Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

NSW extended for 2 weeks.

How good is not putting lockdowns in place until you need to as a last resort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

quote:

Mr Frydenberg hit back at the accusation of double standards, saying people were sick of the "whingeing" from Mr Andrews.

It's Frydenberg, he's the one whose tired of the whingeing. He doesn't like people insinuating that he should be doing his stupid loving job.

gently caress this government. Officially worse than the Abbott or Howard government? Hard to tell, but maybe.

Konomex fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 14, 2021

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Eediot Jedi posted:

I couldn't get a clip of this so I'll just post it from abc.

It's me the online communist hit squad coming to your twitter to tell you to do the bare loving minimum to make up for your botched vaccine program.

Literally just complaining about being held to account. Whinging about "whinging".

Also lol yes Dan "Trotsky" Andrews...

loving pathetic.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Konomex posted:

It's Frydenberg, he's the one whose tired of the whingeing. He doesn't like people insinuating that he should be doing his stupid loving job.

gently caress this government. Officially worse than the Abbott or Howard government? Hard to tell, but maybe.

More incompetent absolutely, although we probably are lucky that Abbott wasn't PM when Covid first hit, because I imagine he would have gone with a more Trump/Johnson style response.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I'm sure those comments will go down well in Frydenberg's marginal Victorian seat

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

freebooter posted:

I'm sure those comments will go down well in Frydenberg's marginal Victorian seat

Rumours are he's being parachuted into Wentworth.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Halo14 posted:

I hope he lands in a volcano

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Halo14 posted:

I thought they only took female prisoners?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

two chains of transmission currently in Vic, with the MCG listed as an exposure site last Saturday, among others

bodes well!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

two chains of transmission currently in Vic, with the MCG listed as an exposure site last Saturday, among others

bodes well!

It’s in the members reserve so either we avoid an outbreak or I move up the queue for full membership, win win

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
We are so hosed

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

Anidav posted:

We are so hosed

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated. The population believed it. We aren't world leaders, we are better than any country, we have had our head up our so far up our arse and now it is gonna come around to bite us in the arse. Aussie are about to get a sorely needed lesson in the facts of life. We are gonna go through this year what the rest of the world went through last year. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Launchpad McQuack posted:

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated. The population believed it. We aren't world leaders, we are better than any country, we have had our head up our so far up our arse and now it is gonna come around to bite us in the arse. Aussie are about to get a sorely needed lesson in the facts of life. We are gonna go through this year what the rest of the world went through last year. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

Agreed. We should in fact "let it rip"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

let us RIP

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

You... want a whole bunch of people to die???

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Vic will just shut down until it's fine and I'll get a Pfizer later on. Pop a Xanax my dude.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

You... want a whole bunch of people to die???

They are doomsdaying.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anyhow can't imagine Dan the absolute communist Andrews won't go with a lockdown given NSW.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
*watching as the delta virus slips containment lines*

Yesss Yeeessss

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

*watching as the delta virus slips containment lines*

Yesss Yeeessss

:hmmrona:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I think we're just gonna lockdown instead of that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Crossposting from ausgbs

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated.

We have eliminated it dozens of times across every different state and we'll do it again.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

source ur quotes

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

In more light-hearted events:

https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm/status/1414860872564969472?s=20

https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm/status/1414861814823751680?s=20

https://twitter.com/chaser/status/1415157129288114179?s=20

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shut the gently caress up gladys

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
gently caress you NSW. I have plans for the weekend and I'll be loving pissed if you ruin them.
Kind regards,
Victoria

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

lol Kevin has to be one buck more than Malcolm

the weird post-pm friendship these two seem to have going on is both vaguely endearing and also kind of sickening

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Periphery posted:

gently caress you NSW. I have plans for the weekend and I'll be loving pissed if you ruin them.
Kind regards,
Victoria

nsw ruins everything

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Badys Verysiklian

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

the weird post-pm friendship these two seem to have going on is both vaguely endearing and also kind of sickening

In parliament they must have had a pretty decent working relationship, given that when Rudd was PM for the first time Turnbull was willing to work with him on handing emissions.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

KRudd & Turnbull have far more in common with each other than with the "average" Australian

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Crossposting from ausgbs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

Badys Verysiklian

ayyy lmao

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...ox=1626226978-1

quote:

Six international flights that were supposed to be carrying Australians home will arrive at Sydney Airport completely empty of passengers today with new, halved flight caps coming into effect.

Three more planes, carrying eight, ten and 12 passengers each will land - and between them they are capable of carrying at least 750 passengers.

From today, the number of Australians allowed home will be slashed from 6070 to 3035 following a push by the Labor Premiers at the national cabinet which will see 18,000 Australians bumped from flights over the next six weeks.

Around 34,000 Australians have told DFAT that they wish to come home but can’t because of the restrictions on the number who can enter per week.

Also remember how this NSW outbreak started because of a guy that drove the crew from a freight plane?

quote:

The number of freight-only flights, or completely passenger-less flights today has increased to 16 compared to 11 last week meaning they now outnumber those carrying Australians.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Centusin posted:

On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

Also remember how this NSW outbreak started because of a guy that drove the crew from a freight plane?

I agree this is definitely a problem the states made and definitely not the fault of the federal government due to their failure in:

Providing adequate quarantine facilities

Not telling the 18,000 short term visitors who arrived for conferences, business, or holiday from January to May this year to gently caress off

Vaccinating the general population

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Centusin posted:

can you stop sucking Scomos dick for 5 seconds, look at the data and realise 'this is all the feds fault' because these posts are getting tiresome.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010

Centusin posted:

I've forgotten, why did Victoria, Queensland and WA (hmm what do all these states have in common) propose to reduce the number of arrivals?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Crossposting from ausgbs

gold standard gang tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

alf_pogs posted:

Didn't Gough and Fraser end up becoming friends post both of their PM tenure as well?