Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

davidspackage posted:

I feel like the Two Crazy Bitches and Evil Golddigger stories have little to do with each other, but I'm waiting to be surprised.
... The golddigger IS one of the "two crazy bitches", isn't she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zereth posted:

... The golddigger IS one of the "two crazy bitches", isn't she?

She is, but either one would make for a complete Mary Worth story. It'd be like if the story of the lady traumatized by her abusive husband shooting her dog simultaneously dealt with her identity getting stolen, if that makes sense.

I'm curious as to how the two storied will or won't get tied together.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 14, 2021

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

Rae the Doe should update later!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
So anyway...during a discussion about Minimum Security on Discord, I posted one of the earlier MiniSecs, and someone said "Are those the same characters that are in the color strips?"

We have forgotten so much of our shared history. And unless someone else wants to, that means I MUST POST MORE OF THEM. :unsmigghh:

So in the darkest hours of the night, welcome to The Minimum Security "Clash of Approaches" Battle Royale!

Starting with the earliest ones I could track down on short notice... (May 1-4, 2007)

...and then continuing our heart-stopping exploration of the latter day adventures. (June 1-5, 2010)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 14, 2021

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Gotta say the 'new' MiniSec is looking completely reasonable to me so far

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If she had any guts or comedic timing she would have ended the strip right here.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

My family's named all our cars, though thinking about it, it might have started as a joke about a car running on hamster power and naming the hamster that eventually lost its origin. Slightly more standard names than Cooper's though.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

just dropping in to say that I love Bootsie now

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set yeah I don't know either.

I think this may be The Dinette Set's "Cow Tools"

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

my best guess is he's doing a party trick with the corn where he rubs his fingers against it to make it squeak and make it sound like "see you tomorrow"

it only works with corn

I'm not sure this makes any sense but this is the only way I can think to make sense of this

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: returning home (June 24-30, 2002)

Well, that could be a problem.

Modern Kevin & Kell

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Daduzi posted:

I think this may be The Dinette Set's "Cow Tools"

you broke my grill posted:

my best guess is he's doing a party trick with the corn where he rubs his fingers against it to make it squeak and make it sound like "see you tomorrow"

it only works with corn

I'm not sure this makes any sense but this is the only way I can think to make sense of this

I have the terrible feeling it may be a poop joke.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

oh yeah poop joke makes a lot more sense I get it now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Comic Strips 2021: poop joke makes a lot more sense

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

It's the same widow whose pension Torsten Bertelsköld tried to cut and that broken promise made him lose the Ring. There might be a reason for this detail, but so far it seems rather inconsequential.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 14, 2021

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (October 29, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (October 29, 1999)

Garfield Classic (October 29, 1989)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kennel posted:

Surgeon's Tales

It's the same widow whose pension Torsten Bertelsköld tried to cut and that broken promise made him lose the Ring. There might be a reason for this detail, but so far it seems rather inconsequential.

Please tell me this little poo poo will get his comeuppance. I crave it.

quote:

Mandrake

END. loving END. We've been with this arc for two months now, at the very least (I can't be bothered to check) and it's even worse than regular Mandrake.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hostile V posted:

I very briefly was convinced that there was an edit in the second panel of Luann looking smug while the dog gleefully disemboweled her.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

lmao exactly.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "119 - Jucika Finds Protection"

"120 - Jucika Is Washing Strawberries"

"121 - Jucika And The Frogman"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It never ceases to amaze me how some goons can so well miss the obvious.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 24, 1946)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Earlybirdi

Rhymes with Orange doesn't seem to have updated today.

Get Fuzzy 7/13/01

Brenda Starr 11/10/46

Smokey Stover 4/12/42

Richard's Poor Almanac

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Gee, Axa, what could the group of people who cling to the trappings of wealth and fashion possibly be hiding from you with their lifelike full-body morphsuits? And why do they detest the malformed, radiation-stricken people who live nearby? What could it mean!?

Also Aliens?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I love how Jucika just completely owns her own good looks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I decided to check and on only about half of these dates, in some year since Olivia James started doing Nancy, does Sluggo tell Nancy that she is wrong.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Again with this. Who actually wants all their parents' junk?! Does Ellie even play keys?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My parents have a piano. I do not play the piano. If I heard they were getting rid of it, I would take the piano.

I don't know how I would justify it to myself, but it would be an instinctive reaction.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EBB posted:

Again with this. Who actually wants all their parents' junk?! Does Ellie even play keys?

He's actually a musician; he plays the trumpet. Ellie would just put it in the corner somewhere, complain about having to clean it, and yell at the kids for touching it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Slammy posted:

Dogbert February 15, 1966

:drat: It's also heartbreaking that you could run the same strip today and the only thing you would have to change is maybe KKK-members to MAGA-members.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (December 31, 1936-January 2, 1937)

This has been a fun story line.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Sylvia

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I refuse to believe Jeremy doesn't know who Hanson is.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Author Unknown?

John Allison's Patreon
John Allison's Gumroad Site
Steeple Website
My Author Unknown? Guide Password is TheOther

Last page tomorrow!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Endless Mike posted:

I refuse to believe Jeremy doesn't know who Hanson is.

Yeah, this is late '97, early '98? Every single teenage American knew who Hanson was by that point, "MMMBop" was one of those singles that became inescapable from the moment it entered MTV/radio rotation. I was in middle school at the time and Hanson coasted on the strength of that debut album with some of my peers well into high school.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was in HS and have similarly-aged friends who will sing it at karaoke every time. That song was everywhere.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: The trappings of office seduce McClure, or Blueberry meets the star witness, or 'Good guy comin' in, Arnie! Major Key!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

somepartsareme posted:

Gotta say the 'new' MiniSec is looking completely reasonable to me so far

I've been remembering a lot more about MiniSec as it's been posted. In particular I remember thinking the author must be delusional if she thought the evil oppressive regime she was drawing here actually existed in reality.

Revisiting it ten years later, I, uh, have shed a few of my naive illusions on this matter.

Bizarro

The Family Circus