Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hopefully they're gonna use the P5R engine for P6 and also maybe not have such a clusterfuck of a dev cycle so maybe it'll come out sooner, but it's already been like four years and we haven't heard a peep. Also if they're going to announce P6 it'll be at the end of the planned set of announcements because they don't want to announce anything to the sound of crickets chirping because they already blew their load a year ago. Though I dunno, maybe a full year after the announcement of P6 is enough time for a spin-off or Steam/Switch port to not go over like a fart in an elevator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I dunno guys I think they're getting ready to announce persona 6

just a hunch

:sickos:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They're gonna announce an MMO

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am still very amused that the franchise is so associated with high school that they have the logos for the high schools the characters go to as the background, even Maya, who is an adult and does not go to that high school.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Hellioning posted:

I am still very amused that the franchise is so associated with high school that they have the logos for the high schools the characters go to as the background, even Maya, who is an adult and does not go to that high school.

I had the exact same thought

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

7 things? I have some ideas

Persona 1 Remake for Switch
Persona 2 Remake for Switch
Persona 3 Remaster for Switch
Persona 4 Golden for Switch
Persona 5 Royal for Switch
Persona 5 Arena For all platforms
Persona 6 for PS5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PUT ULTIMAX ON PC

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blockhouse posted:

just a hunch

Watch it be that mobile game that was teased

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

just a hunch

Whore the people in the first row? From a spinoff game or something?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gaius Marius posted:

:argh:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Next year will be six years from when the original P5 dropped, so it does also make sense that a new one would be coming.

I read this sentence and then the Matt Damon aging gif happened to me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm putting in my honor for a SMT If remake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Badger of Basra posted:

I read this sentence and then the Matt Damon aging gif happened to me

The cast of P3 are entering their 30s (well most of them)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Gaius Marius posted:

An apostrophe really does make all the difference.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Folks, we've been working on this project for a long time and we're so happy to finally be able to share with you, the next step on our Persona journey

A new anime rendition of Persona 4, but this time it is told from the perspective of Teddie

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Unbearable.....

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

....am I dumb or am I the only person who didn't know that Ryuji's insta-kill could be used while on foot

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

....am I dumb or am I the only person who didn't know that Ryuji's insta-kill could be used while on foot

I didn't know this until after I had 98% compendium completion and was going for 99% in the final dungeon when I did it by total accident

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Carlosologist posted:

I didn't know that...

...because Ryuji doesn't have an instant-kill in the version I've played.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They're going to announce Boy With Earring's canonical name.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They better not. It would ruin the part at the bottom of alaya shrine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Spiffster posted:

... you know exam days for this run will literally be about 3 or so x presses and then you put the console back in sleep mode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2YOWTPq4s

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Heartbreak, Heartbreak is an earworm

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Just finished Sapporo in P5S. Definitely my favorite chapter to date, and it was great to see Haru's character fleshed out more.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can't wait till Persona 6 releases so I can wait several years for the good version to come out.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Pwnstar posted:

Can't wait till Persona 6 releases so I can wait several years for the good version to come out.

:hmmyes:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have bought Persona 3 3 times, so I understand why they do it. But it is slightly annoying yes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My current P5R playthrough has me resigned to the fact that yes, I will play Persona 6 on release, then several years later will be OK with doing it all over again for the extra content

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
They will contrive some way to make it exclusive to the PlayStation 5 Pro, and there will be a cliffhanger in the middle that requires you to import a save game into a followup game exclusive to the Switch.

The re release will contain both parts but it will be a Stadia exclusive.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

July 18: rained-out fireworks festival, watched a DVD

This is also Day 100 of the playthrough, about one-third of the way through the game, whew

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Watching a Persona 2 LP is making me want to replay this great game.

Also they are playing the PSP version, I played the PSX fan translation. Can't help but notice they call Eikichi's school a different nickname between them and the wiki even notes it:

quote:

Kasugayama High School (春日山高校*)? is a dungeon in the Persona 2 duology. It is a boys'-only school with a derogatory nickname. In the Japanese version, it is referred to as "Kasu High" (カス高) which means "Dregs High" because it is renowned for accepting delinquent students, usually expelled from other schools. In the official English version of Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP), the nickname is translated as "Cuss High". Alternatively, the fan translation for the PSX version calls it "K'rear end-u-gay-ama High".

Always felt that sounded so weird, although Cuss High is pretty frickin' lame, too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cuss High rules

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

quote:

Alternatively, the fan translation for the PSX version calls it "K'rear end-u-gay-ama High".

This caught me off-guard :lol:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

cuss high's pretty good! i feel like the fan tl also used "k'rear end high" tho iirc the official tls better than the fan one?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't think this is actually good advice:

Palace 4 coming up soon.

Also, July 24 is the canonical start of Persona 5 Strikers! I highly recommend playing that

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 24, 2021

Tektolnes
Jul 2, 2013
Is there any benefit to playing this game on PS5?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Tektolnes posted:

Is there any benefit to playing this game on PS5?

Basically nonexistant loading times which for a game this long really adds up

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh no. Oh god. This can’t end well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This ARG for Persona 5 Strikers has gone too far

edit:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Well, that was cathartic. Although the insult immediately after kinda brings it down.