, and I'm sure we all have, everything I've read about him makes him seem like a pretty decent person to work for and an all-around good guy. Not something you can say about too many creatives, especially the older ones.

He seems like a good guy, but I don't know that I'd say he's good to work for, at least as an actor. Everything I've heard is that he's a very frustrating director in that way. It really seems like Hamil, Ford, and Fischer basically had to direct themselves (and each other) in the original trilogy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Phylodox posted:

He seems like a good guy, but I don't know that I'd say he's good to work for, at least as an actor. Everything I've heard is that he's a very frustrating director in that way. It really seems like Hamil, Ford, and Fischer basically had to direct themselves (and each other) in the original trilogy.

Interesting thing to say, considering he only directed the first movie of the OT.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Faster. More intense

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah but that's more "bad" in the context of the craft, I'm talking more like "abusive" or "sex pest."

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Plo Koon breathes helium

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah but that's more "bad" in the context of the craft, I'm talking more like "abusive" or "sex pest."

Well there is that apocryphal(?) story about Indiana Jones and how Lucas and Spielberg were kicking around that Marian and Indy got involved when she was only 14...

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
*slide whistle noise*

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jet Jaguar posted:

Well there is that apocryphal(?) story about Indiana Jones and how Lucas and Spielberg were kicking around that Marian and Indy got involved when she was only 14...

I seem to remember reading that directly from the notes of their conversation planning Raiders of the Lost Ark. And it being Lucas that came up with the idea, and Spielberg not being wild about it, and stressing that she should be a bit older than that.

I'm not going to dig through them now, but it's more than just apocryphal.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Spielberg: Okay, ephebophilia, sure. Just not the bad ephebophilia.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It's right there in the opening on Raiders that Indy struggles with... 'issues' relating to his younger students.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Bismuth posted:

*slide whistle noise*

Look it was cold that day ok??

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Really? I was the only one to stay up late to see more Hera and Chopper antics? Ok.

i’m glad they didn’t kill off Hera’s mom so soon after introducing her. She’s an interesting character and I hope we see more of her

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I really thought Hauser was going to leave with the Syndullas and end up joining Rex on whatever he’s currently doing, but I’m just glad he wasn’t killed off. For a moment there I genuinely thought Crosshair was going to change his mind and shoot him in a rage as he was being arrested.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really thought Hauser was going to leave with the Syndullas and end up joining Rex on whatever he’s currently doing, but I’m just glad he wasn’t killed off. For a moment there I genuinely thought Crosshair was going to change his mind and shoot him in a rage as he was being arrested.

As soon as he started off I thought Crosshair was going to take the shot and that was going to cause the other clones to full out rebel against the Empire.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So the Hera story wasn’t just a oneshot then? Nice, I haven’t see the episode yet but do the actual Bad Batch get a bit more screen time in this one (also do we see more of the old Chopper here, he was way too chill last time)?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

So the Hera story wasn’t just a oneshot then? Nice, I haven’t see the episode yet but do the actual Bad Batch get a bit more screen time in this one (also do we see more of the old Chopper here, he was way too chill last time)?

Yes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wonderful, thank you

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

"Yes. You're dangerous and uncontrolled maneuvering is as confusing to them as it is to us."

Great line.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Wrecker: master tactician!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Wonderful, thank you

:tipshat:

thrawn527 posted:

"Yes. You're dangerous and uncontrolled maneuvering is as confusing to them as it is to us."

Great line.

I truly enjoyed it along with “Isn’t that what soldiers do?”

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Really feels like these past two episodes are our semi-light detour before stuff really starts going down.

Really thought Howzer was going to bite it too. It does make me wonder how controlled the rank-and-file clones are. Did Howzer Order 66 anybody, or maybe he came out clean because he was on Ryloth with the Syndullas?

Also, a decent chunk of those clone troopers decided to join Howzer, I'm sure that's another point in recruiting troopers that are loyal only to the Empire, not to, say, people they fought with in the Republic.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat that was a very good episode. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Years ago there was an art of The Clone Wars series book, and it was full of commentary from Filoni and the other artists. There was only one single comment in the whole book (that I recall) from George Lucas:

"If I didn't stop Dave, he'd have Plo Koon in every episode."