Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Cats are mods installed by God to min max birds to level up into apex predator dinosaurs

HELL YEAH

someone gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm sorry for continuing the cat derail (Pastry, Ugly, Hello: feel free to probe me for it), but I just wanna point out the following, which is more in the spirit of the thread:

Looked at cat poisoning dude's rap sheet to see how big of a shitshow they are. They ate a probe once for being all "I'M A VEGAN, IF YOU CONSUME DAIRY YOU SUCK FOR HURTING ANIMALS" (edit: I misread) in a thread which had nothing to do with that. And now threatens to poison someone's pet for the crime of pooping in their yard.

Troll, or idiot? (Or por que no los dos?) Either way, glad cat-killing advocate is gone, thank you co-workers.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Jul 14, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, kind of seems like a troll trying to make people who care about animals look dumb. A tale as old as time.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I assumed that they were saying they had plants that are posinous to cats in their garden?

Maybe foxgloves?

Saying that the "haven't seen it" bit is weird if that is the case.

Also this should go without saying bu do not poison cats.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I can’t believe no one pointed out that indoor cats live significantly longer as well.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I find myself 100% happy about asking for the probe last night because I have some OPINIONS about outside cats. Opinions I would not have expressed well. Good job Mod team!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

did the forums ever decide how to change the accounts of deceased goons to "honor" them? I remember someone suggested a little "in memoriam" wreath to go around their avatar

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Desert Bus posted:

I find myself 100% happy about asking for the probe last night because I have some OPINIONS about outside cats. Opinions I would not have expressed well. Good job Mod team!

This could go either way, because goon, so I'm choosing to believe you are pro cat murder.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Desert Bus posted:

We aim to please, happy to be of service

Now, so I don't go off on my opinions about outside cats:

Anyone got that thread where the dude was gonna open a coffee shop in Bumfuck, Texas (?) in a disused carwash that was for sale? GBS and FYAD were rightfully making GBS threads all over it, and a few of us GWS industry workers came in, our kitchen knives unsheathed, to say "the gently caress are you thinking?" I think it ended up being another troll thread, but I recall some funny replies and edits.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

did the forums ever decide how to change the accounts of deceased goons to "honor" them? I remember someone suggested a little "in memoriam" wreath to go around their avatar

There was a big old qcs thread about it but I don't think people could ever agree on what to do, so you still get perma'd. You might keep your av now though.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Desert Bus posted:

Clever. Now no one suspects you're a crazy person.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Change their plat icon to the gravestone from old MTG cards

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

We aim to please, happy to be of service

Now, so I don't go off on my opinions about outside cats:

Anyone got that thread where the dude was gonna open a coffee shop in Bumfuck, Texas (?) in a disused carwash that was for sale? GBS and FYAD were rightfully making GBS threads all over it, and a few of us GWS industry workers came in, our kitchen knives unsheathed, to say "the gently caress are you thinking?" I think it ended up being another troll thread, but I recall some funny replies and edits.

This one?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906525

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Not only do I keep my cat in doors, I keep my dog in small spare room and my wife and children in the basement, sustained entirely on Huel and purified water. They are all incredibly unhappy, but most importantly, safe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Cats loving love boxes so this sounds like responsible pet ownership to me.

We have a cat that a coworker was going to put down and the poor thing is terrified of boxes. It's so sad

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Len posted:

We have a cat that a coworker was going to put down and the poor thing is terrified of boxes. It's so sad

Cats are also scared of loving everything too. Truly a strange creature.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My corgi is scared of his own shadow (literally). He is the most useless herding dog ever

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

Clever. Now no one suspects you're a crazy person.

I am open and out and proud of being physically and mentally impaired and you've gotten a probe for laughing about me being open about it before. is this really the fight you want to pick? LOL I don't care because i'm not dumb enough to engage past this, but you really need to examine your thoughts and feelings re: the disabled community dude.

EDIT: when any of you mods see this please give me a 6'er this is a subject I tend to get upset about

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Desert Bus has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Jul 14, 2021

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how much should you tip your cat?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It doesn't matter, they're like Weebles.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It doesn't matter, they're like Weebles.

Tell that to my cat. I've watched him fall off the bed while laying down

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is Gustavo. He was an outdoor cat that I thought belonged to a neighbor. One afternoon I discovered he had no claws, so I asked my neighbors why they would be so mean to a cat and they said "that's not our cat, idk whos it is"

So I took him to the vet to get checked up and then took him inside for good

This is so cool that I forgive your post saying that I am too unattractive for Indian men

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how much should you tip your cat?

Only the amount you circumcise them.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Desert Bus posted:

I am open and out and proud of being physically and mentally impaired and you've gotten a probe for laughing about me being open about it before. is this really the fight you want to pick? LOL I don't care because i'm not dumb enough to engage past this, but you really need to examine your thoughts and feelings re: the disabled community dude.

EDIT: when any of you mods see this please give me a 6'er this is a subject I tend to get upset about

I don't mean to pile on you, but it's not really cool to accuse someone of ableism when they point out that you're posting in a very odd way.

I say that as severely disabled person myself.

RFC2324 posted:

Tell that to my cat. I've watched him fall off the bed while laying down

You are mistaken, he merely wobbled.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I don't mean to pile on you, but it's not really cool to accuse someone of ableism when they point out that you're posting in a very odd way.

I say that as severely disabled person myself.

You are mistaken, he merely wobbled.

Yeah I am pretty bad at life a lot, love you all.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spinz posted:

This is so cool that I forgive your post saying that I am too unattractive for Indian men

Thank you. I apologize for being rude in order to make a joke. I hope that there is no animosity between us :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

Yeah I am pretty bad at life a lot, love you all.

Pretty poetic last post before a probe kicked in.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is Gustavo. He was an outdoor cat that I thought belonged to a neighbor. One afternoon I discovered he had no claws, so I asked my neighbors why they would be so mean to a cat and they said "that's not our cat, idk whos it is"

So I took him to the vet to get checked up and then took him inside for good

This is Dr Domino Fuzzbutt, I'm pretty sure I kidnapped him?

We pulled up at my girlfriend's house and there was this pathetic meowing sound from outside. I called for the kitty and it didn't make itself known so we went inside. An hour later it was still out there screaming bloody murder so I tried again. A little blue of white came darting across the street to hide under my car. I got him to come out from under it brought him inside and he's been mine since 2015

Ungrateful fuckin' rear end in a top hat

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Still laughing at the idea of raccoons being the ascendant heir to the apex mini predator niche feral cats occupy in the United States.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
every poster on this site is severely disabled, in my heart

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if you put a cat on a treadmill, will it be able to take flight?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Spinz posted:

Let’s be real here, plenty of Indian men would immediately propose marriage if you posted a flattering ankle shot on Facebook.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is the treadmill a pelaton?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I once attended a museum lecture from a scientist who studies the body mechanics of locomotion in different species using treadmills, and he said that the only animal he hadn't been able to get good videos of them walking and running is the domestic cat because the little bastards just refuse to perform.

Lions, yes. Wolves, yes. Rhinoceros, yes. Housecats? gently caress you, no.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I once attended a museum lecture from a scientist who studies the body mechanics of locomotion in different species using treadmills, and he said that the only animal he hadn't been able to get good videos of them walking and running is the domestic cat because the little bastards just refuse to perform.

Lions, yes. Wolves, yes. Rhinoceros, yes. Housecats? gently caress you, no.

He obviously didn't check on youtube.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

People at my university do cat gait tests on the treadmill all the time. :shrug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Len posted:

This is Dr Domino Fuzzbutt, I'm pretty sure I kidnapped him?

We pulled up at my girlfriend's house and there was this pathetic meowing sound from outside. I called for the kitty and it didn't make itself known so we went inside. An hour later it was still out there screaming bloody murder so I tried again. A little blue of white came darting across the street to hide under my car. I got him to come out from under it brought him inside and he's been mine since 2015

Ungrateful fuckin' rear end in a top hat

hell yeah

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Tunicate posted:

People at my university do cat gait tests on the treadmill all the time. :shrug:

I'm just relaying what the guy at the podium said.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Cats suck rear end. I own a one-fanged jerkass named Zipper and he spent last week barfing up hairballs on my treadmill.

gently caress cats*

*(But hey please do not poison them what in the actual gently caress)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Meanwhile here's the one who caught a mouse despite having no otherwise discernable prey, play, or food pursuit drive. She doesn't even like catnip. We eventually had to give up on figuring out how to get either of them to run on the exercise wheel we thought we were being so clever buying them.

They were both strays before their late previous owner took them in. No idea how they survived except on pity handouts for being so drat cute.