Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Family who moved should have been isolating for 14 days under the terms of their red permit. I'm not sure where the trip to Coles fits in with that timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

quote:

"Stay at home unless you absolutely have to leave the house! There's no definition of what is and is not essential," she says.

"The challenge, which has been demonstrated, is that we need to make sure people are able to obtain those things that they need to obtain.

"That's why we announced the financial package we did yesterday, to make very certain that unless you're providing essential food or services, people should not be leaving their home."

"Hey boss the Premiere said I had to follow they health order and stay home. Oh I still have to come to work against health advice? Ok cool"

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

quote:

Can I make this point. If you have symptoms, you should not be going to work. If you have symptoms, go to the closest clinic to get tested and then go home and isolate until you get a result or receive health advice.

Okay great, this is really clear. If you have symptoms get tested, stay home, don't spread it.

quote:

If you are an essential worker or someone who cannot work from home and must conduct particular work living in the Fairfield Local Government Act area, you can get tested next to your place of work.

Wait wait.. so if I have symptoms, I get tested and then go to work!? and spread it until I'm positive?

quote:

If you don’t have symptoms and need to conduct work outside your home, you cannot do it inside the house, you can get tested at the closest place to your workplace as opposed to in the Fairfield area, to take pressure off their field.

Uh, um. Wtf did she just say? So wait, I should get tested alongside symptom positive people, and risk getting covid? Why would I get tested if no symptoms? I still have to wait until the results come back. Why not just make it so employers can't gently caress you over and declare a lockdown for all?

quote:

We accept the people had to wait a long time, we experience this as well as the Northern Beaches. What is important for us is to communicate our decisions as quickly as we can and then provide that operational support.

Wait a long time for what? the test results? your communications? the COVID pandemic ongoing? the lockdowns?

This bitch can't even use proper English let alone communicate their strategy in plain and simple terms.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

Family who moved should have been isolating for 14 days under the terms of their red permit. I'm not sure where the trip to Coles fits in with that timeframe.

Just a quick trip to Coles for essentials will be fiiine! Nobody will know and we can isolate once we're settled in!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Yayyyyyyy

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

dunno what that means but I assume it means "congratulations on your dick that works big shot"

glad to hear it champ

Laserface posted:

is this some kind of deep dream output

deep dream if it had night terrors perhaps

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I want to know how many of the people currently in hospital with covid across the country weren't eligible for vaccination.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Okay great, this is really clear. If you have symptoms get tested, stay home, don't spread it.

Wait wait.. so if I have symptoms, I get tested and then go to work!? and spread it until I'm positive?

Uh, um. Wtf did she just say? So wait, I should get tested alongside symptom positive people, and risk getting covid? Why would I get tested if no symptoms? I still have to wait until the results come back. Why not just make it so employers can't gently caress you over and declare a lockdown for all?

Wait a long time for what? the test results? your communications? the COVID pandemic ongoing? the lockdowns?

This bitch can't even use proper English let alone communicate their strategy in plain and simple terms.

Have you read any of the news articles? There were long queues for testing in Fairfield because people that live in Fairfield but work outside it need to be tested every few days. It's pretty obvious that she is just saying if you have symptoms, get tested and stay home, if you don't have symptoms but need to do your mandatory test, you should try to do it near work so that the testing places in fairfield aren't placed under too much pressure. That's it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So there wasn't one removalist van, there was two.
None of them were wearing masks.

I'm not one for vigilante justice, but what I am saying is that they should name the company involved and no one should use their services ever again

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh fun! We've seen what fleeting contact does for Delta, so that's gonna do wonders for cases :sigh:.

Highpoint as well's not great.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Removalists weren't wearing masks.

Beaten.

Now truckies want to be made a priority group for vaccination.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 14, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Truckies seems like an OK idea with my next-to-no knowledge of what they do. Don't they constantly hop between cities and work with tight, refrigerated spaces?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Centusin posted:

Have you read any of the news articles? There were long queues for testing in Fairfield because people that live in Fairfield but work outside it need to be tested every few days. It's pretty obvious that she is just saying if you have symptoms, get tested and stay home, if you don't have symptoms but need to do your mandatory test, you should try to do it near work so that the testing places in fairfield aren't placed under too much pressure. That's it.

yeah it's working well lmao

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

Truckies seems like an OK idea with my next-to-no knowledge of what they do. Don't they constantly hop between cities and work with tight, refrigerated spaces?

The issue isn't that they shouldn't be a priority group. It's that multiple groups want to be made priority groups and we haven't even finished vaccinating 1A yet. Merely declaring additional groups "priority" isn't enough.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

They absolutely should be a priority group, along with anyone doing a delivery job of any description. Whether it's post or even just something like Deliveroo or UberEats.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

How long until we find out the removalists were running drugs on the side

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arguing with some oval office at work who doesn't believe in getting the vaccine and thinks it's all horseshit and the government will take away his rights.

"Give me one good reason to get the vaccine"
"Protect yourself and protect the community"
"I still don't want it"

"They'll be forcing us to take it soon. What happens if a nurse doesn't want to get it"
"They should get another job, because they should know better"

"They're just making it up"
"Tell that to the millions dead worldwide"

Resisting the urge to straight up calling him a oval office because he has to weld some poo poo together for me later.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/Pollytics/status/1415143579186388994

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

there is a huge amount of stupid people that hear 'vaccinations mandatory for this type of work' and immediately go into a white hot rage about 'mandatory vaccinations'

they are not the same thing. you dont have to get the vaccine, but you also cant work in that type of job without it.

the government cant/wont force anyone to have a vaccine if they dont want it (and those people will eventually get covid or will be limited in what they can do for work or where they can go, probably)

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Centusin posted:

Is this you on the left?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nsw-premier-dating-high-profile-lawyer-arthur-moses-20210618-p582d4.html

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ngl this is better than I thought it would be.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
More blame-shifting by Scotty from marketing.

quote:

Scott Morrison has blamed Australia’s top doctors advising on immunisation for the warnings applied to AstraZeneca, and the resulting slow rollout of Covid-19 vaccines.

In an interview with 2GB Radio on Wednesday, the prime minister said “very cautious” decisions by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisations (Atagi) had slowed the rollout “considerably” and “put us behind”.

Atagi’s co-chair, professor Allen Cheng, pushed back by noting in comments to Guardian Australia that its role is to provide advice, but the federal government remains responsible for making decisions and the vaccination rollout.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/14/scott-morrison-blames-atagi-doctors-for-australias-slow-covid-vaccine-rollout

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

:itwaspoo:

:itwasgoldstandard:

And change the woman in it to Gladys.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Maybe we need to play this on endless repeat on all media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnBtOPUMyqU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I love how every time he tries to shift blame now, whoever he's pointing fingers at breaks with typical tradition and comes out of hiding to politely rebuke them and state it's the Federal Government's place to make the decisions to throw Scotty back under the bus he was trying to climb out from.

He's completely hosed now if nobody's towing the party line to save face.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do you work here infinitum

https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/roxy-jacenko-imbeciles-nsw-health/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I think we have a winner.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Ipswich is getting in on the act now.

St Vincent's has released footage of its covid ICU. It's nothing like the ridiculous "graphic" government ad.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 14, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Lolie posted:

Ipswich is getting in on the act now.

I haven't heard about any new cases but yeah there's a bunch of new casual contact tracing sites listed around the switch. Interesting given mask restrictions are getting relaxed on Friday

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I haven't heard about any new cases but yeah there's a bunch of new casual contact tracing sites listed around the switch.

Yeah, someone who has tested positive went to a few places on the 9th.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

You would think if it was a NSW linked delta case we'd be hearing about it by now rather than just updating the exposure site listings quietly but who the gently caress knows.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

spaceblancmange posted:

You would think if it was a NSW linked delta case we'd be hearing about it by now rather than just updating the exposure site listings quietly but who the gently caress knows.

I don't think it's linked to the NSW case but it's not exactly clear given the other new site is the international airport

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

International departure... hmm this might be like the Tassie case the other day where someone has left the country tested positive shortly after arrival probably caught it in transit but they are just being really thorough. Some actually info would be good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spaceblancmange posted:

I think they're still putting all the data together and will probably make a more formal announcement tomorrow or the day after once they have a better idea on how hosed this outbreak is. Especially if they're tracing out of the MCG.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Should I believe Centrelink when they say that my jobseeker payment will get automatically cancelled now that i have a job?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

SuddenCactus posted:

Should I believe Centrelink when they say that my jobseeker payment will get automatically cancelled now that i have a job?

Hell no.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SuddenCactus posted:

If you stop submitting the fortnightly online form the payments will automatically stop

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
What the gently caress is wrong with NSW???

https://twitter.com/edengillespie/status/1415272294285410305

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Odds are they're off to get the jab out of sight of the hoi polloi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all bets are off when it comes to private school kids, they get whatever they want