Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

DressCodeBlue posted:

Sorry if this is too off topic for the thread, but does anyone have any favorite game-scheduling tools?

Our group is starting a campaign where we each take turns DMing/hosting (not always the same person) for a few sessions and Google Calendar is kind of clunky for what I want to use it for.

whenisgood.net is the best thing i've found, it's pretty drat easy to use and ridiculously low fuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Arivia posted:

whenisgood.net is the best thing i've found, it's pretty drat easy to use and ridiculously low fuss
That website owns but just about the only thing constant for this is the time/day.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DressCodeBlue posted:

Sorry if this is too off topic for the thread, but does anyone have any favorite game-scheduling tools?

Our group is starting a campaign where we each take turns DMing/hosting (not always the same person) for a few sessions and Google Calendar is kind of clunky for what I want to use it for.

Back in the day https://whenisgood.net/ is what I used to use for that stuff for figuring out when everyone has availability for starting a game up.
Roll20 allows you to schedule things in advance but doesn't compare calenders.
Outlook is actually really good for setting meetings and comparing for schedule conflicts, but requires everyone have/use outlook or tell the folks who use it when to block stuff for them.

Edit: I guess it's also worth asking what's breaking down about google calenders? I'm not sure if recommendations like "use this discord or slack bot!" would be useful tips if some folks aren't tech savvy or just aren't updating their info for example.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 14, 2021

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Coolness Averted posted:

Edit: I guess it's also worth asking what's breaking down about google calenders? I'm not sure if recommendations like "use this discord or slack bot!" would be useful tips if some folks aren't tech savvy or just aren't updating their info for example.
Discord is what we're using to plan in the first place and bot would be ideal if you got one. What's breaking down is just making sure a bunch of people, half of which don't use Google Calendar at all, actually update their poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DressCodeBlue posted:

Discord is what we're using to plan in the first place and bot would be ideal if you got one. What's breaking down is just making sure a bunch of people, half of which don't use Google Calendar at all, actually update their poo poo.

This one RPG Discord server I frequent uses Apollo. The free version might be good enough for your needs, and the full version for one server is $5/a month. You can schedule events, including recurring ones, and it will contact you on Discord to remind you. Signup is done by clicking on a reaction, and creating and editing events is pretty straightforward, in my opinion.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

DressCodeBlue posted:

A time-release poison and being the one in charge of the antidote.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hostile V posted:

A time-release poison and being the one in charge of the antidote.

I guess in the era of online games having the antidote in one of those pet feeders that only recognize 1 collar is also required.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
My group uses doodle.com but pretty inconsistently. During COVID it’s just been “someone drops a message in slack to see who’s free this Sunday.”

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Coolness Averted posted:

I guess in the era of online games having the antidote in one of those pet feeders that only recognize 1 collar is also required.
Wish I thought about that because man online shipping prices add up.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

neonchameleon posted:

Are they perfect? No. But the sheer amount of goalpost moving, barrel scraping, and nonsense, not to mention slanderous lies (in a previous dose of criticism on this site photoshop was used to "prove" brownface) is ridiculous.

Excuse you, moths was talked down to calling it "greenface" after someone found a higher res image.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Excuse you, moths was talked down to calling it "greenface" after someone found a higher res image.

Well now that depends on if you're talking about the time one of them dressed as a goblin, OR the time one of them dressed as "Tigga Hoods" to do a parody video called like "I'mma Hot Cheeto" or something.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I am nothing if not flexible.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

theironjef posted:

Well now that depends on if you're talking about the time one of them dressed as a goblin, OR the time one of them dressed as "Tigga Hoods" to do a parody video called like "I'mma Hot Cheeto" or something.

It was a cheap green facepaint job for a guy RPing a regular D&D goblin.

Though talking about that kind of thing does make me wonder how tasteful it is to cosplay as WoW trolls considering all the characterization around them....

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

It was a cheap green facepaint job for a guy RPing a regular D&D goblin.

Though talking about that kind of thing does make me wonder how tasteful it is to cosplay as WoW trolls considering all the characterization around them....

Oh, it's both. Or that goblin sure loved raps about golfing.

Granted this is all like years post-apology, I'm not gearing up to demand another one and don't have a horse in this race.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Now I'm mad about blackface again.

Flexible.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

theironjef posted:

Oh, it's both. Or that goblin sure loved raps about golfing.

Granted this is all like years post-apology, I'm not gearing up to demand another one and don't have a horse in this race.

The goblin thing I meant was I think a clip from one of their game recordings, you're talking about the earlier actual blackface. Pocky In My Pocket linked back to what I was talking about a page ago:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953789&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=80#post516194144

(Yes, I am linking to a post linking to a post, I have no regrets.)

Anyway the discussion just reminded me of "greenface" and made be laugh a bit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Shut the gently caress up about podcasts snype

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
As Leperflesh asked upthread - Please take contentious AP podcast talk - particularly CR fights where you really want everyone to know how (good/bad) they are - to the Industry thread.

I have never had the opportunity to use my IK buttons, and I'm getting antsy about trying them out.

e: Or make a new thread for angryposting about CR, or about people who are mean to CR.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 14, 2021

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

As Leperflesh asked upthread - Please take contentious AP podcast talk - particularly CR fights where you really want everyone to know how (good/bad) they are - to the Industry thread.

I have never had the opportunity to use my IK buttons, and I'm getting antsy about trying them out.

e: Or make a new thread for angryposting about CR, or about people who are mean to CR.

Can IKs change thread names? Because having CR in the thread name and a no-CR talk policy might be a recipe for a reoccurring concern.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Trad Games Chat: I will chop off your tongue if you talk about any one thing for more than 3 pages at a time

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Traditional Games › Trad Games Chat: your tongue made a critical loll

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Traditional Games › Trad Games Chat : I'm an AP Podcaster, with over 39 confirmed killed podcasts.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Coolness Averted posted:

So has anyone else had their virtual games fizzle now that their friends all went stir crazy due to covid?
Both of my weekly games haven't met since mod June.

My group's last session was mid June, and then my GM went on a vacation and we're not going to be back until August. Right before what will be the big boss battle in the next session or two.|

(E: Also mid june, you don't happen to be playing a 5e Curse of Straahd campaign with a blue dragonborn bard?. I know it's extremely unlikely, but it'd be funny if a member of my group has been a fellow goon all along)

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 14, 2021

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Foolster41 posted:

My group's last session was mid June, and then my GM went on a vacation and we're not going to be back until August. Right before what will be the big boss battle in the next session or two.|

(E: Also mid june, you don't happen to be playing a 5e Curse of Straahd campaign with a blue dragonborn bard?. I know it's extremely unlikely, but it'd be funny if a member of my group has been a fellow goon all along)

Ha ha, no, these are a blades and a spire game. I've been waiting to finish the spire game to do a post mortem on what worked, what needed tweaks, and unforseen consequences of my tweaks/what I had to do to compensate for those.
Right now we're scheduled to at least finish that this week, hopefully.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I've had to marshal my players a bit more lately but we've managed to mostly keep it going, though with more skip weeks than normal.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My own regular games have seen more disruption lately, but this is partly because I'm taking a turn to do a short campaign to let the GM of one of them play and I keep having ridiculous events occur. But then, to be fair, going outside and doing things is at least a cautious potentiality now.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

theironjef posted:

Can IKs change thread names? Because having CR in the thread name and a no-CR talk policy might be a recipe for a reoccurring concern.
hah, when'd that happen? yeah, gently caress it, never mind

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
In other news, my friend's dog looks like a refugee from IronClaw or some fantasy muppet production.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Or homebrew a 5e hack of it

Everyone says this is the worst edition of, oh, you meant D&D.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
E: I got some answers, and also realized this would make things worse.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 14, 2021

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

dwarf74 posted:

In other news, my friend's dog looks like a refugee from IronClaw or some fantasy muppet production.

Add a sepia filter and you have a Bloodborne enemy right proper

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Coolness Averted posted:

So has anyone else had their virtual games fizzle now that their friends all went stir crazy due to covid?
Both of my weekly games haven't met since mod June.

My online game is in a bit of a limbo at the moment since the one-shot I was running ended right as summer started with all the vacations and extra crap began, while the other GM is getting a little burnt out*. It's getting about time for me to bust out the Mad Max PBTA game I did at the start of COVID for a different group but I'm the one that keeps missing games.

*He's running RIFTS in-between raising a 1.5 and 3-year-old. I'm amazed he has the energy to even launch Discord some days.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
My regular group is still running but was in a big rush to go in-person. Which is a bit awkward as Roll20 was very convenient for a lot of things and people have actually started to play in person.

The PbtA etc. group fell apart a few months ago due to real life pressures including a player being hospitalized.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Has anybody played or run a game set in the Runeterra universe, of League of Legends fame?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

CitizenKeen posted:

Has anybody played or run a game set in the Runeterra universe, of League of Legends fame?

I've heard that Riot Games runs a game set in Runeterra.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't play MOBAs

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
<sigh/>

Has anybody played or run a session or campaign of a tabletop role-playing game set in the Runeterra universe?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

CitizenKeen posted:

<sigh/>

Has anybody played or run a session or campaign of a tabletop role-playing game set in the Runeterra universe?

No.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Yeah, I gathered by the silence. Mildly surprised, but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is there a runetera sourcebook, fanmade or otherwise? I don't really play LoL so I don't know much but it seems to be a mashup of magi-tek/steampunk stuff and traditional fantasy stuff, could be a neat setting but I have no idea what I'd do with it. How is it used in the moba?